[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you kill fat with ice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Kill-belly-fat-cells-with-ice.jpg (91KB, 821x1321px) Image search: [Google]
Kill-belly-fat-cells-with-ice.jpg
91KB, 821x1321px
It sounds kinda plausible, but also sounds kinda like bullshit.
>>
>>42663089
sounds like bullshit anon
>>
Well, I do recall reading an article where white fat would convert to a energy consuming brown fat after a long term cold temperature exposure.
But this completely different and is bullshit.
>>
There's some cryotreatment that's pretty in right now, but that uses actual medical equipment and not just some ice pack.
>>
>>42663089
you mean cryo-lipolyse. its not working desu because fat needs oxygen to oxidize. then you piss out the lost fat.
>>
>>42663256
I've just done some reading about the medical procedure, and they're just lowering the area to around freezing.
That sounds like something that could be done with an ice pack.
>>
>>42663304
Even with a cloth you would suffer burns on the skin
>>
>>42663379
I'm no doctor, but everyone is saying there will be skin damage, but it gets better. And fat cells get fucked by cold a lot easier than muscle ans skin.
>>
Yes it technically works (momscience articles aside, it does in theory), no it is not the missing link for losing your gut without hard work because none of those magazine adverts you saw will work.
>>
https://youtu.be/_Q2F3REG3zk
>>
>>42663089

Only works with prolonged exposure- you basically have to live where it's cold. Cold shower/cryotherepy is bullshit.

Only works for brown adipose tissue- which between the shoulder blades, surrounding the kidneys, the neck, and supraclavicular area, and along the spinal cord.
>>
>>42663695
I don't plan on ditching my routine, but for the life of me I can't get rid of fat on my lower back.
I haven't had venus dimples since I was a child.
>>
>>42663089
Yeah, be careful not to give yourself frost burns with packs of ice straight from the freezer.
>>
>>42663836
Lose more fat. Lower back and to an extent lower ab area are like thighs for women, last place to go and among the first to get fat again. Look into Lyle’s stubborn fat protocol 2.0 (and use the supplements he recommends with it) if you really are like 10-12%bf lean and still have back fat.
>>
With a significant drop in temperature and a vacuum drawn to prevent vaso-constricition, yes. With an ice pack, no.
>>
>>42663891
its written like slow cardio after HIT exercises - what to do after gym exercises?
>>
>>42663966
No. Literally focus on doing this shit as a separate workout twice a week or more on a caloric deficit and only lift and get enough protinz to conserve muscle mass as a side note for those four to six weeks it will take you.
>>
The only explanation I can think of for this would be the body spending extra calories to heat your body up.
>>
>>42665163
That's not the explanation given in the FDA paper that approved it as a procedure.
Fat cells don't go away when you lose weight, they just get smaller. Cooling them down enough kills them and your body digests them.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.