[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bulking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1503932143253.jpg (393KB, 1959x1469px) Image search: [Google]
1503932143253.jpg
393KB, 1959x1469px
how long should a bulk last? what would be a good target weight gain?
My maintanance is 2000 and I'm bulking at 2500 (I don't wanna fucc up my growth spurt and be a manlet). When I started bulking a month ago I was around 124, now I'm 132, even though I realistically should be 128. What gives? Is it water weight?
Also my dear abs are going away. Pls help. I'm not dirty bulking
>>
Don't do such a big surplus. 250 is more than enough. Any more and you'll just have to do a long cut at the end.
Aim to gain a half pound a week, if that seems like nothing, remember that it's still 24lbs a year.
I'm assuming you're a newbie so bulk like that for at least 1 year, or 2 years if you do occasional mini cuts. Only do a mini cut once you're about 15% and do a 750-1000 cal deficit for 4 weeks. Don't do those deficits for any longer than 4 weeks.

This is what anyone that's been lifting for multiple years, that's trying to actually help you would recommend. Don't listen to the 500-1000 cal surplus people, I guarantee you they look like shit.
>>
>>42666382
ok thx
>>
File: skinnyfat DYEL bitchfag.png (452KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
skinnyfat DYEL bitchfag.png
452KB, 640x1136px
>>42666382
but I look on the NIH website and it says ppl like me """should""" be eating 2500 calories a day.
Are (((they))) tricking us?
I was making nogains on 2000, I was a skinny faggot with abs. This was me then
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (357KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
357KB, 2448x3264px
>>42666442
and this is me now. Still a skinny faggot, but we're all going to make it, r-right?
>>
>>42666382
Is 6 months of lifting still "newbie?" I felt like my fat loss had slowed once I reached >>42666442
, that's why I started bulking
>>
>>42666450
Tracking calories is never perfect and guidelines aren't either. Keep tracking how you do and adjust according to what you see on the scale. As you gain you'll slowly need to eat more too, but if you currently maintain at what you track as 2000, then eat at 2250 and see how the scale reacts if it's about a half pound a week good, if not add or subtract 100.
The most important thing is to be consistent with how you track calories that way any errors in measurement are balanced out. Also, try to weigh yourself everyday, and average the weekly weight for a more precise weight change, once it stabilizes at 0.5 a week you can stop weighing yourself if you want, then if you stall just start again and adjust your cals.
>>
>>42666513
Newbie is gonna be completely dependent on your lifting approach. A guy lifting with shit programming for 6 years could be more of a newbie than a well programmed guy after 1.
But yes 6 months is still new
>>
>>42666528
thx bro. I have years and years to prepare my body, so I guess I should slow bulk.
>>42666541
noted
>>
>>42666555
damn two sets of trips
>>
>>42666382
post body
>>
Bulk until you're at your target weight.
>>
>>42666813
He won't. You know why? Exactly.
>>
>>42666979
of course he won't
>>
>>42666450
if I were you, I'd just stuff my fucking face, maybe even throw in some dirty calories, and lift heavy, with lots of isolation work in between. I'd just gauge it, and keep myself from turning into a lardass with basketball or walks.
>>
>>42666382
250 calories for larger people is very easily to erase just by walking a little more that day, and 500 is still a moderate bulk for larger people and definitely not too fast

just do 15% above your TDEE, which will account for your size
>>
>>42666382
a) what are your lifts
b) >>42666813
>>
>>42666442
>Chestlet
>>
>>42668968
yes, my chest, as well as the rest of my fucking body, is lacking
tell me something I don't know
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.