[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

biceps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: yea-i-googled-it.jpg (62KB, 556x548px) Image search: [Google]
yea-i-googled-it.jpg
62KB, 556x548px
what would you guys recommend for arms
, i work out from home and only have a 300lb olympic weight set, bench, and adjustable squat rack things that i can use for bench press also....any recommendations?

right now i do scull crushers and curls, i was going up 5lbs every workout but stopped because it fucked my forearms, i have been at 70lbs 3x8 every workout, but should i be doing something different?

inb4 sticky
inb4 ss gomad
>>
>>42673569
Skull crushers are a tricep exercise, curls and chin ups are your best bet for biceps. Focus on eccentric overload and eventually you'll start seeing gains.
>>
>>42673569
Also a homegym friendo here

Get yourself a pull up bar for £20 off Amazon, they are sturdy and they won't kill you, I've had mine for 5 years.
Also buy yourself a dip belt, or do what I did for years, use an old leather belt to attach weight to.

Weighted chin-ups did more for my biceps than any other exercise. I remember when I started incorporating them I could only barbell curl 35kg for 10 reps, I dropped barbell curls for weighted chin ups for a few weeks, working up to 1plate for 5 reps, focusing on the eccentric and concentric parts of the movement. After a few weeks I went back to that barbell curl as I was going out and wanted a pump, 35kg felt light as fuck and I had got the strength to do 40kg x 8.

Long story short: Weighted chin ups.
>>
>>42673645
problem is that i have a realyl low ceiling, like low enough to where the door frame and the ceiling touch so i cant get a pullup bar to hook on the door frame :/
>>
>>42673661
People on /fit/ always have the weirdest houses I swear

dunno then m8 soz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>42673569
biceps are so fatigue resistant you can just hit them at the end of every training session, after you do all your other shit just do a few sets of a curl variant

>>42673645
weighted chins are good but if you want the biggest arms possible, hit biceps directly
>>
>>42673678
its pretty normal but the only door frames i have are all off the hallway, and the hallway has a soffit built down so the duct work for our ac....i can hook it on the inside of the rooms but that means that i will be smashing my head on the ceiling each time i pull up :/ fucking gay

how much do you think i should be going up in weight each workout with my curls? i was doing 5lbs per workout but that was a little to fast i think....or od i just stay at a weight for a few weeks then go up about 5lbs
>>
>>42673661
how about outside the house or a garage? Maybe invest into a wall mounted bar if possible, pull ups and it's variations are just a really good exercise to be missing out on.
>>
>>42673701
yea i know i need to figure something out :/

till then ill just stick to curls for biceps and scullcrushers for tris
>>
different anon here, I'm looking to build biceps as well. I'm thinking of adjustable dumbbells (10-15kg each) for home use. So far I've only used 5kg fixed dumbbells. Would I make good gains with 10 or 15kg weights?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.