[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT:EMT bros

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: Lifeshield2.png (37KB, 189x180px) Image search: [Google]
Lifeshield2.png
37KB, 189x180px
What workouts do you do to keep /fit/?
Lets go
>>
>>42679341
Lift + cardio, modified 5/3/1 sorta deal.
Currently on nights and cutting, so not going for prs or anything, focusing more on form/reps. Thinking about doing a powerlifting meet in November but if my work schedule keeps as is I'm not going to make gains from lack of sleep.

Oilfield medic and firefighter in Berta'
>>
Can I take the NIMS tests without doing the online class? I don't wanna waste 3 hours if I can Google the answers
>>
I work out at the station and make sure I cook healthy meals with the boys but I'm a firefighter not some nerd ambulance driver lmao
>>
File: FullSizeR.jpg (255KB, 1746x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeR.jpg
255KB, 1746x2048px
Can any alberta bros recommend free online stuff to get credits for ACP continuing competence?
>>
stop turning this into an adv thread. if you want to become an emt put in the work and stop looking for shortcuts.
>nursefag
trying to keep up lifting heavy patients and don't have as much formal training as an EMT obviously.
>>
>>42679341

Quit job x failure

It's not a fit job, firefighting is a joke, paramedicine is a joke, everyone's fat, nobody sleeps, everyone's miserable.

t. FF/Medic
>>
>>42679784
Tried EMT and it was really the best job I had but I don't know about continuing in the medical field. Nursing seems like the best pay but you have less autonomy.

As for working out I just did cardio. Lifting properly and don't twist your back like majority of people like to do when lifting patients.
>>
>>42679477
kek at stretcher fetchers making fun of obviously superior ambulance drivers
>>
>>42679898
Lmao if you think I do anything but stand with my hands tucked into my bunker pants
>>
>>42679694
>stop turning this into an adv thread. if you want to become an emt put in the work and stop looking for shortcuts.
>shortcuts
>EMT

I was a fucking EMT when I was 17years old and still in highschool. You don't need a shortcut to become one. You need a shortcut to being a firefigher or a cop. And that shortcut is called "Family".
>>
Former EMT here

Did 5/3/1 and ate a shit ton. Great gains even while lifting baries all day.

Also there's a lot out there beyond EMS work. You'll get a lot more value out of your work if you push for more.
>>
>>42680021
>Also there's a lot out there beyond EMS work. You'll get a lot more value out of your work if you push for more.

Like what? There's EMT-B, EMT-I, Paramedic and then there's the hierarchy of chiefs, lts, cocksuckers, and firefighters.
>>
>>42680040
Beyond EMS work I mean. You can do a lot with the experience. I went from commercial/volunteer to working for a physician network. Hands on with a lot of docs, got bumped up to a director not too long ago.
>>
>>42679968
I fucking hate you guys. In Yonkers, NY they literally the highest paid firefighters in the country and they don't do fucking shit

At least in other places firefighters help with moving the patient and doing the stairchair

But holy shit these lazy fucking assholes don't do a goddamn thing but rush us to clear them before we even see the patient
>>
>>42680291
I fucking hate EMTs and paramedics.
They are always trying to give you shit and bitch about needing to leave before finishing their fucking reports.
t. ER nurse
>>
>>42680291
Does it bother you how much pussy firefighters get?
>>
>>42680291
Dispatcher here.
I have a love hate relationship with the firefighters. Especially considering my life was actually saved by a firefighter after an earthquake in California when I was young. Yeah, they're quite awful with us as well. They'll request us to turn off units in our CAD so they don't get notifications when they fail to meet staffing guidelines and they don't want to announce on the radio that they'll turn down the trip, so they'll just not "get any" for the entire day or three.

Three fucking days off for EVERYBODY, because one person on the shift calls in. And the union lets this shit slide.

And they won't even let us use the god damn kitchen because it's on their side of the station. When it's 4am and we're the only ones awake because 911 doesn't stop, they'll only wake up for priority-1 calls or us cooking, because we're only allowed to order junk food in.

Fuck, dispatchers even get heat for calling to order food while at work, because it's either "misuse of 911 lines" or "using a cellphone at work."

Least they're still better than dayshift cops near the end of their shift.
>>
>>42680328
pls be in boston
>>
>>42680370
>Secretary here
I fixed it for you
>>
>>42680399
Brigham and women's
>>
>>42680417
Jodie?
>>
>>42680417
I prescribe 5x5 sit on my face.
>>
Had an interview with an EMS agency yesterday and they haven't called back yet. Stress is now eating my gains.

Also fuck firefighters.
>>
>>42680409
>The first-first responder
>paid twice the amount of Paramedics when the only education you need is a GED
>never in any mortal danger
>prove your worth even before starting the job with IQ tests and tests for multitasking ability

Came 2nd place out of 313 candidates. Only guy before me had 12years of experience. Feels good to be Dispatch.
>>
>>42680460
That's really cool :)
>>
>>42680493
>>
Are EMT subhuman trash in west/Americas as well? In central and eastern europe all EMT are absolutely garbarge, most frustrated and incapable people I know. Sure, some of them actually know how to resuscitate properly and maybe read a cardiomonitor properly, but all I ever came across, with FEW exceptions, struck me as doctor wannabes.
>>
>>42680425
Todd?
>>
>>42680556
There's a reason why they were one of the groups of people you should watch out for in Fight Club.
>>
SORRY JUST QUICK QUESTION

in gym now
Just tried incline db press with 65lbs for first time. Got 15 reps. How high weight should I be doing ?
>>
How much of the job actually consists of lifting or otherwise helping fat people? Do you do the same thing every day?

I'm a directionless neet and I want to be an EMT.
>>
>>42680556
I only know one and she's obese
>>
>>42679341
EMT here, I'm just doing this gig until I start med school, hopefully, next fall. I can't imagine anyone making a career out of this.
>>
>>42680827
It's not a career buddy a lot of dudes burn out and become bitter. There have been a lot of advancement in stretchers that do a lot of the lifting for you but you still have to carry some people down right stair cases
>>
>>42680970
I'm already burnt out and bitter. I just don't want to do the same thing every day. My dad is a fire alarm tech, so after I save up some money and get EMT cert I was going to go to a CC for fire science, then see If I can eventually move up to a firefighter.
>>
>>42679341
EMT story time
>Respond to call of diabetic man suffering from pain in legs
>location is the only apartment building with an elevator too small to fit the stretcher
>Dude is 500lbs and can't walk
>Fire never showed up
>My partner is a 135lb 5'2 chubbed up black bitch
> Called for backup no one responds
>I single-handedly got this fat mother fucker down ten stories in a stair chair
>About to have him get into the stretcher and he says the pain is gone
>Doesn't want to go to the hospital and promptly waddles back into his building

Moral of the story, don't be an EMT, if you are an EMT, squat and deadlift heavy.

>10th floor of only building in the city
>>
>>42679341
In college right now would yall suggest getting into being an emt as a side hustle?
>>
>>42681298
You'll make 11 dollars at the most an hour. It's a fun job if your in the suburbs but like this guy's experience the city sucks ass
>>42681163
>>
>>42681298
No harm in trying it out. It doesn't feel like a job when you have a great partner.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.