[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to learn proper form weightlifting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1497325997951.gif (2MB, 400x410px) Image search: [Google]
1497325997951.gif
2MB, 400x410px
I've been looking at trainers but they seem kind of expensive and I don't want to commit myself to a gym membership simply because I don't really know what I'm doing and I think it would be embarrassing. Is this something I can do on my own or do I need someone there?

Would it be better to just take some kettlebell classes?
>>
>>42674213
Either
>Get friend that goes to the gym and ask him to help you out
or
>Ask someone doing the exercise what form they're using when they are resting.
Results may vary on the last one. When I started working out had tons of cool guys in my gym that would walk up to me and tell me when to work my form. It can also happen that they just don't want to be bothered during their workout.
Best bet would be a friend or someone from class you know works out.
>>
>>42674239
I don't have friends and I don't like bothering people like that.
>>
>>42674299
Then follow videos on youtube, go to the gym, try to do it as best you can, hope to not go to snap city. And if your form is really shit more likely than not someone will correct you.
>>
Just kill yourself at this point. You don't even want to get /fit/
>>
>>42674213
>kettlebell classes
What the fuck
>>
>>42674213
Read starting strength. Watch his videos online on form. Go to the gym, practice, record your self, get someone to check your form in the gym.

Watch out, most people lifting do not know proper form and you will most likely know more about form and technique by reading SS. So find someone that look like they know.
>>
>>42674213

Practice at home in front of a mirror with a broomstick

Make sure back is at a 90 degree angle to the floor with a slight bend in your knees

Hands should be shoulder width apart and the bar should be less than an inch away from your shins. It's okay if the bar scratches your shins up at first but don't make it a habit or else scabs will slow you down

While keeping your upper body tight, push up with your legs and halfway through the movement thrust your hips out hard as you go from a 90 degree angle to being parallel with the floor. Squeeze your glutes at the top of the movement and don't stick your pelvis out too far or else you will hurt your lower back.

Watch pros on youtube demonstrate it for you and copy them
>>
>>42674213
Watch any Chinese weightlifter. Their form is beautiful.
>>
Start slow. Learn the 4 major compound lifts with form videos on youtube (Mark Rippetoe did some great form videos on Youtube for a channel called The Art of Manliness or something). The lifts are Squat, Deadlift, Overhead Press and Bench Press, these are called the big 4.

LEARN THE FORM. Start light. If you feel discomfort in your back or shoulders, you're probably doing something wrong. Strip off all the weight and learn the form with just the bar if you have to.

Other useful exercises which have form videos available on youtube are curls, dips, pullups/chinups, bent over rows, upright rows, chest flys, lateral raises, lat pulldowns, skullcrushers, facepulls & tricep pushdowns.

Find a nice simple 3 day beginners fullbody routine, learn all the exercises and their proper form, and you're good to go.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.