[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

godlike Triceps exercises

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

Hey /fit/

I am searching for some good Triceps exercises.

My elbows always hurt from skullcrushers and I am not sure if triceps extension are really that good.
I want to add mass to my triceps btw
>>
>I am not sure if triceps extension are really that good.

they are

also close grip bench, one of the few bench variations worth doing
>>
make sure you do a lot of pressing in general. The general public likes to use either dips or CGBP, try those. If you press a lot already then you simply need to get better at what youre already doing

any form of elbow extension is going to fuck up your elbow eventually
>>
"inclined" Skullcrushers (dont go straight up, finish a bit closer to the front of your hairline) and farmer walks are all you need
>>
>>42674929

Weighted dips, feggit.

do them.
>>
I do dips and diamond push ups.
>>
>>42674929
I do cable tricep pushdowns. Alternate sets with cable curls, doing like 15reps per set, so you'd do something like TCTCTCTCT. Gives you a fuarkin crazy arm pump
>>
Ring dips
>>
Do really high rep (100+) band pushdowns with a really fast tempo after any workout with tricep work to help your elbows. I never get elbow pain anymore
>>
>>42674929
Just doing OHP and Bench have been enough for my triceps
I used to isolate them with Skullcrushers but they started becoming too big relative to my Biceps so I stopped
>>
>>42674929
pressing, dipping and extending. it's not hard.
>>
>>42674929
I do a closer grip bench (not necessarily close grip) but it gives you the most activation in all muscles associated with the bench press.

I also do bench dips, cable tricep extensions, and single arm overhead dumbell extensions. My triceps have improved from doing this the past few weeks, adding weight to bench and adding reps to accessory movements.
>>
>>42674929
High rep tricep kickbacks, holding for two seconds at the contraction
>>
>>42674929
5x20 tricep pushdowns at the end of every workout. there's a paper out there somewhere about how good these things are for size...
>>
>>42675401
Can confirm

Lat push downs give me the best pump
>>
The Bugencrusher, a pullover transitioning to a closegrip benchpress, transitioning to a slow eccentric triceps extensions. All that on a decline bench
Credit is obv due to Eric Bugenhagen
>>
i think its very important to also include some overhead triceps exercise, as it hits the long head, which is on the most underrated muscles
>>
>>42675022
le tip
>>
File: 20170618_004937.jpg (324KB, 2896x2896px)
20170618_004937.jpg
324KB, 2896x2896px
Weighted dips past parallel are excellent for Triceps if you have the flexibility
>>
>>42675022
can someone explain this meme to me? I actually do weighted dips/pullups...
>>
>>42678908
> thick
> solid
> tight
>>
>>42678908
You're a big guy
>>
>>42679514
for you
>>
>>42674929
Close grip bench press k thnx bi
>>
>>42674929
Dumbbell pullovers. I started these recently and they are god tier. I do triceps push downs and pulldowns as well.
>>
>>42674929
u know that rope at the gym that looks like a ballsack? pull that down
>>
>>42678959
Its kindoff like a gatekeeping meme to keep normies from doing a goat exercise
>>
>>42680084

> I hate having functioning wrists
>>
>>42678959
i think it comes from weighted dippers being seen as too autistic to ask for a spot?
>>
If your gym has an assisted pull up machine, set the weight to your liking and do triceps push downs with the pad. Make sure you lean forward a bit and put the concentration in your arms and not chest, it hits the triceps really well.
>>
>>42680231
Elaborate
>>
>>42678908
u natty brah?
goal body desu
>>
>>42678045
I've done almost the same as this guy. 6 sets of bb bench, 3 sets OHP, 3 sets Push press, 4 sets DB bench, and 3 sets db sitting shoulder in split between 2 workouts each week and at the end of each doing one 30 rep set of tri pushdowns, one of them supinated, one of them pronated has done me good since mid-May. Mostly heavy weight 4-6 reps on BB movements, more 6-10 on DB's and then the high rep 30 tri pushdown at the end.
>>
>>42680287
reeee fucking cocksuckers like you hogging the machine so i can't do my natty 1 arm assisted pull ups
>>
>>42678711
Kickbacks feel like they are destroying nu shoulder with my weak arm, they feel great with the other one though
>>
>>42680309
>>42678968
>>42679514
Ty
Yes natty
>>
>>42680412
do them with a barbell standing upright
>>
>>42678908
What's your routine for thighs?
>>
>>42681908
>>42678908

what's your routine in general?
>>
>>42674967
I came here to post this.
>>
>>42674997
Farmer walks???
For triceps???
>>
So hear me out because this is going to sound retarded. If you can do glute bridges, like if you have a thick enough pad to really put the weight on them, they can be a tricep exercise. When you have multiple hundred pounds on the bar and you need to keep it from rolling down your body, but you keep your elbows from locking, that will kill your triceps.
>>
File: naten.jpg (318KB, 1776x1000px)
naten.jpg
318KB, 1776x1000px
heavy overhead extensions for dat dere long head followed by 100 reps of band pushdowns for pump and fluff desu
>>
>>42684057
Thanks Alex
>>
>>42682110
Push day pull day rest day
Push
DB OHP 4sets increasing weight 12-8 reps
Superset with DB front raise 12 reps
DB Incline fly 4 sets 12 - 8 reps
Superset with Db Lateral raise 12 reps
DB flat bench fly 3 sets 8 reps
Superset close grip Db to failure
Hanging leg raises 4 sets of 12
Superset with side crunches and Incline twists 4 sets of 20
Weighted dips 4 sets of 10, last set to failure with no weight
Finish with light pec deck 4 sets of 12 and to failure on last set
Or finish with Tricep push downs 4 sets of 12
Stretch

Pull
Pendlay row 4 sets of 12-8 reps increasing weight
Close grip pull down 4 sets of 12-8 reps
Superset with wide pull up 4 sets 12-8 reps
Preacher curls 4 sets of 12
Superset with reverse curls 4 sets of 12
Db row 4 sets of 12
Superset with rear delt fly 4 sets of 12
Finish on isolateral row machine 4 sets of 12
Or finish with bodyweight pull ups 4 sets to failure
Stretch and use wrist roller at home

Legs
Squat 5 sets, 12 reps, 8 reps, 5 reps, 5 reps, 5 reps.
Rigid leg deadlift 5 sets of 8-12 reps
Calf raises 4 sets of 12 reps
Superset with light Good mornings 4 sets of 12
Quad extension 4 sets of 12 reps
Superset Hamstring curl 4 sets of 12 reps
Stretch
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.