[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about saturated fat? Good, bad, or neutral? I tried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: HL128197-graph-1[1].jpg (27KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
HL128197-graph-1[1].jpg
27KB, 500x321px
Can we talk about saturated fat? Good, bad, or neutral?
I tried looking into this on my own but there is too much contradiction to make sense out of any of it.
>>
File: Snapchat-456604641.jpg (300KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-456604641.jpg
300KB, 1080x1920px
Eating upwards of 80g every day in a fuckton of European cheeses, pork, and cacao for the past few months. I feel mad lit but I'm prob gonna face ramifications years down the line
Owell :^)
>>
>>42665124
>I tried looking into this on my own but there is too much contradiction to make sense out of any of it.
There is zero contradiction when you consult experts and groups staffed by experts. Actually you can't find a single relevant nutrition or government organization on the planet that does not recommend limiting saturated fat intake ( - unless of course their recommendations revolve around food groups rather than specific nutrients)

The best that anybody ever says even on the internet is that "saturated fat does not cause heart disease". Even if we were to accept this, there are countless other things you could eat instead that actively promote good health. Saturated fat serves no purpose in the body, it's also the fat least likely to be oxidized for energy.

Yeah, there are a small number of turbo-quacks that say the more cholesterol you have the healthier you are, but that's on the level of flat earthers (it isn't by accident that exercise lowers cholesterol and getting fat raises it)
>>
>>42665124
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2LYe4Gzmc4

everything you need to know about macros and food is in this video
>>
The only scenario I know of that says "saturated fat is okay" is a ketogenic diet, and the only people who should be doing that are people who are already so dangerously goddamn fat that saturated fat is the least of their worries.

Any reasonably healthy non-fatty should be trying to avoid saturated fat as much as possible.
>>
>>42665291
>saturated fat serves no purpose in the body

kek. kys yourself pls
>>
>>42665124
generally bad

I've never seen a single study comparing saturated and unsaturated fat intake on any measure of health where high saturated fat resulted in a better outcome
>>
>>42665372
You know even if your paletard guru tell you it's super important doesn't mean there is a single enzymatic pathway requiring that shit .
>>
>>42665401
>>42665324
>>
>>42665324
maybe this man should do some cardio and eat a bit more fibers instead of the healthy sat fat , pajeet gonna die of a cvd
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.