[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the leg press ineffective? Is squatting a better exercise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 529.jpg (92KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
529.jpg
92KB, 800x600px
Is the leg press ineffective? Is squatting a better exercise for your legs? What does /fit/ do for legs?
>>
>not doing bothq
>>
>>42670105
>>not doing bothq
Don't they both workout pretty much the same thing?
>>
>>42670100
I'll do feet close together on the leg press to hit the sweeps but that's about it.
>>
>>42670100
It's effective in giving you double jointed knees.
>>
>>42670110
you fatigue on squats a lot sooner than you fatigue on leg press. squats should be your priority as they'll develop real strength and power, but leg press can be perfectly good assistance for your squats and deadlifts.
>>
>>42670100
I squat 5x5 then i leg press 3x15
>>
>>42670100
legpress is not ineffective, how could it be?
if squatting is superior depends what you want to be doing, perhaps for athletic performance if you are capable of squatting without it hurting you, this doesn't mean legpress is bad for athletic perfomance vs doing nothing, but a fixed track with less stabalizer muscles needed and safety bars you can use more overload for hypertrophy training.
>>
>>42670100

are these a good alternative to squats if you have back issues?
>>
>>42671161
high-bar squats or front squats with squat shoes and good technique
>>
>>42671161
depend what your back issue is.
a heavy leg press full ROM can put pressure on your back too.
bad form on leg press with feet placement high on the platform some people can lift their low back unintentionally.
I think legpress is a great tool to have, its easier to use if you are super tired but want to do more legs.

Bulgarian split squats may be worth looking into for you if back issues and not knee/hip issues were why u dont like squat
>>
They basically are the same? I thought squats were for the ass and leg press for quadriceps.
>>
>>42671289
their similarity is they both good at building quads.
squats are a lift that helps work ass, it is not the most bang for your buck ass gains exercise you can do, but squats work all leg muscles and improve athletic ability because your whole body must be stabalized.
legpress could vaguely work some ass depening on what you are focusing pressing but its mostly quads, and because you are seated and it is on a track less stability is needed from your body, depending what your goal is this is a pro or a con, pro that you get to go really hard working for hypertrophy if you are tired or going to failure, con in that you do get stronger than doing nothing but squat would make you even stronger if only one is being chosen (both exercises done in ideal conditions)
>>
>>42670100
Just do both really. We dont have one here, so i stick to squat, hack squat and RDL, end with some high rep leg curls.
>>
>>42670100
Squats actually train all your body because it obligates you to balance all the free weight considering you're standing, while leg press only train your legs isolated, just like all machines. Do what your program says, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>42670100
no machine can compare to free weights. when you work on some shitty machine you aren't using your stabilizer muscles and you are locked into the same motion.

machines do have their place but 9/10 times, free weights are better.
>>
If your back is sore after a day or doing squats or deadlift and it's still sore the next day, do leg press and you should feel better the day after that
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.