[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brian Alsruhe 12-week program

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Has anyone tried this style of programming?

What does /fit/ thinks of his giant sets?

Giant sets example:
Bench day
Main:
> BB rows
> Bench press (same weight as rows)
> Glute-ham raises
> Condititioning (example: jump rope)
> 90s rest and repeat twice
Assistance:
> Cable rows
> Close grip bench press
> 90s rest and repeat twice
Conditioning work

Pic related. Here's a spreadsheet to the program: docs google com/spreadsheets/d/1g4vWa0EeFDXrDX2tQgsVoVZMZcOxahxxaS3BOxzCUNY/
>>
pls respond
>>
You better have a fuckton of gear to withstand this. Let me guess, he did not told you this.
>>
His programming is really best for strongman/football athletes. You'll be limited by your conditioning much more than by your strength.

>>42646398
no
>>
>>42645211
His programming is only good If you're on steroids.
What is your goal? I can probably recommend something better.
>>
I was looking into this the other day. For record I have been lifting for 2 years, 5/5/3/2 1RM, at 260lb (currently, so a fat fuck). I am currently doing Sheiko and before I did Sheiko I was doing 5/3/1 BBB 3 month challenge.

This program feels like a merge between 5/3/1 and Sheiko. It looks amazing, but you have to put a significant mount of work to actually program this monstrosity. I'm busy planning it out right now but I am very excited to try it because this seems like the perfect program for my goals (IE be huge like Alsruhe).

The hardest part is going to be the giant sets. After doing 5/3/1 BBB 3 month challenge and going 5x10 at 70% I feel like my conditioning is good enough to withstand them but it's going to be rough as hell.

To really get the most of it you have to be at least advanced, though. You have to be experienced enough to know the weak points of each of your lifts.
>>
>>42647991
>>42646398
Disagree with needing steroids. This is not that difficult outside of the giant set aspect. If you did it as a normal routine instead of giant sets it wouldn't be much harder than 5/3/1 or basically any powerlifting program.
>>
>tfw you try super/giant sets and conditioning
>tfw you realize you're in horrible horrible shape
>>
>>42647991
>>42646398
Not really, no. Overall volume here is pretty reasonable. Take out the giant sets and all the conditioning and its not really harder than 5/3/1. But then again, this shit is mostly for strongman, where its all good and important. But then again, strongman is a fucking great sport, shit that strongman do is insane.
>>
>>42648089
Exactly kek

Barely could perform ohps after chin-ups after 1st set
>>
>>42647991
My goal is to get better conditioning while getting back to lifting, in order to start training judo next year. Will this program get me there?
>>
>>42648037
I'm nowhere near advanced. Would it be better to run a beginner program like 5x5?

I do have somewhat good awareness of weak points bc I've played sports in highschool/studying morphology in med school... But I digress.

1/1.5/?/3.5 at 210lbs @ 6'4... A noob... I do not do squats, but doing RDL at 300lbs, and some 250lbs or so at BB hack squats. Deadlift-like movements are benefited by my lank proportions. However, my bench... ugh...
>>
pretty sure its doable as natty as all his gym members are on this atm as they run classes

all of it looks good desu
>>
I'm starting it Monday, but I'm not doing giant sets, may do the conditioning. It's just a higher volume 5/3/1, which I did and loved prior to all the First Set Last/Joker Sets/faggot naming practices came out.

I'm going to take it as far as I can, may one day add in the conditioning, but I don't like giant sets.
>>
>>42650213

just do normal assistance than without 90s rest and treat it normally desu

what are your conidtioning/assistance idea to this guys?

also I fail to udnerstand why Brian put so much empashis on that your row = your bench and you dont row for strenght in here anyway kek
>>
>>42650253

>just do normal assistance than without 90s rest and treat it normally desu

Yeah, my assistance will be rotated light/medium/heavy with varying rep schemes accordingly and my rests for assistance is always like 15-20 deep breaths, whatever that equates to in seconds.

>what are your conidtioning/assistance idea to this guys?

I train BJJ, so conditioning/cardio isn't much of a priority. With school starting back up, I may have to cut down on mat time, however, so I'm up for possible conditioning ideas to implement in the future.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.