[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does lifting/excercise purge negative thoughts? Is it placebo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (289KB, 1237x1862px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
289KB, 1237x1862px
Does lifting/excercise purge negative thoughts? Is it placebo or do we actually get a chemical reaction?
>>
>>42642084
sort of. it does release some chemicals that help with depression but depending on severity of it even that might not help

in the end it's just a way to occupy your mind and focus on something else and forget about shit
>>
>>42642084
>thank you feminism
>>
>>42642661
>cant conform to traditional values
>kills herself
>somehow this has anything to do with feminism
>>
>>42642700
Feminism has told women they don't need to comform, they don't need a man, they should focus on careers, men will still find them attractive post 30 and if they have a career.

When in actual fact very few men will marry a women above 30 if they're interested in having a family. Once a women is past 30 her chances become slim, past 35 its basically over. Men who can choose will always choose a younger women.

Finding out you've been lied to is pretty devastating and nothing she does could turn back time.
>>
File: 1491737175586.png (225KB, 487x560px) Image search: [Google]
1491737175586.png
225KB, 487x560px
Why didn't she just marry the boyfriend in the picture and have kids?
>>
>>42642700
>can't conform to traditional values
her problem was that she refused to date a non-traditionalist man. You think she ever asked a man out on a date? No. Feminism told her to get rid of the traditional values she didn't want, but told her she was entitled to keep all the traditional values that benefited her. Feminism also told her she was entitled to have the very best possible man.
>>
>>42642084
I think cardio helps with that, gives you that endorphin rush. Lifting doesn't seem to help though.
t. depressed faggot who lifts and almost never does cardio
>>
File: ex.png (3MB, 1324x1527px) Image search: [Google]
ex.png
3MB, 1324x1527px
>>42642084
For all intent and purposes it does provide routine and progress in your life. Of course you can replace both with some other activity but then you loose out on the health aspect.

As for your second question this is a very modern way to think because we are always told to look at the evidence from an objective viewpoint, but I am not so sure that the answer is relevant as long as it works for you. So looking for a cause and effect phenomena (like the interaction of food and muscle) when it comes to the mind might not get you what you want. Synchronicity for example, is not understood as cause and effect and I would be surprised if my whole existence could be explained trough mere signals. That being said lifting is still only be a component and if you don't feel like reading some books than I would recommend you to listen to some lectures by Alan Watts. It is surprisingly /comfy/.

Pic related is one example of Synchronicity, since you would not relate to any of my personal experiences. If you are new to Jung he introduced extrovert/introvert among other things and have you ever taken some of the simple online tests you might relate.
>>
>>42643632
do cardio
>>
>>42642134
Serotonin, dopamine.. come from protein.

Warm memo that antioxidants protect dopamine receptors.
>>
>>42642084
What do you mean negative thoughts? Maybe you should talk to someone anon.
>>
>>42642084
Since I started regular exercise (6x a week) I haven't been depressed. Even if I think about things that made me feel like shit, I don't really feel anything. Just chilled out most of the time now rather than empty, so friends don't really notice the personality shift.
>>
>>42642084
Yes it does, and it's a little bit of both. Your brain does actually release chemicals that make you feel good after intense physical exercise. But for us autists, lifting also distracts us from our miserable lives and makes us feel like we're working toward something, when in reality, we're only working toward a wider coffin.
>>
File: antioxidants.jpg (180KB, 658x501px) Image search: [Google]
antioxidants.jpg
180KB, 658x501px
>>42644417
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.