[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one learn to stop being insecure without faking it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1488228772382.jpg (64KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1488228772382.jpg
64KB, 750x750px
How does one learn to stop being insecure without faking it?
>>
Drugs
>>
>>42651363
realize that everybody you see or talk to is just as insecure as you, and that you never worry about them so why would they worry about the stupid shit you do or say
>>
>>42651363
no one wants to see you be a little bitch
>>
>>42651363
vodka curls xF
>>
>>42651363
You don't
You fake it until you make it
there is no choice, and every last poor bastard out there has done it as well
>>
thats how you do it. A bit like how in order to fall asleep, you have to lay dead still and breathe as if you already were sleeping, you have to pretend you are the most confident guy in the world, correct your bad habits (finger nail biting, slouching, poor eye contact etc.) and eventually you will do these things out of habit, and then after that you become what you once pretended to be. Success is not an act, but a habit.
>>
>>42651363
you fake it until you reach your goals (even small ones), get a sense of achievement and gain confidence in yourself until it becomes naturally and you realise you aren't faking anymore.
>>
>>42651560
>>42651497
I don't know how to fake it.
>>
>>42651569
Neither does anyone else
funny how that one works, isn't it?
>>
File: 1503434977171.jpg (26KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
1503434977171.jpg
26KB, 500x361px
>>42651363
>believe the lie
>become the lie
>no longer a lie
>>
>>42651363
You don't -stop- being insecure or having self doubt, you just cope with healthy/responsible means.
Questioning yourself and holding yourself to a set of standards is valid. It becomes unreasonable when you perceive yourself as being inferior just because someone has something you don't.
Make goals that are clear and concise with reasons that motivate you to accomplish them instead of berating yourself over shit. If nothing else it's more productive than self pity.
>>
>>42651363

the easiest way is be aware of the reality of death
>>
>>42651586
This is literally true, I even went so far as to create a separate persona for when I went out. I don't need it anymore but it was a blast. it wasn't a split personality or anything like that I just imagined what he would be doing and I did that, like method acting in a way.
>>
>>42651363
Get out of your comfort zone, stay there, and be insecure until you get tired of it.
>>
>>42651363
Self improvement. If you have nothing to be proud or confident about why wouldn't you be insecure?
>>
>>42651363
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjpuxiV-_Es&t=0s
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.