[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are fermented foods a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Kefir_in_a_glass.jpg (131KB, 732x1149px) Image search: [Google]
Kefir_in_a_glass.jpg
131KB, 732x1149px
Do you consume fermented foods?

I tried greek yogurth and kefir but I did not notice any health improvement from them.
>>
I found that sauerkraut improved my mood
>>
>>42650235
Are you sure they are probiotic and not sterilized?
Like the other anon said sauerkraut/kimchi is GOAT but most in store stuff is not probiotic, you usually have to look for a label saying it is, at least in America.

Fermented soy is great too, removes some sugars and the phytoestrogens.
The latter claim isn't that backed up by science but a mechanism is thought to exist and people who are really sensitive to soy (like women who stop having their periods if they eat a piece of tofu) never have issues with fermented soy, so it's most likely legit.
Tempeh is more palatable but natto has nattokinase, an enzyme that breaks down the calcium in your veins reducing the chance of clots.

Tried fermented oats the other day, put a cup of oats with water in a mason jar and let is sit for 2 days while occasionally shaking.
Was sour af.
>>
>>42650309
farting makes people happy
>>
>>42650309
How often do you consume it? Any good recipes?
>>
Gotta ferment it yourself. Cabbage is cheaper than store saurkraut and you get to eat it while it's still crunchy and full of microbes.
>>
>>42650373
http://www.seriouseats.com/amp/recipes/2016/12/homemade-fermented-sauerkraut-recipe.html
Most are pretty much the same, my recommendation is to use kosher salt.
I've only made kimchi (almost the same but with spices and fish paste) but at first I thought it was bullshit and used normal table salt, it was mistake.
Use kosher salt or some other salt that isn't iodized and too granulated and make sure to follow the brine procedure, it's worth it.
Keep flies away when the cabbage is not sealed away, I've heard horror stories.
I keep plastic wrap over my bowl that I'm working with if I walk away from it.
>>
>>42650445
Will add that I eat it pretty often, it's tasty, cheap, and has almost no calories.
Go pretty light on it when bulking but while cutting 200 calories worth of sauerkraut will take you far, there's a good amount of sodium so just drink another liter of water.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.