[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

best Starting Strength version

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: SS advanced novice.png (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SS advanced novice.png
50KB, 1280x720px
Is there a better beginner program than pic related?

Everything 3x5, except DL, 1x5; plus, weighted chin-ups.
>>
just add bb curls to press day then its good
>>
>>42673791
>Write Back extension on monday
>Choose to abbreviate it on friday and wednesday
>Make footnote at bottom explaining it

For what purpose? Be consistent man.

Also aren't this program doing Power cleans a bit to seldom?
>>
>>42674010
It's a screenshot of the book, I don't know why is it like that either.

While we're on that, would it be alright to add some seated cable rows at the end of the workouts? Really love it.
>>
>>42673791
>Is there a better beginner program than pic related?
Yes there is.
The same program, but:
Change power cleans for light opposite stance deadlifts
Change chinups to weighted chinups, progress normally as if it were a barbell lift
Change bench, press and weighted chinups to 5x5
Add a 5 minute curl, lat raise and calf raise circuit on press day
>>
>>42674010
>>42674067
The book answers this question. Read it.
>>
>>42674777
Nice. I will keep the power cleans tho.

>>42674871
Read the book, no mention to adding extra seated rows.
>>
>>42674965
You're welcome.
The other anon was trying to be a cunt, but he's right. Rip says to do the written part of the program as written and to add as many accessories as you want as long as they do not affect recovery for the next workout. In your case, this translates to do some light cable rows right after power cleans/deadlifts, since they aren't going to affect anything.
>>
>>42673791
don't do back extensions

Do light weight AMRAPs on major lifts if you feel like you want to do more. Beginners need the reps in order to learn the movements.
>>
>>42675254
Thanks a lot
>>
A:
Squat
Bench
Deadlift
Pull-ups or Chin-ups

B:
Squat
Press
Power Clean
Pull-ups or chin-ups
>>
File: SS AN.png (48KB, 968x688px) Image search: [Google]
SS AN.png
48KB, 968x688px
>>42674777
>>42675254
Added your suggestions plus neck curls and tris instead of curls. Is it good?
>>
>>42677636
Yep, it's almost excellent.
Nitpick: I would not do tricep extensions because I think 5x5 pressing 3x week is a lot of tricep volume. Instead, I'd do curls, because you don't have a lot of bicep volume with chin-ups 5x5 1.5x week
>>
>>42673818
bb curls are fucking shit, it's the worst way to do curls, the only reason one would push that shit exercice is having drunk the SS kool aid because rippetoe is a fucking faggot who refuses to use anything other than a Barbell
>>
>>42673791
You just described the Texas method?
>>
>>42679780
Not sure. That's what's called "advanced novice" program in PPST 3rd Ed. I guess it's halfway between SS and TM. As >>42675254 said, you can add more lifts in this phase, making it even more similar to 3-day TM.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.