[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bringing food for lunch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: eating-on-the-job-intro[1].jpg (67KB, 734x484px) Image search: [Google]
eating-on-the-job-intro[1].jpg
67KB, 734x484px
I'm starting my first "real" job this week in an office. What should I bring for lunch on a daily basis? Before, I was working shifts and had plenty of time to go home for an hour to cook up eggs and sausage. I don't want to spend much and need at least 50g of protein for lunch. I'm thinking I'll make wraps of some kind but I'm not very creative.
>>
>>42652314
>Tuna or chicken
>Wholewheat pita
>Lettuce
30g protein and 30g carbs so just make double if you NEED 50g protein
>>
>>42652325
This. Or sardines even.
>>
>>42652325

Turkey is also a good one to keep things varied. Try to add spinach as well.
>>
for what it's worth, i cook a decent sized pot of lentil (600g) every saturday and pack 100g every day of work, plus meat (chicken, beef, etc) and some peas

It's about 50g protein in 1 meal
>>
>>42652325
I don't want tuna breath for the rest of the day. I'll buy precooked chicken for now and cook it myself later in the week when I have more prep time.

>>42652359
Do you have a recipe I could follow?
>>
File: 1503330856191.jpg (167KB, 700x662px)
1503330856191.jpg
167KB, 700x662px
Prepare stuff, you can eat this cold with no problems.
>>
>>42652314
Half package of hamburger helper as prepared
>>
>>42652373
>100g of carbs
>6g of protein

what a meal
>>
>>42652372
not really, just cook lentils in rice cooker, takes about 45 min, I don't season them or anything, just straight water

As for the meat, i'll stirfry with whatever sauce I have in the fridge
>>
>>42652714
that sounds dry and disgusting
>>
Took me a while to figure this out OP. Buy some meal prep containers, cook some chicken the night before and just eat a bunch of chickens vegetables for lunch. Throw in some rice if you want the carbs and you're good. I eat this 3-4x a week and grab Chipotle or something if I don't.
>>
Just bring oats and dry milk powder with protein powder and some fruits and nuts. Add water, there's your meal
>>
>>42652739
sacrifice some of the taste for how easy it is
>>
>>42652828
>takes 45min just for the lentils
>another 30min just for the chicken
>end up with a dry mess
>>
>>42652314
I eat 100g sour milk cheese every morning in the office, 30g easy Protons. For lunch just cook more stuff the evening before and bring it with you.
>>
You're not going to like this OP : you have to go out to lunch with your coworkers each and every day or else you WILL become an outcast and they WILL notice. The only jobs you can bring your own lunch to and have it be OK are construction jobs
>>
>>42652971
t. NEET
All the girls at my company bring their food.
>>
>>42652373
>weekly meal prepping and eating the same shit for 6 days in a row instead of cooking lunch the evening before
enjoy your botulism and shitty taste of food
>>
>>42653129
What kind of logic is that? What do you eat other than rice, chicken and broccoli?
>>
>>42653142
>Unironically asking
Learn 2 cook. Apart from insecure beta autists ("muh lifts for getting da pussy before die as hand-operating jizzard") with severe body dysmorphism and competitioning bodybuilders people can survive and even get in shape with a well varied diet and still have a good (=sufficient for their daily goal) amount of protein.
>>
>>42653234
>failed to mention one product
>>
>>42652372
>Do you have a recipe I could follow?
make this Sunday:

Lentil soup with pork.

Choose your pork: pork belly, bacon, pork hock, whatever (but should be fatty). Really any meat is fine, I've done bone-in/skin on chicken thighs before and it was good.
Choose your lentils: any type will do, my favorite is red lentils because they are really tiny and get very creamy when cooked. Brown/green lentils would be better if you like more of an individual texture of the beans.

>chop pork, 1/4 - 1/2 lb depending on how fat you are
>chop 1 onion
>chop 1 cup of carrots
>sear pork in pan
>put pork in crockpot
>add onion and carrots to pan
>cook for a few minutes
>deglaze with large splash of chicken broth
>add to crockpot
>add 1 cup red lentils to crockpot
>4 cups chicken broth (I use low sodium so I can control how salty I want it to be)
>I usually add 1 cup of water in addition to the broth
>cook however long, I usually do either the 6 or 8 hour setting
>salt/pepper to taste
Makes about 5 servings
>>
>>42652971
That's only the case in lower-tier office jobs full of people who don't know how to manage their money. At my office the only time any of us eat out for lunch is when the company buys it.
>>
>>42652971
do you work in a city full of millennials?

in most of the working world it's usual to bring in your own lunch
>>
>>42652906
Is there a USA equivalent of this? I can't imagine just eating a bunch of cheese is going to sit well in my stomach until dinner
>>
>>42652971
Fuck this is one of my fears with starting work next week too.

>office full of DYELs and women that probably eat nothing
>go out to eat and order an appetizer or small sandwich and be full
>I have to spend $10-$12 just to get a filling meal
>food bill goes from $45/week to $100/week
>>
>>42653129
I'm already cooking dinner each night tho. I don't want to have to cook a separate meal for lunch as well. I eat basically the same thing for dinner (stew) and I don't want that for lunch too.
>>
>>42653354
>>42653354
>8hr to cook 1/4lb of pork
>5 (FIVE) servings from 1/4lb of meat

are you joking m8
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.