[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will biking 6 miles a day and lifting for 20 minutes make me /fit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1503758174885.jpg (767KB, 2888x1480px) Image search: [Google]
1503758174885.jpg
767KB, 2888x1480px
Pic related
>>
>>42658039

as long as your diet is good i don't see why not. You won't be huge but it'll be better than nothing.
>>
>>42658050
Would boosting the lifting time to 30 minutes help?
>>
File: 1454517350851.png (530KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454517350851.png
530KB, 1920x1080px
>>42658039
No, unless that 6 miles counts as HIIT cardio.
And that 20 minutes of lifting means you're going hard as fuck and resting for 30 seconds max.
>>
>>42658115
>counts as HIIT cardio.

Pls
>>
6 miles is a pretty short biking distance unless you're really out of shape, so yes, doing those things would help someone who is very unhealthy.
>>
>>42658039
7*20min=140min=2hr20min.

That's the equivalent of 3 short lifting sessions a week, plus decent cardio. 6 miles isn't a small distance, and biking is god tier cardio and works your legs to a certain degree as well. I'm actually starting to bike places too because of it; shits awesome.
Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Yes, you can make progress. It won't be super rapid. What are your goals anon?

Even though it's not "technically" a beginner program, you might wanna try the 5/3/1 "I'm not doing jack" template.

It's designed so you walk in, do a barbell warmup and your sets of a single compound lift, then walk out. The next day you do the next lift, etc. Pretty sure it covers the 4 main compounds.

Tell us a little more anon. What do you want out of this? WHat do you mean by being /fit/?

>>42658115
6 miles ain't a small distance. It definitely stacks up if it's every day. Plus there are programs out there for low but consistent amounts of time. If he's hitting the gym for 20-30 mins ever day, it won't exactly make him a monster, but it's definitely enough time to make some solid progress, especially if he keeps hacking away at it.
>>
>>42658130
He didn't say what kind of bike he was using.
6 miles on a bmx bike is pretty long.

>>42658146
I agree, but I assume those six miles are split up into going three miles to the gym, doing the 20 minute workout, then the 3 miles back.
If that's the case then going fast as fuck seems to be the proper thing to do because three miles on a proper bike is nothing.
>>
>>42658180
Yeah, solid point. Could also be a 3mi commute to work or something though. I know a good friend of mine rides to the train station, trains to work, then rides back home. She looks fit though.

I think if OP gives us more info it'd be handy. If he is riding to the gym and back, than HIIT is probably, as you say, an awesome idea for him.
>>
>>42658070
45 is better. And yeah, 6 Miles isn't enough desu. It'll do something for your cardiovascular system after a while, but it's not enough to make you physically fit.
>>
can somebody dump all the versions of OP's pic ? trying to collect em all
>>
>>42658220
How much miles do you recommend?
>>
You should try biking for 20 mins and lifting for six miles instead
>>
Just lift, lifting boosts your metabolism. Also if you cut carbs and continue lifting your body will melt fat to use as energy. Normally you should start on a bulk but assuming you're really overweight you should start on a cut, you might not make many gains but you'll lose weight. After about 3 months of the cut diet go on a bulk diet, you'll gain a bit of fat but you'll gain a significant amount of muscle
>>
>>42658039
After that just rinse and repeat
>>
>>42658453
damn u got some sick broscience there fuckboi
>>
>>42658482
Thanks
>>
>>42658482
Also a cut/ bulk cycle is literally what anyone who lifts would recommend. Cardio kills gains and everyone on here knows it
>>
>>42659402
cut/bulk is pointless, except you use roids.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.