[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When do I move from phase 2 of SS to phase 3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 91l1+K3sK1L.jpg (788KB, 1956x2560px) Image search: [Google]
91l1+K3sK1L.jpg
788KB, 1956x2560px
I've been running Starting Strength for a month now and I added cleans to my workout yesterday for the first time, which is described as phase 2 on the starting strength website. How long should I run this phase of the program until I switch to phase 3? On the site it just says that it could vary from several weeks to several months but it doesn't say what parameters to use to know when to switch.
>>
>>42673275
Just keep following it until you have the proportions of a woman.
>>
>>42673275

You should be doing it until you have achieved your noob gains, which are linear. When you have stalled for a week, which means that you haven't been able to raise your weight for three work outs, you should change programs to a intermediate one. This should take about one to two months.

For me it happened when I reached 92,5 kg in squats, 120 kg in dead lift, 70 kg in bench press, and 50 kg in press. I can't remember what I power cleaned, but I had some issues with power clean so I stopped doing them after a while.
>>
Also this might be of help.

http://www.strengthstandards.co/#/

I think that you should be able to achieve novice status with linear gains.
>>
>>42673275
do a split, SS is a lower body program and you'll look like shit forever if you neglect upper body when gettting your noob gains.
>>
>>42673853
doing a split will be less effective than doing starting strength though. maybe you'll look like a dinosaur for a while, but you'll get stronger faster. you'll get a nice body by next summer, just hide yourself in baggy clothes this winter.
>>
>>42673853
adding chin ups and pull ups should be enough
>>
>>42673853
Chins, curls, shoulder press, bench press, dips are all shit for upper body, huh.

because all of those accessories are in starting strength
>>
>>42674102

You have to remember that no one except me has read the book. I've even watched the DVD. Really sad.
>>
>>42673275
Read the book.

When your deadlift gets too heavy to do every workout, you move to Phase 2.

When you begin microloading your bench press, you move to Phase 3.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.