[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Form Check Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Squat in the gym.webm (1MB, 352x640px) Image search: [Google]
Squat in the gym.webm
1MB, 352x640px
am I squating right?
>>
No.

You're initiating the squat with your knees (which isn't bad in itself if you are doing olympic-style squatts, bu tyou are not). You are losing tightness, especially in the bottom portion of the lift and you also have buttt wink.
>>
Your lower back rounds quite a bit at the bottom, which I'm sure is making you lose core tightness and harming your stability. Depth is definitely good but I think your knees are out of sync with your hips and upper body as you initiate the descent and as you start going back up. Consider sticking your butt out and puffing your chest as you start the movement.
>>
>>42681639
What do to correct this?
You're right I don't feel tightness in the lower portion but I like deep squat.
>>
>>42681692
Noted. Thanks.
>>
>>42681593
>using a belt for babby weights
>>
>>42681639
wrong. look at the bar placement. he's doing high bar. his form is fine, except for the butt wink.
>>
>>42681696
I have the same issue (I'm >>42681692); what helped me reduce butt wink for the most part was to keep upper back tightness, which in my case carried over to stabilizing my core and lower back very well. I followed Candito's squat video, puffing out my chest and retracting the scapulae like I was getting ready to behind-the-neck press the weight. As I get to that last bit of the ATG squat, I think about driving the bar with my traps and straightening my torso. The weight keeps me in balance, but it forces my back to stay upright and reduce butt-wink.
>>
stop listening to these turbo autists and just do box squats if you have a problem if not then keep on keeping on
>>
>>42681692
>high bar squat
>sticking your butt out

>>42681709 don't listen to these retards, most of the squat looks fine. just work on some hip stretches to reduce butt wink
>>
File: 1503982207166.jpg (273KB, 1164x1158px) Image search: [Google]
1503982207166.jpg
273KB, 1164x1158px
>>42681593
Is that your purse hanging on back of the rack?

Faggot.
>>
>>42681593
Everything looks pretty fine mate, just try not to go so deep, when you hit the bottom and receive the bounce it causes your back to round, widen your stance perhaps if you haven't already. Also switch to low bar, low bar masterrace.
>>42681717
ok big man
state your max sqwat + bodyweight
>>
Lower speed when going down to maintain overall tightness. Do this for some sessions. Then add speed again, progressively, without losing that tightness.

Bombing down to the hole is counter productive for pretty much all purposes of the squat.
>>
>>42681593
fellas, be honest
is squatting gay?
>>
JUST fuck my spine up famalam
>>
>>42684521
post your squat bro. show us how it's done

lol
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.