[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ First time posting here, and it seems to be the right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (14KB, 232x218px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 232x218px
Hey /fit/

First time posting here, and it seems to be the right place to ask, but apologies if it's not. i'll delete the thread if that's the case

Usually I only lift weights (two 20lb dumbbells) in the morning, but yesterday I did them at night as well, and today it feels like I may have pulled a neck muscle on the right side (shoulder shrugs and overhead lifts). It's only happened once before, but that was like 13 years ago when I was a kid, and it was when I had just woken up. I can look down and all the way left, but only like 45 degrees up and like a third of the way to the right before a fairly intense pain comes on (feels like someone has a death grip on the muscle).

Does anyone have any personal remedies to ease the pain or promote healing that they care to recommend? I tried both icing it and a heat pad, but neither really helped. Acetaminophen barely did anything. Would the correct course of action be to rest the muscle, or to try and massage it (though even the lightest pressure on the sore spot causes pretty severe pain)? In pic related, I've circled the approximate target area. Thanks for any input
>>
>>42665807
PT student here. Sounds like a strain leading to strong muscle guarding. Pretty painful stuff. If you go to a doctor they'll just hand you muscle relaxers. A physical therapist will be able to treat the root problem. In the U.S. you don't need a recommendation from a physician to see a PT anymore.

But ice or heat, whatever makes it feel better is appropriate. With muscle guarding I find heat is better. Ice is good for injuries with swelling. If you can get a tens unit (those patches that deliver light electrical stimulation) at a drug store that'll probably help the muscle to relax again. Icy hot or biofreeze is good also. Ibuprofen gel caps are great for muscle pain. If its extreme enough pain you can alternate taking acetaminophen and ibuprofen every couple of hours (google how if you don't understand) since they're filtered differently by the body. But with something like this rest is best and when it starts to calm down light stretching and neck exercises (chin tucks lying down, turning your head right then center then left lying down, and movements that stretch your traps). Hope it feels better! I've been there. It sucks.
>>
>>42665915
Thanks man, I really appreciate the advice. I've never heard of the electrical stimulation patch but I'll definitely look into it, cuz the pain is starting to give me a headache, and when I sneezed earlier I thought I was going to fucking die. Shit hurts worse than when I broke both of my arms
>>
>shrugging 20's

This is a joke, correct?
>>
>>42665807
How is it possible for a man to hurt themselves with 2 20lbs dumbells?
>>
>>42665983
It's all I have access to for the time being (I'm not home and no gym nearby)

>>42666001
How is it possible for a man to hurt himself with a pencil or a tree branch? Stuff happens, and I'm fine with that.
>>
>>42665971
Muscle guarding is horrible and back/neck pain can be some of the most debilitating. It could be you strained a ligament in your cervical spine which is causing the muscle to over react to guard from further injury. Regardless your goal needs to be getting that guarding down to better manage the pain. Don't pay attention to the shit posters. People get worse back injuries doing stupid shit like brushing their teeth.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.