[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

arkansas warrior dash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: wd-logo.png (75KB, 504x504px) Image search: [Google]
wd-logo.png
75KB, 504x504px
this event is coming up in october near me. i'm considering signing up. i've never done anything like it before, and never done a 5k. i have jogged 6 miles before, but it was on a track, and it was after a few months of serious focus on jogging (this was about 3 years ago).

my local 9 hole golf course is right around 1.86 miles long if you run right down the center of the fairways and through the greens, and is hilly as fuck (elevation changes between 50-100ft), so i think i could practice running there. i definitely don't want to go trail running this year due to the ridiculous amount of ticks and bugs this summer (we didn't have much of a winter, and it has been around 80-85 degrees all through august).

how should i train for the next 1.5 months to respectably represent /fit/?

oh btw, the event is a bunch of running, obstacles (like mud pits and climbing wall type stuff). https://warriordash.com/location/2017-warrior-dash-arkansas/
>>
>>42662859
who lives in arkansas?
>>
>>42663281
a lot of people who enjoy the low cost of living, great abundance of nature, smaller communities and city sizes, wonderful air quality, plentiful natural wildlife, stable economy, etc. etc.

and a lot of fat retards.
>>
Don't do it. This is coming from someone who's done seven Warrior Dashes now. The event has turned into complete shit, and it's now just a huge waste of money. You seem like you're looking for something a little more serious, so I would recommend finding the closest Spartan Race to you, or maybe another local obstacle race. Just don't give any money to that bullshit "race" they call warrior dash.
>>
>>42662859
Either get first wave or be prepared to wait in line at every obstacle
>>
>>42664465
i was kind of concerned when i started reading the "about" information, and i saw that they're giving free beers to the contenders, and that it's some party/festival mentality. then i saw that one of the blog posts was by some huffington post writer...but it would feel good to have a competition as a goal. i'll look for a spartan race. if there's something around me this year i'll do that instead. thanks.

>>42664505
i think there's an option to pay for this.

so i'm thinking of keeping my compound lifts routine as it is, doing some treadmill HIIT style training once per week ($5 day fee at gym and i can use the steam room), and run the golf course 2-3 times per week. i also do stuff like play golf & walk the course, ride my bike to and from the golf course, walk the high school track, etc.
>>
>>42664465
looks like there's one oct. 28th in dallas, which is roughly the same length drive for me as the warrior dash. thanks.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.