[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My university has a boxing club interest meet on Monday, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 7.jpg (12KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
12KB, 852x480px
My university has a boxing club interest meet on Monday, and I'm probably going to stop by and see what's up. What routines do boxers usually do? I've never done a martial art before, will it get me /fit/?
>>
>>42636154
you won't be /fit/ nor getting mired but you will be fit and can hopefully hold your own in a fight

expect heavy cardio
>>
>>42636154
Fit? Yes
/fit/? No
You're going to be running a lot.
>>
>>42636154
Never let a boxer hear you say boxing is a martial art.
If it's a real boxing club, you learn to perfect stance/footwork & spar.
As far as working out, 3 minute rounds with 30 second rest. Jump rope, shadowboxing, speed bag, heavy bag, mitt work are the staples of a boxing circuit.
It will get you fit as long as your diet is in check. High protein, low fat, no sugar, green veggies.

I'm a boxing coach btw
>>
You'll develop great endurance and learn how to strike. It's fun OP, try it out.
>>
>>42636291
>running
gross
>>
>>42636327
kek, have fun having a heart attack by age twelve
>>
>>42636291
running is for fatties
>>
>>42636154
You will learn how to box and get your endurance up. It will not get you /fit/. Being able to punch well and move will get you by in fights just fine. If you have time and energy, you can do some lifting with boxing to be at least a bit /fit/, but i doubt you will have any time for it, if you are gonna do boxing seriously.
>>
>>42636154
My coach has me running 5x a week right now, on top of my lifting and boxing.

I started out with a 20 minute run to warm up followed by 10 sets of a 50 yard dash, with a 3 to 1 rest to run ratio for the dash.
Eventually the warm up run gest upped to 25, 30, 35 minutes etc. until its at an hour.
You also slowly move on to 100 yard dashes a few days a week, until you do them everyday.

Good luck.
>>
>>42636302
>Never let a boxer hear you say boxing is a martial art.
Why not?
>>
File: 1961 Dodge WM300 Power Wagon.jpg (62KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
1961 Dodge WM300 Power Wagon.jpg
62KB, 700x467px
Thoughts on boxing vs. BJJ?
>>
>>42636154
Cardio, cardio and more cardio.
>>
>>42637751
if i wanted to roll with other men i'd just download grindr
>>
>>42636154
Jeff, i really like your videos, and have watched them for maybe two years now. But there is an"elephant in the room". and that" elephant" is you are on H.R.T (hormone replacement therapy). i want to make it clear, i have absolutely no problem with this; in fact, at 42 you have little choice but to be( if you really want to be "athletic" ) But the problem i have with it; as some have with this video,is, it leads to false expectation( in anyone over 35 especially). unless someone is a genetic freak, they will not be able to get that swollen veins bulging look. dont get me wrong, they will look pretty good; but not like this wrestler and not like you. so, do you fan base (esp. the older guys) a favor and admit you are legally on H.R.T so you can maybe help people get to their doctors and/or an " anti-aging clinic" and get the supplements they need to stay healithy and active in to the 60's etc. wheres the harm?. i mean i know the stigma to this stuff even when prescibed legally by a doctor but maybe you can help dispel this a bit. by letting people how to do these supplements responsibly and legally either way i wish you the best with your company and your channel. i truely am not trying to bust your balls. but again, i dont think is is a fair for you to keep one of the integral parts of training over 40 a secret any longer. your body needs Test and GH to function properly and repair itself. sure, diet and hard workouts also integral parts of the equation also but with out adequate test an GH their results with be GREATLY diminished and may even result in injury so consider coming clean i think it be good for you, and the sport and public preceptin. All the Best.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.