[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With starting strength you're meant to add 5lbs every workout,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

With starting strength you're meant to add 5lbs every workout, but what if you're not able to complete the set because of it? Do you continue adding yet another 5lbs the following workout, or do you only add the weight once you're able to complete the sets?

pic source is faith goldy if anyone is wondering
>>
>>42655698
Once you're able to complete the set
>>
>>42655698
>With starting strength you're meant to add 5lbs every workout, but what if you're not able to complete the set because of it?

If you read the book, you'd know the answer to this question.
>>
>>42655709

I have 4 other books I have to read and study to get a job before I'll have time to read ss, I already ordered it I just don't have the time

>>42655706

thanks for the help
>>
>>42655734

Good. You should read it as it explains the program in extremely great detail.

Key point is when stalling and/or missing weights. Give yourself a few more workouts where you make sure your recovery and nutrition is on point. If you still fail, you may have exhausted your noob gains. How long have you been lifting?
>>
>>42655770

I've been dicking around for awhile, on and off, with literally no gains. I'm taking the time now to do as much research as I can instead of half-assing it.

For example, I just now learned that you're meant to take a 5min+ break between sets instead of 30 seconds like I've been doing. I would also increase the weight by 5lbs a week (5lbs plates meaning 10lbs total) and get pissed off and quit when I didn't see progress and kept stalling after a week.
>>
>>42655698
lurk more
>>
>>42655829
Eat more. Sleep more. Make sure your form is good.
>>
>>42655829
30 seconds? Jesus Christ. 90 sec is pretty much my minimum. At higher weights you will be doing more lie 5 min.
>>
I just got my bench up to 5x5 at 210 lb.

Am I still beginner strength? Should I be finding something intermediate? Drop setting?

I just went up from repping 185lb in the last month after a good year of fuckarounditis and no progress. Also lost weight 185->175, but last month progressing in lifts.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.