[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everything is confusing me guys. SS or SL 5x5? Do I really do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1482463275811.jpg (628KB, 2464x1648px) Image search: [Google]
1482463275811.jpg
628KB, 2464x1648px
Everything is confusing me guys.

SS or SL 5x5?
Do I really do no cardio?
Do I need to throw in isolation exercises?

I've read the fucking sticky.
>>
>>42665487
Do whatever you want based on your goals you fucking faggot
>>
>>42665487
SS and SL are both viable strength routines for beginners. You will see visible muscle gain with both, but more with SL because of a higher volume.

I would highly reccomend throwing in accessories for SL and SS. The most commonly suggested are curls, dips, planks and cable crunches.

There are other beginner programs, but the Stronglifts app is really good if you're a complete mongoloid at what you're doing. Some will say PPL but I have no experience with that.

The anti SS posting is a meme because idiots do GOMAD with it, which is pretty unrelated and is specifically for ultra skellies to gain mass quickly.

Cardio is very important and you should do it. Cardio eating gains is a complete meme; as long as you're not running long distances constantly you're fine. HIIT (high intensity interval training) is the best for your cardiovascular system.
>>
>>42665487
A: Deadlift, ohp, weighted pull ups/pull downs all 5x5

B: Squat, bench, row all 5x5

AxBxAxBx...etc
>>
depends on what you want

the OPTIMAL way of going about this is (if you're completely untrained) doing SS properly for at least 6 months so that you at least lift weights that actually matter to your physiology
and "SS properly" means you'll eat 3000-4000 calories a day, good amount of protein and increase the weight on your lifts EVERY. SINGLE. WORKOUT. Read the book if you want to know by how much and what to do if the weights don't go up. It's very possible to reach 1/2/3/4 in 6 months of SS for an untrained person, just so you know.
Once you did that, you can decide what you'll do next. Do cardio to lose fat or train endurance, or keep going some more with SS and squeeze out all the gains you can and then switch to whatever you want, bodybuilding routine, powerlifting routine etc.

or if you want to spend a whole lot of time with a routine that may or may not work to get muscle that you may or may not get, you listen to anyone else who didn't successfully train thousands of people in strength training
SS ACTUALLY works you know
there's a reason the sticky STILL recommends SS
there's a reason people on here post about it ALL. THE. FUCKING. TIME.

as Rip says, it's pure arithmetic
if you actually do it the way he tells you to, there is no way whatsoever that you will be disappointed with your strength gains

and lifting heavier weights means you can break down more muscle which means you will build bigger muscles

no bodybuilder got there lifting light weight you know.
>>
>>42665487
I prefer stronglifts
>>
File: tumblr_mbra2cBzNp1rtbhwno1_500.png (356KB, 490x561px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbra2cBzNp1rtbhwno1_500.png
356KB, 490x561px
>>42665487
>>
>>42665487
>SS or SL 5x5?
either/or
I prefer SL 5x5

>Do I really do no cardio?
If you read SS and SL, they say you don't *need* it, but if you do anything you can do HIIT.
I, personally, am of the opinion that everyone needs to do cardio.

Are you a fatass? If so, HIIT is a no-brainer. If you are skellymode, feel free to worry about cardio later. Just get into the meat of the program first and then add cardio if you are getting to thicc

>Do I need to throw in isolation exercises?
Officially no, but:
-SS has very clear rules on what accessories to do. Read the book.
-SL tells you not to do accessories, but if you do, save it until after week8 of the program. Acceptable acceories include dips, chins, cable rows, etc.

SS it's all in the book
SL it's all on the site
>>
>>42666588

also

>>42665487
>I've read the fucking sticky.

fuck you
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.