[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Anxiety/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I am starting strength training at the gym again after a long hiatus. The problem is I never leave the house so I am incredibly anxious about going today.

I think I am going to take a couple shots of gin before I go so I am not nervous the entire time.

Does anyone else suffer from a similar thing?
>>
>>42674432
>I never leave the house so I am incredibly anxious about going today.
I had a similar problem. Nofap + Just go out 7x per week.
>>
>>42674488

>nofap

Funny that you mention it but I started a few days ago. I have severe autism so I am trying to get a routine going before I go to college so I am not such a loser.

The gym is the only reason I can find to leave the house, seems like there is nothing to do except walk around and buy things which I have never been a fan of because I am a poorfag
>>
>>42674432
Felt the same way the first (and until around the 20th) time I went to the gym. Man up and go clean so you don't have to get yourself halfdrunk each time you want go to the gym. As much as you will hate it(both during and afterwards), it will be the best treatment against your autism
>>
Don't worry Anon, people are much nicer in real life than on this board.
>>
>>42674643

You're probably right.. I really don't want to go completely sober but the alternative is pretty pathetic

>>42674656

You guys aren't so bad
>>
Dont get drunk anon, just go
If you want to get anything out of the gym you're gonna have to go often, so needing alcohol to enable you isnt an option
Its also unsafe to weight train while drunk
You'll do fine, i believe in you
Also if you're looking for things to do out of the house you can just listen to music and go for a walk, its fun and free
>>
caffeine with l-theanine. look it up.
>>
If you are really anxious, than take a shot and go to the gym. Do not make it a habit, but I really see nothing wrong with using alcohol as a crutch to overcome anxiety - as long as you are doing it to retrain your mind instead of as a permanent solution.

Your anxiety will decrease the more often you go. This sounds silly, but for the first year of my gym membership - as a skelly with no self confidence and high anxiety - I could only bring myself to use the cardio machines and would lift weights only if nobody or very few people were in the gym. I kept going, and over time I got more comfortable.
>>
>>42674432
I suffer from panic attacks in social situations but i fail to see what could cause this at a gym. You do not have to interact with anyone. You can put your headphones on and avoid people, lift your weight and leave.
>>
>>42674743

I'm going to try this instead, already have some coffee brewed from this morning and will try steeping green tea in it.

2 hours left until GYM TIME
>>
>>42674432
The only thing that has ever helped me with anxiety like that is to just repeatedly make myself uncomfortable and just go to the gym/bar/store/class. I find the more often I'm out and about the less I feel anxious, though social stuff still tires me out like no other.

Don't start drinking to "help", you would be taking a real risk of using alcohol as a crutch for anxiety. I went down that path once and all it lead to was dropping out of college and having daily panic attacks. Digging yourself out of that hole is a hell of a lot worse than the anxiety youll have for the first while at the gym. Just do it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.