[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College major/jobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 41

File: headaches-doctor.jpg (77KB, 994x506px) Image search: [Google]
headaches-doctor.jpg
77KB, 994x506px
So what does /fit/ do ?
Ive been going to college for about week now. My schedule is pretty down, I haven't missed a lift day yet and I don't plan to. It helps that i've given up drugs.

Im majoring in bio and trying to be an MD
Ive decided that medical is the chadiest field

it would be a fantasy of mine to be a ripped doctor
song related https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hUYYAFbd4E
>>
>>42666360
M.D. in 6 months, nearly graduated will become a urologist hopefully.
>>
about to start a phd program in econometrics. hoping to work at a hedge fund or investment bank as a quant.
>tfw nerds and foreigners intimidated by my physique
>feelsgoodman
>>
File: 1502782441572.jpg (573KB, 1419x1806px) Image search: [Google]
1502782441572.jpg
573KB, 1419x1806px
>>42666360
Finishing Accounting BA in December...considering law school for Estate/Tax Planning....Good idea/bad idea?
>>
Getting my MS in electrical engineering specializing in antenna theory and electromagnetics
>>
full time NEET
>>
File: skeleton.gif (777KB, 432x360px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton.gif
777KB, 432x360px
Mechanical Engineer with minor in Geology. Plan to work in the oil or mining field. Preferably oil.
>>
> BS Biotechnology, Chem and Human Phys minors (3.7)
> Got into research, loved it
> 1 coauthor and another in the works from undergrad
> Want to get into immunology phd program
> Currently working as a cell culture associate at a biotech company

Question for anyone in science. My current job doesn't have any chance of more publications, but it makes better money than most research positions. What are my chances of getting into a PhD program at a mid-top tier university with 2 years at this biotech company? vs. finding a research job and having another 2 years of research?
>>
>>42667148
calm down
>>
File: 1502690780039.jpg (10KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1502690780039.jpg
10KB, 224x225px
>>42668204
wut
>>
>>42666360
do yourself a favor, from one pre-med to another, and refrain from calling yourself a med school hopeful until you get an MCAT score. every joe-blow and his mother wants to be a fucking MD, you gotta earn that shit the hard way
>>
>>42667148
good idea, finance industry is growing quickly for next few years. You should find stable employment with a CFP, CFA, etc.
>>
>>42666360
Almost every pre-med student I've met was gay or closeted, a good amount had aspergers too.
I'm assuming you're not just "bio", because that really isn't enough.
Get at least a 3.7 gpa, don't get a C in any major class, and study for that MCAT like it's a fulltime job for months and months.

>>42667476
I'm just about to head into grad school so I'm not sure, most undergraduates don't have publications before grad school and a lot don't have any during either.
I'm a geo fag but I checked out a lot of grad students at the universities I'm looking at and usually only half have any pubs and it's usually foreigners that do.
From my research, and talk from profs and advisors, it's pretty much
>GRE and GPA are just screens
>letters of rec, research, and statement of purpose matter
Remember you are pretty much working for an advisor for 3-4 years so how you get along with them and how interested you are in their research are really important.
I would just apply while still working and see what happens.
>>
>>42666360
I just quit an assistant directorship at the local uni to go be a golf course greenskeeper on Monday. YOLO.
>>
>>42666360
was a history major in college, now I'm doing an MPH.

Don't be the guy who calls themselves premed a week in, ~80-90% of you will not be.
>>
>>42666360
border patrol
>>
If you want to make a ton of cash, want to be strong as fuck and have a cool guy job thats prettt easy, be a heavy duty mechanic

automotive is for cucks
>>
>>42666581
Residency blows
>tfw attending in 9 months
>>
Nothing good man. I got a bachlor's degree in a business field. Moved to a city that focuses on it and haven't been able to get a job in that field other than "temp" work through staffing agencies. I stopped doing temp work and just got a 8-4 in a mail order pharmacy, pays more, the work is so simple and the benefits are actually fairly nice.

Course, my degree is worthless and was 30k wasted until I can actually get a job in the field.
>>
>>42669034
I know a lot of people who didn't end up working in their field and wound up happy and fulfilled.

Don't quit looking, but there are worse things than to end up wasting that time and money and still finding a way to fall ass backwards into a stable job.
>>
I'm a PGY 2 peds resident. Going into Peds Crit care and will probably do a year in SCC or Cards, not sure.
>>
>>42669077
I'm okay with not working in my field. Finance was never that interesting to me to begin with, but I got the degree, helped out my family with their business and moved across the country to the city that chimes about how they're the capital of finance.

I don't want a stable job. I want a career. Even at the mail order pharmacy, it's still a simple, stable 38k a year position. Many would like it. But it's far from a career. If you want to become a pharmacy, that's another 4-5 years of pharmacy school and 140k for that degree.

I'm just about open to any field of work these days as long as there's a career path I can follow in it.
>>
>>42666360
I'm in a top 25 USMD medical school (just got a motherfucking 100% back on a weekly assessment fuck yes) and it's not like you're thinking. Or it isn't if you're thinking of it like most people do. And I'm reading your OP and it makes me think that you don't have a realistic idea of the field.

It's rewarding though. You're going to have to let go of your ideas of social hierarchy if you want to have a good time. You've also got to be able to take bullshit on the chin from attendings and pts and bullshit lectures and arbitrary testing standards.

It's sort of like a service industry job + actual power in the employer/employee dynamic and a lot of technical knowledge. And higher stakes.

Good luck OP
>>
>>42668933
You don't have to go that hard on the MCAT to do well.

If you've got to study like it's a fulltime job for 510+ you're going to be miserable in medical school. it will be above your head 80% of the time.
>>
>>42669123
Yeah I guess pharma isn't a great example here because of all the school involved.

I guess I meant "fall ass backwards into a stable career", I think you've got a good thing going; something stable to keep the lights on while you search for something more appealing and long-term.
>>
>>42667148
Why no CPA exam? I'm literally studying for it right now and it seems like a good way to go so far.
>>
>>42669143
Not a med student so I'm just spreading shit I've heard from pre-med seniors getting into medschool.
I've always thought they went too hard and stressed themselves out far more than necessary, I've seen girls cry at getting 8/10 on a weekly quiz before.
>>
Doing project management, any tips?
Hope to go into construction and then possibly finance
>>
>>42669128
Lol what medical school has graded "weekly assignments". Cmon bro. Not fooling anyone
>>
Majored in comp sci, hated it, was depressed and drank heavily all the time.

then i got fit and now Im manager of a lumber store. not bad. i can tell qts im a lumberjack
>>
>>42666360
Undergrad in CS, lazy af, never going to lectures and still doing better than many.
>>
File: 1468843100460.jpg (127KB, 589x960px) Image search: [Google]
1468843100460.jpg
127KB, 589x960px
>>42669167
I don't love accounting. Tax doesn't bother me but balance sheets and income statements, meh.

Also tax attorneys make a killing $$$. When a tax matter gets too complicated for a CPA he calls a tax JD.
>>
>>42669171
Haha I appreciate your mission. Yeah the shittiness of premeds made me really doubt whether I should enter this field, thank god they don't accept anyone who comes across like "cries at getting an 8/10 on a weekly quiz."

I mean you can bullshit your way through a DO interview but you can't a midlevel MD and up in my opinion. They recruit assholes from the hospital to be rude or invasive and put interviewees on their heels and see how they react. They'll give you bullshit tasks and see how you do them with a sense of humor. It's a sound process.

And once you're here it's a whole different ballgame. Like imagine those girls crying at an 8/10 (who I fucking hated dealing with and practically turned me into a recluse from pre-medicine clubs and volunteering in my premed years), and imagine the type of dr you'd want to have. Huge contrast.
>>
>>42668246
he was making sure his mom didnt get killed
>>
>>42666360
Dental school is the better deal these days. No residency, straight to making 300k. It's way more expensive though, like 75k a year tuition, while med is 55k.
>>
>>42669187
It's "competency based assessment" my brother.
>>
>>42669246
dentists making 300K cracks me up. Try barely scraping 110 after a couple decades.

It is really easy work though.
>>
>>42669211
Yeah if I had more time/opportunity I would have considered law school. I do know a family friend who is a dual CPA/estate planning lawyer and apparently he makes a killing and doesn't really do much although hes getting close to retirement.
>>
>>42669266
Where the hell are they only making that much? With their own practice? You can drill teeth for one of those big shit dentist companies and they'll pay you big. They are shady though.
>>
>>42666360
I'm exercise science and pre-med. Just started my junior year. Hoping for orthopedic surgery in sports medicine. Or I'll just do urology because of my last name. Currently work at our medical school's heart institute in metabolism and endocrinology.
>>
>>42669211
CPA here

Personally taxes are lame as fuck. Busy a few months a year doing mind numbing fill-in-the-blanks bs returns.

I do regulatory reporting. But that is nothing but BS & Income statements....well 400+ pages of support for them, but same idea.
>>
>>42669290
What like in mexico? I'm talking USD here.
>>
>>42669235
I'm actually geochem so I had to deal with mostly premeds in chemistry, some were cool but the majority were awful.
I always assumed that the 4.0 students weren't going to make it because their study habits, while lengthy and dedicated they were not good.
I remember a couple premed students asking how long I studied for an organic chemistry exam, when I said 3 hours their jaws dropped.
"How do you remember every mechanism and reaction in only 3 hours!?".
They were memorizing every single fucking step in every reaction mechanism, instead of learning what made reactants react they just remembered it.
Took them 20+ hours to study for a single exam because they had no idea what understanding material was.
A girl was crying about a B+ on an exam and the prof replied "good, maybe if you fail a class in undergrad you won't kill yourself when you realize you can't be perfect in medschool".

A couple guys were chill and would study the right material and wouldn't have their ego shattered by a B+, I'm assuming they'll make it because a doctor isn't supposed to be that high strung.
>>
>>42669294
>Or I'll just do urology because of my last name
please tell me it is Johnson.
>>
>>42669324
Geochem. That's a field for actually intelligent people if I ever heard of one.

There's all kinds of doctors but the best ones work well on a team, are wrong ALL the time and fix themselves rather than tripping on ego (which kills pts all the time), and understand the value of competency over "authority."

Good docs are nonjudgmental and laid back. They take time and listen to people and don't judge. Pt tells you 80% of what you need to know when they first meet you.

A lot of the stick-up-ass premeds from my school went to first-year DO schools and I weep for their future patients. But they're gonna be doctors too so it's hard to talk about doctors like they're some kind of homogenous groups. When looking for a doc for yourself or someone you care about look for someone who went to a top residency. and don't go to anyone with a DO after their name unless they went to a legit residency, you can look up rank lists for specialty online.
>>
>>42669325
I know a guy that went to a urologist named Dicktapper just because of his last name (I don't know how it's spelled but that's its pronunciation) even though there was another a lot closer. Unsurprisingly, he was the most successful urologist in the state.
>>
>>42669364
Some premed students I know are intelligent but fucked up their freshman year so they are going DO, hope it works out for them.
Locally there's a surgeon who doesn't work with others and her kill rate is high even on normal operations, I've heard countless stories of her killing people for routine surgeries that no one ever dies from.
She is a lesbian/muslim/woman/autist so she is impervious to anything however.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic about geochem or not but I do really like the people in it, it filters out the chemists who can't think conceptually and the geologists who can't do math or hard science.
>>
>>42666360

I got a computer science degree and have a few years working as a software engineer in SF/Bay Area and Seattle. I make ~140K annual total comp and have standard 8 hour schedule and good work life balance.

My friend in medical school is on his 3rd year and stressing the fuck out because its hard as shit but I respect that. He'll make a lot more money than me when he is officially a doctor but the years of extra schooling plus residency is all >7 years of stress, loss of potential income, and heavy debt. I'd estimate that I'd be over a million dollars ahead of him before he actually gets a real salary.

The only thing I dislike about the software industry is that managers will try and take advantage of you if you let them so you need to put your foot down. Also, theres a lot of pajeets but they tend to stick to themselves and dont give a shit about you. I like my job but its mainly to make money so I can focus on other areas of my life that I enjoy.

Good luck still in school fags.
>>
>>42669416
Nah i'm being serious. Good work on getting into a good specialized field.

If they're solid they'll go somewhere nice for rez
>>
Industrial engineer, work for the government. Graduated 2 years ago. It's alright but I wish I had studied something else
>>
Studying for nursing. Currently doing security work for a hotel to pay bills.
>>
>>42669464

Maybe dont work for the government. They're slow and outdated as shit on their practices. Ive seen lots of engineers make career switches but its been mostly to software which is my field.
>>
>>42666360
Microbiology major
Pre-pharmacy right now

Not 100% sure if I want to become a pharmacist or go to graduate school and specialize in medical microbiology and virology
>>
File: 1390207558735.jpg (205KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1390207558735.jpg
205KB, 1280x960px
>>42669309
Not doing taxes, as in returns, but like tax planning how to nest away savings for retirements and tuck it away in retirement vehicles to minimize taxes...shit like that interests me.

What do you think about going to law school for estate planning?

I did some AR/AP work (super basic acct. stuff I know) but cannot see myself staring at spreadsheets in a cubicle for 10 years. I'd much rather help rich folks hide their assets as best as possible.
>>
>>42669416
Can you still get into an md if you fucked up freshman year but got straight As after that?
>>
>>42666360
Lol i fucked around in college, skipping class to lift, fucked girls, fucked my frat brothers' girlfriends, fucked dudes wives, graduated with barley a 2.0

Now I make 70k in a cushy business job live alone and continue to do all of the above

And I'm bigger and more aesthetic than you faggots lol try hards
>>
>>42669324
LOL you sound pretentious as fuck

Im a geophysicist. Calm down youre not that important LOL
>>
>>42669481
Yeah they are, they just started doing shit now that Toyota was doing in the 70s and the rest of America was doing in the 90s. I partially took it because you can get student loan forgiveness working for the government and I've got like 100k in loans but I dunno if it's worth it
>>
>>42669503
Different strokes for different blokes. Like a skilled hooker, we've all gotta do what makes us most satisfied.
>>
>>42669494
who is this

looks just like my ex

now im sad
>>
Maths teacher at private school (sixth form) in the UK

>£30,000 a year
>School gym is amazing and free
>8 week summer holiday, 3 weeks at christmas, 3 weeks at easter, 3 more 1 week half term breaks

so I only actually work 32 weeks a year

pretty natty job

plus around exam time I bump up my earnings with tutoring work

head of department earns like £80,000, and my kids if I have any get reduced fees, basically life on easy mode
>>
>>42668985
MY man!
>>
>>42666360

Masters in economics

Run a hedge fund, you see me on bloomberg and at Ira Sohn.
>>
>>42669494
>What do you think about going to law school for estate planning?
CPA & law is going to do well regardless. Taxes, estates, business structures, buyouts, IPOs, mergers, financial contracts. Tons of shit

Depends a lot on what you want to do though. If I were going back it would be actuary.
>>
>>42669499
One of them fucked up but did what you're saying and is getting in, he just explained to them he academically matured and he scored well enough on the MCAT.

>>42669504
I'm pretty important physcuck.
>>
I'm a teacher. It's okay.
>>
>>42669503
This STEM nerds always think its about grads, letters of rec and suck your profs dick for the recognition. Im about to finish undergrad and this shit is a cesspool of unaware and socially inept fucks.

When will you all realize that actually KNOWING people and CONNECTIONS is what makes shit happens

This anon is doing it right
>>
>>42669515

Doesnt that require 25 years working a gov job? I have friends who are high school teachers who decided to work in ghetto schools to get that loan forgiveness buts thats 25 years bro and you still have to pay interest on that 25 years. I dont know how much you're making but paying 100K if you live frugally should be doable in a lot less than 25 years.
>>
>>42669542
How bad did he fuck up?
>>
File: 1372795375962.jpg (100KB, 1000x713px) Image search: [Google]
1372795375962.jpg
100KB, 1000x713px
>>42669536
>If I were going back it would be actuary.
All that math....fuck that noise
>>
>>42669542
NO i got out of the STEM and the meme degree and reading papers all fucking day and having to agree with your advisers. Got my degree and went else where. Graduate school is cuck especially working as a geochem. How's that lab treating you? No one gives a shit about your fancy rocks or your shit research.

Became a cop, saw they had a science degree, got a cushy job. LOL cuck
>>
File: IMG_0528.png (160KB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0528.png
160KB, 320x272px
>>42666360
Thinking about finance
High pay, easy to network, and a great head start in becoming an entrepreneur
>>
Theatre degree. I genuinely cared once. I ended up focusing on light design and sound design.
Then it slowly dawns on me that I failed to develop the slightest lighting portfolio, so I may as well be untouchable now that I am a continent away from what few personal connections I could professionally leverage to work on a show.
Then it dawns on me that those skills are absolutely irrelevant, and don't translate at all to media production.
Age-old lesson learned the hard way. Do a major that you can leverage a job with, then follow some passion or interest after that.

Lifting helps. Lights and speakers don't carry themselves. Depending on the building, there's always some metal beam that you may as well use for pull-ups while you're in the catwalks.
>>
>>42669553
This.
I graduated with an engineering degree and a good gpa, but I cant even find a job as a dishwasher let alone something in my field of study. I wish I spent more time networking. Im seriously considering selling all my shit and joining the army.
>>
>>42669573
Better to ask the med people in here or better yet your advisor, tell the advisor you want it straight.
He got a couple B's and one C, he redid the C class and then got on the ball and got almost all A's for the rest of his undergrad and did plenty of research.

>>42669579
Seems like you got cucked because you didn't like being in a lab and reading papers.
>not fancy minerals
>caring about others opinions so much
On a real note I have a 7 hour lab this semester and a hour beforehand my 3 hour lab ends, it's actually pretty comfy.
>>
>>42669553
Meh, I am pretty much autistic and work for a household name in technology while routinely getting scouted by jobs most folks would consider reasonably high profile.

It helps if you are actually worth a damn at something worth doing.
>>
IT Project Manager here, specialize in customer implementations. Got laid off recently and am having more trouble with job applications than expected because I only have 2 years experience and most comparable jobs are requiring 3-5.
>at least I don't need a masters to get a PMP and move to a significantly higher salary
>got to fuck foreign girls on company paid business trips

Overall not a bad career, but can be pretty stressful
>>
>>42669588
>Thinking about finance
Hopefully you go to a Really good school, or a really big state school with a giant alumni recruiting pool.
>>
File: 1502037005473.jpg (67KB, 750x714px) Image search: [Google]
1502037005473.jpg
67KB, 750x714px
>>42666360
Broscience, PhD.
>>
File: PatBateman.jpg (61KB, 355x400px) Image search: [Google]
PatBateman.jpg
61KB, 355x400px
>>42669588
This is my dream too anon, I've always wanted to do investment banking. I'm double majoring in business and math hoping to work on wall street. Going to top 20, hoping to transfer to ivy for undergrad to live the bateman life. If I don't get any offers for IB though in senior year, I'll have to go to law school and do biglaw, and if I do get an offer at a bank, I'll just differ from LS. But finance is truly the most patrician career anon
>>
>>42669579
this is the way to do it
>>
>>42669647
I do
My school even has one of those trading floors with all the stocks flying by and stuff
> I'm a freshman don't judge
>>
>>42669653
Ivy schools are really expensive man
I could get it but idk
>>
>>42669533
Do you need any interns?
>>
PhD student in a mediocre materials science program at a mediocre school. I'm honestly not sure why I thought this would be better than getting a job. I'm only limiting my options here, but the research is interesting I guess.
>>
>>42669617
>Calls me a cuck
>"I have a 7 hour lab and an hour before my 3 hour lab ends"
>Still needs to take tests
>Still needs to study
>Still needs to check with advisers
>Still needs to make deadlines
>Still wants to aspire to be a MD after all this is over

Im the cuck? Yeah, you got me, Im the cuck.
>>
>>42669672
You should go for it, they give pretty big scholarhsips. I applied in HS, but got rejected despite having near perfect SATs and all A's, so it's very competitive. However, just like with /fit/ness, we can make gains, my softs and recs were weak, so this time around I'm planning on sucking more professor cock and starting a shitty business of my own as a resume builder and money maker. From what the guys on WSO say, ivy undergrad is not absolutely necessary but helps. I'd say go for it, but you can make it from a public too. We're all gonna make it brah.
>>
>>42669672
ivy league schools are not expensive compared to other private schools
>>
File: Wagie.jpg (67KB, 1152x720px) Image search: [Google]
Wagie.jpg
67KB, 1152x720px
Graduated a few months ago with an information systems degree, been looking for a job since January. I've applied to 230 plus places and have done 7 in person interviews and I get told the same thing at every place "were looking for someone with more experience". I applied for 100 plus places for internships while in school and out of the two interviews for those didn't get either. I'm not even autistic or anything just no one is willing to give me a shot. Currently wagecucking in a grocery store a 1-2 days a week and doing random odd jobs in the trades. Fuck me I thought a degree and work ethic would be my ticket out of having to be a tradie or wage cuck loser.
>>
>>42669771
Write some serious cover letters.
Challenge people in interviews with what you do know, and that you have enough experience.

First of all, don't just apply and just patiently wait for an interview. Remind them who you are, and that you're here for a job.

Granted, I hate writing cover letter too.
And more than half the time, people probably recognize them as the empty formality that they usually are.
>>
File: 1496358111146.jpg (36KB, 525x255px) Image search: [Google]
1496358111146.jpg
36KB, 525x255px
>>42666360
Gather round travelers, and hear my sad story.
>be me
>homeschooled until 18
>no connections
>no friends
>haha anon, you're 18 now, time to think about college ;)))
>no college fund
>no desire to take out a student loan

What in gods name can I possibly do to unfuck myself.
>>
>>42669771
remember to put invisible keywords in your Resume if you're sending them digitally, once I put an invisible 'Harvard' on my Resume the responses started coming in quicker.

Chances are at most big companies a human doesn't even read these anymore, just uses a computer to scan them

>tfw the machines are taking over
>>
>>42669837
What skills/interests do you have?
>>
File: 1503380318345.jpg (262KB, 561x562px) Image search: [Google]
1503380318345.jpg
262KB, 561x562px
>>42669837
American? Join the military, learn a job/skill, begin to grow a personality, work on college (gen eds.) while on active duty, use GI Bill to finish your BA and go from there...
>>
>>42669837
Apply for fafsa
>>
>>42669878
>only option for a non-college grad in America is to become an expendable meat slab
>>
>>42669809
I've tried everything, I don't just apply and wait I contact recruiters on linkedin or the people associated with the posting, I've reached out to family and parents friends, I've networked and had friends from school pass on my resume to managers, I've tweaked my resume like 30 times and I've basically come to the conclusion unless I get extremely lucky or run into someone who has a serious pull in a company that will vouche for me I'm not getting anything IT related without experience.
>>42669856
Good idea anon, how did you sneak in the word harvard on your resume?
>>
>>42666360
Degree in religious studies, now a pilot in the Air Force.
Don't worry kids, it doesn't matter what your degree is in.
>>
>>42666581
How do you get shadowing opportunities? Do you just cold call the places?
>>
>>42669888
Yup
Welcome to a world super power
>>
>>42669881

Literally the opposite of the right advice. Do not drown yourself in debt. Get a job, go to an affordable school, get degree, get better job, rinse, repeat if necessary.

Inb4 "you can't"
I did. I have zero debt.
I worked every other semester full time.
>>
File: 1501989803941.jpg (34KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1501989803941.jpg
34KB, 640x640px
>>42669888
>The only job the military offers is infantry

You are either an edgy child, or braindead stupid.
>>
I don't know what I want to do. I do know that I need $70 a day. How can I make $70 a day guys?
>>
>>42669922
>Don't worry kids, it doesn't matter what your degree is in.
Thanks, dad.

>military job that focuses on physical condition of the candidates
>>
>>42669975
Suck 70dicks for 1dollar each?
>>
Physics and mathematics. I want to be a theoretical physicist working in academia. Btw OP you are retarded to think anyone in the medical field is a chad. All the chads are in business.
>>
>>42669707
Youre a cuck until you literally have an MD. That's how medicine works.
>>
>>42669922
What motivated you to take the job? I'm thinking about doing this as an engineering grad who has been unemployed for three years, but I'm not really interested in aerospace science. It just sounds cool.
>>
>>42669553
I want to be successful but every attempt at being a normal person just doesn't work. I don't like being around people for longer than I need do. Any advice?
>>
>>42669591
Not really man, the only people who get jobs are the people who are interested in material - which is maybe 5% of people in a STEM class.
>>
>>42669503
what do you do?
>>
Currently a first year podiatry student (DPM), have my BS in biochem, and an MS in biomedicine. Got accepted to a DO school, but went for DPM instead because it seems to be the least cucked doctor degree out there. You get to specialize in whatever you want, the residency is surgically based, the salary is 200K+ on average, and growth looks extremely high in the next few years.
>>
File: 1373072464437.jpg (76KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1373072464437.jpg
76KB, 960x720px
>>42670250
foot fetish?
>>
>>42669878
This is actually really good advice. It's a great way to get paid, get job experience, and got to college. Once you get military service on your resume, jobs want to hire you too.
>>
>>42670281
haha it's funny how often i get asked that. i just say "i love how they taste" and that usually gets a good reaction.
>>
>>42670250
yeah but ur a footboi
>>
>Senior in college
>Applied to medical school, two interview invites so far
>Just fucking around taking joke classes along with my final class for my Biochemistry major
>Lifting
>About to hit a cycle in the spring and go hard as fuck one final time in college
Can't really complain. Major qt3.14 in one of my classes that I'm going to try and move in on.
>>
>>42670321
footboi with a Doctorate in his title, and a footboi who will start at $150K minimum with full benefits. I'm not losing any sleep
>>
File: 1373850721579.gif (825KB, 400x222px) Image search: [Google]
1373850721579.gif
825KB, 400x222px
>>42670341
you do you Dr. footboi
>>
>>42670340
How about you don't do that cycle?
>>
>every single person on /fit/ is either in medical school, engineering, computer science, or a rich investment baker

amazing really
>>
>>42670398
Too late, did one last year. Was just some Test-E and bloods all came back fine. The gains and feeling of being alpha are too addicting.
>>
>>42670415
For what it's worth, we are on 4chan, a hub of nerds. It isn't completely unlikely that everyone is on the smarter end.
>>
>>42670415
And everyone is either 5'6 or 6'3
>>
I'm average in every respect and the only thing I have going for me is that I've lost 100 pounds. I'm in the process if continuing and getting to 170 I'm 5'11 I just don't know where to start. I know I want to help people and work in medicine but I'm stumped.
>>
>>42670415
There are many people here. Only the more successful ones post on this thread, NEETs tend to stay quiet.
>>
>>42667364
Enjoy being unemployed in 10 years
>>
>>42669195
Doing better then many, but you are not doing very good, or the best you could do.

I know this because i am in the exact same position
>>
Phd in chemistry, work making semi-conductors. Make great money but really wish I didn't have 72 hour on call periods though, makes it really hard to lift or eat right by the 2nd/3rd day.
>>
>>42667148

ill pipe' your mother nigger
>>
>>42670425
I'm 5'11

But i live in the land of manlets.

>>42670480
Obviously this.
>>
>>42670340
>Chem E degree
>Had school work coming out of my ass for four years
>Also went to an average state school, so I had to put up with people that fucked around constantly
>Didn't do enough ECs to make myself stand out
>End up getting waitlisted to two schools
>Now stuck taking a gap year
I fucked up. Adcoms don't care about your undergraduate degree at all. I should have gone with a biology degree. My friend did that and breezed through it with like a 3.97 gpa and went on to dental school for that comfy 4 day work week. All the Bioengineering premeds I knew ended up taking gap years as well.
>>
>>42670598
kys
>>
>>42670644
>chemical engineering to medical school
>literally upset about having to wait one year to go to medical school

how are literally the smartest people in the world on this board
>>
File: 1200bench.jpg (91KB, 1216x474px) Image search: [Google]
1200bench.jpg
91KB, 1216x474px
>>42670485
Unemployed with a mechanical engineering degree?

uwutm8
>>
>>42670415
>what is bragging
>>
File: 1415443490198.jpg (294KB, 800x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1415443490198.jpg
294KB, 800x1236px
>>42666360

Majored in Electrical Engineering, then went to law school. Patent attorney now.

t. oldfag
>>
>>42670725
>what is flat out lying
>>
>>42670465
Any one?
>>
File: 1501231833146.jpg (66KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1501231833146.jpg
66KB, 640x640px
>>42670744
Y-you think someone would actually do that? Go on the internet and tell lies?
>>
Mining Engineering. I learn how to blow shit up and play with gigantic trucks, plus there are a lot fewer Asians fucking up the grade curve and a lot more bros and rednecks
>>
>>42667364
Oil is shit. Go Mining

Also Mech E + Geology is kind of a useless combination. They're both used in Mining, but not together
>>
Planning on going to medical school and becoming a Psychiatrist, any tips?
>>
>>42670770

Do any schools other than Michigan Tech and Colorado School of Mines offer this degree?
>>
File: 1432099532020.jpg (28KB, 680x583px) Image search: [Google]
1432099532020.jpg
28KB, 680x583px
>>42670784
JUST FUCKING STUDY HOLY SHIT YOU FUCKING DIRT BAG
>>
>>42667108
>>42669533
About to finish undergrad in eco finance in like a semester. But I fucked my 3rd year on exchange, failed a few subjects stopped networking and got no interns, so decent grad positions in finance are looking unlikely. Now seriously considering doing a Masters in econometrics or stats; is this a meme one can you actually get buy side gigs without coming from IB?
>>
File: pacific[1].jpg (120KB, 958x960px) Image search: [Google]
pacific[1].jpg
120KB, 958x960px
>>42669713
god damn I fucking feel you so much bro also wanted to go into finance

I got into two ivies last year but my parents moved us to the south pacific and the school I go to is community-college tier. I feel like years of my adolescence have been stolen from me. Those countless hours I spent on the grind go to waste cause the uni I go to now had a 1400 SAT entry requirement.

Feels fucking horrid man.
>>
>>42666581
I have prostatitis homie, what should I do? I took a fluoroquinolone and it only provided temporary relief
>>
>>42670893

Mirin the Browning Hi-Power
>>
>>42670893
wtf bro fuck your parents, apply for transfer and scholarships u deserve better homie
>>
>>42670893
wait 1400 out of 2400?
>>
File: 1502739693006.gif (2MB, 350x240px) Image search: [Google]
1502739693006.gif
2MB, 350x240px
Mechatronics Engineering major here. No idea what the fuck I'm going to do, but I'm already half way, and financial aid is paying nice.
>>
>>42670893
were you parents actually gonna pay for the ivy league education though? shits expensive like 200k for undergrad expensive, so unless you are so GODDAMN SMART that you got full rides ton those ivy league schools STOP YOUR BITCHING
>>
>>42670924
yeah 1400 out of 2400. Who /2300/ here?
>>42670911
I'm with you there. I'm getting out of here the day my current semester ends. I've got a few months rent saved up and I think I can get my old job back in the states. We're all gonna fucking make it
>>
>>42670662
4chan attracts a pretty diverse range of people. How are they on /fit/ specifically? No clue. I enjoy the banter around here though.

>>42670784
Don't come off as hell bent on going into psychology. Schools want you to keep an open mind because a lot of students find out what they want to do like 3rd year of med school.

Also do clubs and shit. Nothing that looks autistic like anime club though. Try to do something that shows leadership like TA or tutor. Do some community volunteering that makes you look like a saint. Get a lot of medical experience by shadowing and volunteering in a hospital (separate from community volunteering). Also do research and make friends with professors for LoRs. Do all that and you'll have schools wanting to suck you dry.
>>
>>42666360
Computer animation, modeling. I started at a game studio, but now I'm working on animated tv shows.
>>
>>42670943
Ivies don't give merit scholarships faggot it's all based on whether or not you're rivch
>>
File: 1365384710677.gif (490KB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
1365384710677.gif
490KB, 500x263px
>>42670893
>I got into two ivies
So you were accepted to Ivy league schools, and instead of going to one of them. You decide to follow mommy and daddy on their around the world mid life crisis??

Grow a pair faggot. Take out student loans for school and dorm. A finance degree from an Ivy will definitely pay off in the end.

Golden opportunity you threw away, yea Imad. Fuck you.
>>
>>42670957
so you proved my point completely? he was never going to no ivy league school and is just feeling sorry for himself for no reason, hard work doesn't pay off when will they learn?
>>
Any doctors or med students know anything about PAs? Chick I know is doing it are they just the doctors bitch or is it a good job?
>>
Undergrad: Kinesiology
Right now: DPT

Just started my 2nd year
>>
>>42670973
its a good job no liability easier to get into and less time to complete only thing is its not free, cost you around 120k in debt for the two years in school
>>
>>42670986
Sounds right on par with what Ive been told, fuck dealing with sick people and blood though. Appreciate the info
>>
>>42669922
what do you drive?
>>
>>42671005
you may like anesthesiologists assistant then no blood higher pay if you like just wanna chill and put people to sleep
>>
>>42669437
Hey, I'm a college senior looking for a full-time software engineering job right now. I'd love to get in contact with you.

[email protected]
>>
>>42670973
They're basically doctors with less training. By law, they work under a doctor, but they do most of their work independently. It's not a bad gig. The end result is basically half the schooling and training for half the pay (you can still clear six figures though). Also, there's less responsibility on the PA's end and a lot more career options. For example, a primary care PA can get a job as a surgery PA. To contrast, once a doctor selects their career, they're stuck.

It's also good for a women that plans on having a normal family life since there's less time required.
>>
>>42671020
>>42671041
Appreciate it guys sounds like everything shes told me I just never looked into it much. Ill stick to fintech, but maybe look for a girlfrind whos a PA it sounds like a good gig.
>>
>>42666360
I just got my associates in computer science but I honestly am not sure why I've gotten to this point.
I don't like it, I don't think I am honestly smart enough for it. I am about to start applying to jobs but I don't think it will be tech related. any thoughts Anons.
>>
I'm an agriculture major, ready for years of hot, shitty labor
>>
>phd in applied math
>don't have to be fit at all
>intelligent women are made more wet by a man discussing math than anything else in the world
>300k starting
>>
File: 1411597437280.jpg (8KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1411597437280.jpg
8KB, 256x256px
>>42671084
tfw everyone on the chin is a Asteroid Analyst with a starting salary of 1 million
>>
>>42671101
wendy's seems to have a pretty good corporate ladder if you're a channer
>>
>>42671106
This. I made sous chef within a month.
>>
File: Spurdo.png (3KB, 448x357px) Image search: [Google]
Spurdo.png
3KB, 448x357px
Is economics a meme? give it to me straight, boys.
>>
I would like all the rich people to post their car keys with time stamps. Surely all you people making 70 -100k+ a year drive really nice cars right?
>>
>>42671181
economics is a meme
>>
Massage therapy. Not a bad living, make about $25k a year and don't have to sit all day or do a ton of strenuous lifting. Also work in a field that promotes healthy living which keeps me living healthy.
>>
>>42669837
Military
>>
>>42670888
you are literally me, seriously considering doing a master of econometrics to get into banking/quantitative stuff

What uni/country are you?
>>
>>42671181
pretty useless on its own, combine it with stats/econometrics or finance and you'll be golden
>>
>>42670740
>Majored in Electrical Engineering, then went to law school. Patent attorney now.
hows that workin out for you? im mech with masters, considering that
>>
>>42671227
That's cool dude. It's my plan B if cheminformatics won't work out.
>>
2 year undergrad, beginning MD next year (undergrad pathway into MD). Any tips from my fellow MDs?
>>
I am in my first year of university CS and ELEC engineering, you choose one on second year, everyone has the same shit on first one.

Whats the best module/branch in computer science?

I love computers more than electricity, circuits and stufff, but sheer thought of having to "code something" for next 20 years makes we want to bite a cyanide pill.

Is there any good paying sector in CS which isnt "le meme coder"
>>
File: 1278900083431.png (13KB, 444x346px) Image search: [Google]
1278900083431.png
13KB, 444x346px
Anyone know how to get a career into the I.T networking/security field. Im sick of my medical path and am switching plans for next semester.
>>
I just started my first real job using my chemistry bs. It seems like I'm just going to be completing tasks. I hope so. I keep waiting for another shoe to drop and for someone to start screaming at me like my previous hourly jobs. I'm not very knowledgeable about chemistry, but it doesn't seem to be a huge problem yet.
>>
Econ major, premed. Did literally zero extracurriculars freshman year so I'm trying to get my shit together in my second year. Research/volunteering/tennis club but I can't get started goddammit
>>
Where are my Industrial design bros at?
>>
>>42672643
Cisco certification
>>
about to start my architectural engineering bachelor next week, any architects in here who can tell me whether the the actual job is like it's made out 2 be?
>>
File: fang.jpg (156KB, 430x720px) Image search: [Google]
fang.jpg
156KB, 430x720px
In college now, computer engineering
>>
File: sorcererpic.jpg (186KB, 1500x938px) Image search: [Google]
sorcererpic.jpg
186KB, 1500x938px
>>42673229
In college of Winterhold now, studying 6th level hexes to protect my virginity
>>
>>42673262
>BEGONE THOT
>>
>studied history at university
>had shitty internship at opthalmic lens company where I cold called and questioned literally every single registered optician in the UK and Northern Ireland
>worked 30th Dec helping sort out filing at Tesco head office
>went back and worked NYE too
>working on NYE made them like me and they offered me a 3 month paid job to help sort out floor planning for all their large stores
>do well from that and get kept on
>work in merchandising but fucking hate it
>be stuck in this suicidal hell for a year and a half, but use every opportunity to familiarise myself with sql and reporting and shit
>become the team's data guy
>somehow luck into a testing job in central London for decent pay
>love it, been there 3 years now and recently got promoted
>earning literally double what I earnt at Tesco

Feels good man. Remember to make the most out of every employment opportunity; even if you hate it, it will help you get that job you actually want.
>>
Second year of aerospace engineering bachelor's. I'm in AFROTC, hoping to get to be a pilot.
>>
File: University-of-Wisconsin.jpg (67KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
University-of-Wisconsin.jpg
67KB, 300x350px
I'm about to start my second year. I'm considering declaring my major as psychology and doing something in the field, but I feel kind of uneasy about it. I love psych, but I wrote for both school papers last year and have always been a damned good writer, I'm thinking that maybe I'm throwing away my talents if I don't go into journalism. Having less time to make major decisions in my life doesn't feel good.
>>
>>42672643
Get the CCNA and CCNA Secury certs and you'll be a fellow professional plug-shit-in monkey in no time.
>>
>>42673262
>Winterhold
Brainlet
>>
Finna be a machine operator. College is just a series of hoops that needn't be jumped through.
>>
Just landed big boy job with 45k starting salary and commission w/ benefits. It's pretty cushy but it's not behind a desk so it's exciting, tech and internet related too, so they want young blood.

I did some adult work in the past and a Hollywood talent acquisition firm caught wind and liked my "look". I have 2-3 gigs lined with premier directors of photography, and some voice acting work. Could be fun side money. Lifting pays off.
>>
>>42669524

Is it stressful as fuck though? You constantly see people training to be teachers saying how bad it is
>>
>>42669553
this is honestly true. In undergrad biochem, all I did was study and thought good grades were good enough. The truth is, if you're not networking with other students, profs, and companies, you're not going to make it. Being a shut-in was the biggest mistake I've ever made when it comes to school. Now I'm in a graduate program and will not make the same mistakes from undergrad
>>
>>42669771
>your resume might be shit
>you might have a pajeet-tier weirdo name that people discriminate against
>your cover letter might be shit (not specific enough or tailored to the company you're applying to at all)
>you might be too truthfull on your resume (learn to exaggerator your roles or make up positions in student clubs relevant to your field)
>>
>>42666360
I'm going to law school after finishing my bachelps degree...in english. Thankfully though I can jew the government and only have to pay for 3 of my 7 years two of which are at a community college which I already have the money form
>>
>>42670893
you had an opportunity and didn't take it. How is that your parent's fault?
>>
>>42669614
Kek. I was the same as you. Degree in PNGE with a few options that all fell through. Ended up in a much better place than a lot of my friends who had jobs before graduation. Keep at it and it'll work out.
>>
>>42666360
Got a BSc in Physics and became an engineering officer for the Royal Navy
>>
File: 1498959516949.jpg (325KB, 1383x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1498959516949.jpg
325KB, 1383x1600px
>being going to local community college 2 years
>still don't know what I want to do with my life
pls help
>>
Doing my bachelor's in Cyber Security, good pay, good job opportunities, half the people in my course will die out from cardiovascular related problems within 4 years of graduation, so less competition I guess
>>
>>42670740
Someone told me that you need an undergrad in STEM in order to do patent law. Is this true?
>>
>>42670856
Off the top of my head: CSM, Michigan Tech, Montana Tech, Arizona, Nevada-Reno, Utah, Southern Illinois, Alaska-Fairbanks, West Virginia, Virginia Tech, Penn State, Kentucky, Missouri S&T
>>
>>42666360

MD in 1 year, considering 99% of male doctors are aesthetically-feculant looking forward to making girls swoon when I drop the title
>>
>>42666360
>>42675641

Also OP, telling people you are hopefully going in to med school when you are just another faggoty premed is kek
>>
File: 1420166318282.jpg (38KB, 706x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420166318282.jpg
38KB, 706x720px
Do you guys even love your job or are you just doing it for the money/just to get by?
>>
>>42669959
you're a moron, fafsa is financial aid... no strings attached... free money...
>you wagecucked your retarded self through school LMAO
>>
Molecular biologist. One project I'm working on is a novel pathway for endogenous UCP1 upregulation in adipocytes, so that we can finally destroy the fatties forever
>>
>>42675589
Doubt it's required, probably makes it way easier to get in or get hired. Industrial companies also love engineers, so going into administration or law with a STEM degree is a huge boon. Sec of State Rex Tillerson for example has a degree in civil eng and was CEO of Exxon.
>>
File: William Stoner.jpg (11KB, 200x391px) Image search: [Google]
William Stoner.jpg
11KB, 200x391px
>>42666360
Neuroscience PhD student. Not really a lot to say but if anyone has any questions about postgrad ask away
>>
>>42677573
isnt neuroscience a meme degree? whats your BS in? probably not even STEM lmao
>>
>>42677702
That's psychology you moron. My BSc was in Biological and Medical Science and I did a MRes in Neuro.
It 100% is STEM
>>
>>42672192
Always good to have a trade under your belt in case one thing doesn't work out.
>>
>>42677748
>Biological and Medical Science
> MRes in Neuro

more meme degrees gotdchu breh. Whatd you work as?
>>
>>42677785
As I said in my original post I'm a neuroscientist PhD student. I don't have time for part-time work and I earn a salary as part of my degree. I'm assuming you're asking me what my field is though? If that's your question I work in Alzheimer's research.
>>
>>42677848
>Alzheimer's research
for who? the school, the government, is your phd being paid by a company? and isnt Alzheimer's research is usually reserved for neurologists
>>
>>42671041
So if I wanted to be a Pa what would I need to do? I'm just doing my general studies right now.
>>
I just got into law school. The dream is to start a law firm one day finance related as that is my biggest interest. For now I just keep lifting as uni and gym is the only thing I care about throughout the week
>>
>>42670893
Bateman fan here, I think the advice other anons gave about loans is good, but try to establish a credit history to get them, and or work. Also, you can always try and transfer, your scores are still good, just keep your grades up like in HS. And if you're truly fucked, there's always grad school.
>>
I'm working on being a character/concept artist for games/film. I'm away from university for a year but I'm applying to some internships in December, working on my portfolio in the meantime.
>>
>>42669553
nepotism is the only way to become succesful.
>>
>>42677893
It's a grant provided by a private institute in Japan. As such I will move out there for two years as part of it.
Neurology is a branch of medicine, not research. While I'm well aware that medical doctors do contribute to research, researchers tend to do the bulk of the work with medical doctors providing clinical insight. I'm in regular communication with doctors and medical students and their knowledge of cell biology is nowhere near the depth of your standard biologist. Before we can treat Alzheimer's we have to understand the cellular processes that cause it (an area that is pretty blurred considering the high incidence of AD and other neurodegenerative diseases in the developed world).
If I was to put the timeline into order it would be something like this:
Stage 1. Neuroscientists develop an understanding of the cellular processes that cause Alzheimer's patholgy
Stage 2. Neuroscientists identify possible therapeutic targets
Stage 3. Pharmacologists develop drugs to work on these targets
Stage 4. Should pre-clinical trials be completed and drug receives approval then treatment can begin (this is where neurologists come in)
>>
I am a law student, going into my second year. I finished my summer at a mid sized firm and they hired me back for at least my articles. I want to do tax stuff and one of the tax lawyer took a shining to me which is good. Only downside is that I will not be making big law gorillian dollars for the foreseeable future (2 years minimum at mid sized firm)

>>42668752 Tax lawyer hinted that writing FRM would be good idea.I am debating about doing that or CFA. Thoughts?
>>
>>42678073
Especially blurred since the amyloid beta fags got BTFO
>>
>>42678142
>>42678142
Haha, I'm in Tau, Oxidative stress and JNK which I think is the best route to go down. I think ABeta plays a role in their interaction and I've read some paper about ROS increasing ABeta formation and ABeta subsequently increasing JNK phosphorylation so I think it'll play a crucial role still, just less that people used to think.
>>
>>42678231
yeah i'm just poking fun at the failed anti-ABB clinical trial
>>
>>42678231
stop roleplaying
>>
>>42678369
Have you not got anything better to do with your life than try and call me out about my degree? Are you really that insecure?
>>
>>42667476
Just do well on your GRE on you are in. 3.7 and a paper is pretty much as good as it gets. You thinking about University of Washington?
>>
>>42670171
do long distance cardio
it helps the stress but more importantly it'll get you more used to doing long periods of things you hate for the sake of your future goals
>>
File: burger child.jpg (158KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
burger child.jpg
158KB, 1024x768px
Undergrad English major right now. I like to read. I'm considering going into journalism because I've been working on the student paper, but a lot of people have told me I'd be a good teacher. I'm 90% sure my old high school would take me if I were nominally qualified (it was a private school, a clannish sort of place), but it doesn't sound like it pays very well and I'd have to spend all day interacting with people. That sounds exhausting.

As long as I can become truly /fitlit/ someday I think I'll be happy. That's the dream.
>>
>>42678452
I'm already up to 5 miles, when does it stop?
>>
File: DIQpt-9UMAAgk_X.jpg (51KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DIQpt-9UMAAgk_X.jpg
51KB, 1200x675px
>>42666360
>Business Admin B.A.
>TDEM Contractor
>Can't even go to work because half the city is underwater.
>>
>>42670415
Makes me feel like shit when I realize how low down in the totem pole of life I actually am
>>
File: 1503607414539.png (281KB, 371x532px) Image search: [Google]
1503607414539.png
281KB, 371x532px
>all these hyperspecific degrees

I have a bachelor in teaching languages and I'm working at a major bank as a bank product salesman (not the actual job title). It's my first job straight out of college so don't meme me about my €30k salary.
>>
Bros, I'm applying to med school for the second time, and on the chance I don't get in, what other fields/further education might be a match for me?
I graduated in 2016 with my BS in Bio (useless I know). 3.8 GPA. Would PA school be feasible?
>>
>>42678989
Don't feel bad. It's a lot of us in the same boat. I make 35k a year and I've been stuck around this pay since I graduated in 2016.
>>
File: 1503607837020.jpg (30KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
1503607837020.jpg
30KB, 220x165px
>>42679169
Where I live (spoiler: Belgium) it's a well paying job fresh out of college. But people in the USA seem to make so much more. It sounds like you're American, right?

The cost of living is scaled to the pay though and I currently live at home (only 21 years old), so I'm doing well for now.
>>
>>42667148
Here, take it you son of a bitch
(You)
>>
>>42672651

What is it that you do?
>>
>>42666360
MD4 applying for anesthesiology residency. Do your best to get your GPA as high as possible.
>>
>>42679023
What your MCAT? PA school needs a lot of clinical experience, so you can be a lab tech, pharma tech, nurse assistant or some other low healthcare job to gain experience.
>>
Starting my second year of chemical engineering. It's challenging but I'm enjoying it. Hopefully I get some internship/co-op experience this year since I hear that it's something employers like to see. If I can't find an engineering job after graduation and went into debt just to continue being a wagecuck, I am seriously going to consider an heroing.
>>
>>42678412
Washington is one of my top schools, and also works perfect for my gf and I to move out there. She's majoring in graphic design and wants to work in the gaming industry and Seattle is really good for that.

Do you know anything about the program?
>>
>>42666360
Just graduated and accepted my first job, electrical engineering
>67k a year
Feels weird man
>>
>>42679716
school?
>>
Currently a internal medicine resident
>Don't know fucking anything/Nothing I learnt matters
>Nothing but old people
>Non stop night shifts

Why did I apply for this shit all those years ago.
>>
>>42679720
WMU, pretty good engineering school actually.
>>
>>42679720
But honestly your school or grades doesn't matter that much. No one I interviewed with even cared. Just don't be completely autistic as an engineer and people will be tripping over themselves to hire you.
>>
LVN graduate, in school for RN
>Why did i pick nursing instead of going d-doctor mode?
i don't know.
help
>>
>>42679753
>Internal

Sorry bro
>>
I'm 25 live with my parents and am about to drop out of Comp sci major. I'm 2 years in and I've lost all motivation. Probably going to look for a warehouse job and kill myself.
>>
>>42679920
Why get a job if you gonna kill yourself.
Just go get an IT job you dildo, so easy and enough money to move out.
>>
>>42679586
Don't sweat it bro, I've got a ChemE degree, but I've been taking families sailing around Antigua instead of something proper for a couple of years.
>>
>>42679993
>but I've been taking families sailing around Antigua instead of something proper for a couple of years
>>42679993
what howd you end up with that shit
>>
>>42678132
If you want to be a tax lawyer why not get your CPA or LLM in taxation?
>>
>>42666360
Majored in education and social policy and I work as a consultant doing private equity due diligence in NYC.
>>
>>42680188
Bain?
>>
>>42667148
no
>>
>>42668752
CFP will be replaced by roboadvisors soon enough
>>
>>42680248
wut?
>>
>>42669490
As someone who works in a drugstore and eat with pharmacists 5 days a week, you don't want to be a pharmacist.
>>
>>42669515
I graduated a year ago with a bachelor's in IE and I'm starting a master's in operations research now. data analysis is where it's at m8
>>
Someone please help me. I've got a B.S. in math and a minor in physics (started off majoring in physics, then switched to math later). I graduated with a 2.5 GPA and multiple failed classes on my transcript. What half decent job can I get? I've been applying non-stop for the past year since graduation and I've barely gotten two phone interviews that ultimately went nowhere. I've been trying to focus on logisitics and operations jobs, since they seem to really like any STEM major, but obviously most STEM majors won't be looking at a job in logistics or operations, so I figured my GPA and lackluster resume wouldn't matter as much. Still no luck though.

Pls help. I'm getting ready to either kill myself or go be a mountain hermit
>>
File: 1503867342096.jpg (807KB, 944x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1503867342096.jpg
807KB, 944x1058px
>>42670893
B H P
H
P
>>
>>42680960
>protip: getting a job isn't about gpa it is about networking and experience

No hiring manager gives a shit about gpa, do you have a degree in the desired field we are seeking...yes. Great, check the box.

If you can't find a job in your chosen field, look into becoming a high school teacher. High schools always need math and science teachers.
>>
>>42670937
I was considering this. Don't know what the fuck I want to do though
>>
>>42674532
I've had my resume reviewed by recruiters, my unis career development center, professors etc it's well made but because I lack experience no one will give me a chance I also belonged to the IT club while in uni and put that on there as well as projects I have worked on in classes I was the leader of. I have a completely average white person name but because I couldn't get an internship while in school I'm basically fucked. I'm looking into doing some volunteer IT shit to get experience because I'm about burnt out on doing interviews and getting shit on because some other goof ball did a marketing internship or has an uncle at the place.
>>
>>42681229

I've definitely been trying to network; linking with everyone I can on LinkedIn, talking to lots of people at career fairs, etc. Unfortunately, there just aren't that many network connections to be made when you're not either in school or already employed.

As for being a teacher, I've looked into it, and I'd be perfectly happy doing it, but I'm worried about all the extra time and money it will take to get certified to teach. Teaching at charter schools seems like it might require slightly less certification time though, but it's also difficult to find a stable, not shady charter school that doesn't wanna charge me $10,000 for a three month training program that only passes a small percentage of the people who sign up for it.
>>
File: 1490362655194.jpg (131KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1490362655194.jpg
131KB, 640x640px
Full time game developer with a comp sci degree
I live in my parents basement to save money
>>
>>42681669
Depending on your state, look into becoming a substitute teacher. The only requirement in my state is 60 college credits, and a background check.

If you can get into a school and become a regular sub. they might be able to sponsor you for an alternate route program.

Or talk to the education department at your school and get their opinion. Like I said math teachers are always in demand.
>>
Field service tech for service rigs in the Canadian oilfield. Job requires me to do a good amount of physical work. Also the camps all have good gyms and there is as much food as I want, so I make awesome gains here.
>>
>>42670757
Tons of medical positions without needing an MD, anon. Do some research, look into some things that might interest you. Don't be lazy-- you got this! Ganbatte!
>>
>>42675589
>>42676088

STEM degree is required to become a patent attorney. Becoming a patent attorney requires a special registration from the USPTO, one of the requirements of which is a STEM degree (or a few very difficult to qualify for alternatives).

>>42671389

It's quite boring, but not hard work and the salary is good (for reference, I'm in my early thirties and make ~$175,000 after bonus)
>>
>>42680188
How'd you get your first job/how'd you get into consulting? I'm looking to do something similar, but my internships aren't that relevant and GPA is 3.5. Any thoughts?
>>
>>42682274
>It's quite boring, but not hard work and the salary is good (for reference, I'm in my early thirties and make ~$175,000 after bonus)
hod you become a patent lawyer id kill for that salary

literally kill
>>
>>42681669
Join your school's alumni association and attend some events, network there, etc.
>>
>>42682364
>>42682274

howd** im studying for phd in mech e rn, getting cucked
>>
>>42682377
Real question, what jobs does a phd in engineering open to you aside from teaching university?

Wouldn't you better off working in your field, not only getting salary, but resume experience. Rather than being an overly educated academic.
>>
>>42676079
Sweet, I wanna go into a PhD program for molecular biology. I just learned about adipocytes today too.
>>
Plan on majoring in Biology and becoming a Wildlife Biologist

I will make my Idol Steve Irwin proud.
>>
>>42673341
>journalism
>psych
Are you Jewish by any chance?
>>
marketing
>>
>>42682512
>Wouldn't you better off working in your field, not only getting salary, but resume experience. Rather than being an overly educated academic.
I'm not a citizen, my excuse for staying in the country.
>>
>Started free Community College with no end goal for a major
>Might go to a state UNI, or say fuck it and learn a trade since I'm bad with math and programming.
>Only interested in history
Suicide or wage cucking gentlemen?
>>
Electrical Engineering crew checking in. Specializing in electronic circuit design and semiconductors + optoelectronics. On my final year and preparing to apply to a school for a Masters.
>>
File: 1476060656572.jpg (26KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1476060656572.jpg
26KB, 499x499px
>>42667148
>>
research assistant to MSCS/PhD candidates studying machine learning. I get paid shit
>>
>>42682910
you can get a job at a historical site or a museum nigga
>>
I study economics in Finland. I'm starting my bachelor's thesis soon, going to concentrate on statistics and econometrics on my masters afterwards. It's honestly really rewarding and fun.
>>
>>42682752
Nice
>>
>>42667288
What classes involve this? I'm Computer Engineering undergrad and just switched to EE MS but I don't have any experience with RF and in depth analog circuits
>>
>>42671340
Australia bro, where u
>>
>>42674454
Tell us more about your "adult work"
>Tfw its always been a lifelong dream to be aesthetic enough to become a male stripper
>>
>>42679586
Same year as you, but in a "commie" country so no debt for me. Good luck tho, chem eng degree is still top tier.
>>
isnt the bump limit 300? oh i guess the admins deactivated it for the piano post and forgot to turn it off
>>
>>42680188
God
>>
HVAC service tech

make around 90k. only did 1 year trade school.

the money is retarded if you know what you're doing, gonna go out on my own soon
>>
>>42680188
Where did you go for undergrad?
>>
>>42679581
507. Texas resident applying to all Texas schools and a few out of state
>>
>>42667148
dude kys
>>
Started out as a freshmen tried to get into electrical engineering then when I could barely pass the first math so I switched to kinesiology. Going the clinical route going to try to get into PT school still sophomore GPA 2.6 because I dicked around but I'm serious now.
>>
I'm leaving for Cairo in January to finish my Master's thesis research in Egyptology. After that I'll present it, get my MA, then apply to PhD programs for Egyptology. If I fail at that I can always just teach at community college or some shit, but my goal is to become a professor and (hopefully) discover the next tomb in the valley of the kings. Catch me on /lit/ and /his/ too.
>>
Post grad: speech and language therapy

>Only guy in course of 30 women

Men make up 3% of this profession
>>
>>42688830
but I am from Egypt
>>
>>42689174
Yeah, but are you an ancient Egyptian? No, you're not. You're a Berber invader, Muhammad.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.