[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motivation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1502740149042.jpg (214KB, 1227x1368px) Image search: [Google]
1502740149042.jpg
214KB, 1227x1368px
What are some ways /fit/ motivates themselves?

I struggle with motivation in all aspects of my life, I see a quote, or imagine an outcome and become extremely motivated for a short period of time, then I just give in/up, try to remotivate myself with pictures or imagine the outcome if I keep going, but I always break. I'm like this with everything from diet to study and job searching.

tl;dr. How to stay motivated long term.

~Actions prove who someone is, words just prove who they want to be.
>>
>>42659512
>>
>>42659512
How long did it take you to go from left to right?
>>
You want to keep your job? Show up and do work.

You want to get /fit/? Show up and do work.

It is your duty, obligation, and your responsibility. Stop shirking it off.
>>
>>42660167
It's not me, but the poster in the thread i got this from said 2.5 years
>>
Motivation is for reddit

what you need is discipline
>>
I think about my future wife and six sons
even though no gf
>>
>>42660228
Tips?

Do you think meditating would help? When it comes to dieting my parents are both very overweight and cook for me, cook food and then guilt trip me by saying it would go to waste, even though i told them i didnt want them to cook.
>>
>>42660375
Just ignore their shit for a while and they'll adapt and make less food. You can also try cooking for yourself some healthy meals, share with your parents as well and maybe they'll lose weight with you. Learning to cook is a good way to easily diet. Don't let your parents do everything for you.

As for discipline you can train it in everyday aspects of life, from simple keeping your living areas clean to going to the gym almost every day. Discipline is trained by repeatedly doing things even if you don't want to. Meditation can help you focus and face your problems or understand yourself, but it won't really help discipline unless you're doing it every day for a fixed amount of time.

You also might just need a wake-up call because your life is too comfortable and it's hard for you to see that you need to it to change.
>>
>>42660375
Don't be a cuck. If you don't want their food and you said you didn't want their food, don't eat their food and maintain your stance
>>
Motivation and Discipline go hand in hand.

You need to set a goal for yourself that you actually see yourself accomplishing. If you have 0 interest in what you're doing, it's gonna be hard to be disciplined
>>
>>42659512
it's because you use that motivation to do difficult or long-term goals and then getting tired with no visible progress. instead use motivation to do short term goals that work towards your long term goals
>>
File: 20170530_151617.jpg (1MB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20170530_151617.jpg
1MB, 2896x2896px
Motivation for wide hipped manlets
>>
>>42660778
Howd you get those serratus
>>
>>42659512
Discipline > Motivation

Motivation is fleeting. Passion can be hard to find. Discipline will last a lifetime.
>>
>>42660789
Idk I stole the picture from Cbt
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.