[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calisthenics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: header-9.jpg (322KB, 1050x350px) Image search: [Google]
header-9.jpg
322KB, 1050x350px
I've been doing pull ups, pushups, squats, dips, and crunches for two-and-a-half-hours for the last three weeks. Is there anything else I should be doing?
>>
>>42646467

I'd replace crunches with hanging leg raises. They're infinitely better.

Also, add some bridges and handstands/handstand pushups to your routine.
>>
>>42646467
Lifting weights, so that you actually might get stronger and look better.
>>
File: danny-kavadlo-tatoos.jpg (70KB, 418x561px) Image search: [Google]
danny-kavadlo-tatoos.jpg
70KB, 418x561px
>>42646492

Don't listen to this guy, OP. Weights are fine, but you don't need them to look ripped. Bodyweight is fine as long as you know what you're doing.
>>
>>42646472
I think those might be a little to advanced for me right now
>>
>>42646467
A real lifting routine
>>
>>42646613

They aren't. Start with easier progressions and work your way up. That's the beauty of body-weight, there's always a way to make a move easier or more difficult.
>>
>>42646624
How much time should I be spending on each of them?
>>
>>42646656

Until you have the strength/skill to progress to the next.

I'd highly recommend Al and Danny Kavadlo's Get Strong program.
>>
>>42646668
If i feel like i'm not making good progress ill purchase it.
>>
>>42646701

Here's a few exercises you can do to start out with. They shouldn't be too difficult if you're already doing full pull ups and dips:

Hanging knee raises (core, grip).
Straight bridges (pictured; hamstrings, glutes, lower back).
Wall-assisted handstand holds (shoulders, triceps, forearms).

What kind of squats are you doing? If you're not already, start doing close squats (where your heels are together). That'll get to on your way to working on pistol squats.
>>
>>42646741

Forgot picture.
>>
>>42646741
I just do normal squats but I wanted to try doing back squats
>>
>>42646467
few things I ve found help round things out: handstands and progressing to handstand push up. really adds a nice touch on the delts and traps and wrist strength. try to progress to 1 arm push ups as well to really pop out your chest.

another exercise I like is 'reverse push ups' sit on your butt, hands facing out. raise and lower your body if you re doing them right you'll be targeting rear delts.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.