[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have done some reading on the best way to shed some weight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: weightlossripped.jpg (33KB, 644x408px) Image search: [Google]
weightlossripped.jpg
33KB, 644x408px
I have done some reading on the best way to shed some weight and discovered a thing called ketosis. It sounds pretty simple, almost no carbs and moderate protein=no sugar, body uses fat as fuel. It sounds great, but some people make a public danger out of it. There's talk about renal failure, liver damage and worst of all heart attack. From my understanding liver damage is caused by the exces of meat, and heart and overall muscle damage is caused by the lack of protein, so these 2 are symptoms of basically 2 versions of the diet. What about the kidneys? Why does the ketogenic diet promote kidney stones and renal failure? And the most important question, is it safe? Did you try it? How did it work out for you and how long you did it? Thanks for the input.
>>
>>42680031
i did it a few years ago and noticed the difference. had no health effects other than a shit load of gas and constipation
>>
Been on it for a month and I'm down about 12 lbs.

I mostly eat chicken, eggs, cheese, broccoli, and peanut butter. The most annoying part is gulping down tons of water a day and remembering to supplement enough electrolytes.
>>
>>42680031
I did it on and off, definitely noticed a difference, I really feel like it's fucking cheat code for your body. Try it. I was eating blue cheese, salad with greens, and chicken for like a week and it was great. Stomach was a washboard after day 2 - no I didn't see abs but it was flat af
>>
>>42680031
Been on keto for 8 months lost 70 lb. no health problems. Make sure to get your electrolytes in the beginning or you will experience the "keto flue"
>>
You lose weight, but it's not a good thing long term. If your building muscle stay away from keto.
>>
>>42680031
Problem is it takes too long.

>keto
>takes months
>shed pounds
>not giving your muscles the carbs they need
>progression slows

Vs.

>water fasting
>takes weeks
>progression stops, but not for long
>you don't lose muscle
>cut/bulk cycles go faster

Take the fasting redpill
>>
>>42680031
I recently tried it for about 3 weeks. To be honest it has its positives in the sense that you can't drink any sugar drinks, beer etc so it gives you a means of self control. You also do lose weight. I honestly wouldn't recommend it though. I quit based on the fact I had 0 energy and my lifts were suffering majorly. People say you get this burst of energy, idk maybe it's true but I honestly felt the weakest I ever had. Headaches, fatigue etc.. (people will say I wasn't getting my electrolytes but I did it pretty much by the book).

Even just walking up the street felt like effort until I got into the flow of it. Now i've started eating carbs again, my energy has come back.

If you're doing it purely to cut, I would recommend. If you want to build muscle or you're skinnyfat, don't bother. Just eat a balanced diet and lift.

My 2 cents
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.