[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDTTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 32

File: 1503497279651.webm (2MB, 604x1082px) Image search: [Google]
1503497279651.webm
2MB, 604x1082px
If I do only Deadlifts and bench, really get my numbers up, what body parts will be lagging?
>>
>>42634817

Rear and Side delts maybe? Abs, calves. bi's
>>
>>42634817
Your chest and Biceps. You will be strong as fuck but look like a twink and if you don't want to have a big chest, at least do biceps curls after squats.
>>
File: 1502283456158.jpg (9KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1502283456158.jpg
9KB, 150x150px
>>42634817
>If I do only Deadlifts and bench
>Deadlifts and bench
>Deadlifts
>and
>bench
>>42634844
>at least do biceps curls after squats
>after squats
>squats
>>
>>42634880
What's wrong with training an complete different bodypart? Everytime I doing deadlifts and rows my arms are that much exhausted that I can't do any form of arm workout, so in that case it would make more sense to doing them on a day where he does squats.
>>
>>42634844

How will my chest lag If i bench like crazy?
>>
>>42634817

Nice form. Not
>>
What's the best way to prep for a run?
Light breakfast? Coffee? Full breakfast an hour or two before? Business as usual in the morning?

Gonna have a 1.5mile timed run tomorrow and I want to do the best I can.
>>
File: 1496816983589.jpg (131KB, 750x612px) Image search: [Google]
1496816983589.jpg
131KB, 750x612px
>>42634817
Add squats ohp and pullups and you got yourself a complete routine anon
>>
upper back, shoulders, neck, traps, lats, neck, bis, tris and quads
>>
>>42634957
You're deadlifting wrong breh. Don't do deadlifts as a pulling exercise, do them as a pushing exercise (drive with your legs into the floor) You should not be doing any kind of shrug or any contribution from the arms if you can help it. Just focus on gripping the bar and leave your arms out of it.
>>
>>42635043

if you were going for an actual run I'd say carb up a few hours again of time, long enough to digest but not long enough that you need to shit but for a 1.5m?

grab some gatorade for if you get thirsty maybe. that's 10-12 minutes of moderate exertion, it's nothing
>>
Rowing, yates or pendlay or cable rows, are they a waste of time? Isn't chinups just whole lot better? Upper traps, and lower back gets covered by other exercises such as squats, deads, ohp, right?
>>
File: 1501591043974.jpg (32KB, 503x536px) Image search: [Google]
1501591043974.jpg
32KB, 503x536px
>>42634817
Is no one else concerned about that shit form?
>>
Should I be doing underhand rows? I've been doing overhand but am stalling at 155 for reps. Will i still get decent upper/mid back activation with underhand?
>>
>>42634957
> a day where he does squats.
He doesn't squat.
>>
>>42635132

it'll be 95% the same, but since biceps are the stronger elbow flexor you should be able to load more weight, potentially giving more back gains.
>>
>>42635102

i have seen biggest gains from rows,landmine barbell rows and dead rows
i have not done a chin up in over a year and half
>>
>>42634817
Bruh that's autism form
>>
Reposting from last thread:
DYEL about to use barbells for the first time here. Am I supposed to secure the weights with anything? Like a clip or a lock or something? I'm afraid of them sliding off.
>>
>>42635132
dont do it underhand pls
Just use straps or cheat a bit. Also wtf r u ultra skelly, cuz 155lbs si hella weak for rowing
>>
So I may have been doing squats wrong.
Now, my left knee hurts when I run.
I think I corrected my form, but my knee still hurts when I run.
It doesn't hurt any other time, even when I squat.

Also, my feet don't really point the correct directions...

What should I do?
>>
>>42635146
Ah fuck, I misread bench, I saw the squat picture and my brain red changed it in "squats".
>>
I have knee problems, osteoarthritis, and I can't squat. I only deadlift. I do leg press and squat machine
>>
>>42635043
I run and lift weights fasted then eat enough at the end of the day to not skeletize myself.
Maybe some water if you find you get dehydrated in your sleep.
>>
File: 1501734486292.jpg (31KB, 470x489px) Image search: [Google]
1501734486292.jpg
31KB, 470x489px
>>42634817
I'm going to start doing a Upper/Lower 3x week routine once I finish this 2 weeks of maintenance and start my lean bulk, want to do this shit properly for once, unlike last time and the dirty bulk meme

Would like to incorporate Rack Pulls and/or Power Shrugs on the upper days to have some sick traps, how do I do this without fucking the push/pull ratio or overdosing on volume/exercises?
Also interested in neck training because I also box, would it be fine to do on OFF days?

these are the upper days:

UPPER A
Bench Press
Rows(havent figured out which yet)
Inc DBB BPress
Lat Pulldown
Lateral Raises
Tricep Pushdown
Hammer Curls(or any other)
abs

UPPER B
Pull Ups
OHP
Seated Cable Row
DBB Bench Press
Cable Flys or whatever theyre called
Ez Curl
Skull Crushers
abs

I require and thank the answer of qualified /fit/izens
>>
>>42635093
>>42635249
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>42635192
I try to do 3/4 sets of 10 reps but I can't really go above 155 without cheating.
>>
Do i need to do pullups? I hate them, I can never breathe right and get headaches trying to do them, can I replace with lat pulldowns and be ok?
>>
>>42635444
Cheating is fine bro,
focus on retracting scapula to target lats and not traps
keep back straight
i am doing around 300lbs dead rows with no issue and back is solid
>>
Got any food recommendations besides chicken, fish, porkchops, what would you guys eat perhaps beef wise? Just something that isn't vegetables pretty much.

My grocery list is this:

Oatmeal
Porkchop
Salmon
Eggs
Pinto beans
Broccoli
Brussel sprouts
Spinach
Brown rice
Cabbage
Olive oil
Asparagus
Sardines
Carrots
Potatoes

Any recs?
>>
>bulking
>check scale and realised I'm at 60.8kg
>panic and wonder why I have dropped 0.4kg
>literally thought I have cancer
>check scale the next morning
>61.6kg

Is my scale faulty?
>>
>>42635481
garlic
milk
butter milk
onions
yoghurts
kefir milk
you gotta miss on those milk peptides, milk cultures and antioxidants bro
>>
>>42635190
yes. google "barbell clips" and you'll see what they look like, there are three basic types and any gym should have a bunch of them somewhere
>>
>>42635510
Gotcha, thanks.
>>
>>42635132
don't do underhand, you'll tear your bicep if you go too heavy
>>
Okay, so I have been stuck on 215 squat this whole week. I can do 5 reps for the first 2 sets but usually end up doing 3 or 4 reps on the last. Is there anything I can do to try to keep increasing other than eating more?
I havn't been going on a caloric surplus and just have been maintaining it at ~1800calories. I have been 154lbs these past 3-4 weeks.
>>
>>42635552
any reason why are you not eating surplus?
Just do doubles or triples with 225 and return back to 215 after two/three weeks
>>
>>42635577
I was starting to look fat at 160lbs, im 5'8". Pretty vain reason but that is my honest answer
>>
>>42635481

top or bottom round, top tier lean protein, can be had on sale for cheap. lrn2 slice thin, marinate, grill or fry

boneless chicken thighs+herbs=chicken meatballs

chickpeas- roasted or made into falafel

mushrooms, baby spinach, mixed greens, lettuce tomatoes, cukes, scallions

eat salad every day
>>
>>42635505

weight can vary as much as 4lbs in a day naturally. If I had a really hard sweaty workout i can lose 8lbs instantly.

weigh yourself at the same time after the same routine every day for best consistency
>>
>>42635146
Thanks. This is what I meant.
>>
>>42635263
Looks good, it's like lyle mcdonald intermmediate bulking routine.
>>
>>42634817
this sort of looks like you tried to do front squats while back squatting in jeans
>>
>>42635461
You can do lat pulldowns, it's fine.
>>
>>42634817
I'm a skinnyfat :( 6'2 160 pounds
All my normie usually shorter friends have abs... is their hope for me? What should I be doing to try to work out that area, running? Just sit-ups?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
Hey guys, so I want to lose weight but also get sort of ripped (you get this asked probably lots of time) but I am having trouble understanding Google pages about this.
So I currently weigh 205lbs (~90kg) (5ft 6in in height) and I want to drop down to 160-170lbs (~75kg). I've already did a lot of muscle building last year, went from weakling to sort of strong but I am not satisfied as I am fat as fuck. So my plan is to cut down fat massively and gain sufficient muscle to looked sort of ripped like pic related.
Question is, how should I plan my calorie intake? A site I read said to take in 250 calories but this doesn't seem right, another said I should keep calories under 1500. So say, I want to curb fat massively, how much should I eat in calories and how much should burn in exercise? I plan on doing mostly cardio (walk/jog/run 2-3 miles per day) and a bit of strength in my upper body.

Also, I actually look fatter than the guy in before pic due to my manletness.
>>
>>42635059
>shoulders
bench
>traps
deadlift
>tris
bench
>neck
meme muscle

Agreed on the rest
You need some kind of row to hit all your back muscles, and obviously squat for quads
>>
Since I've started lifting and losing weight I've noticed that I'm getting more of a leak after I've finished pissing, for example i'll sit down 30 seconds after and a not insignicant amount comes out, it's very annoying. Any ideas why? I would have thought I'd be getting better at controlling it from being healthier, not the opposite.
>>
>>42636097
are you a grill? If so, i think megsquats covers this in one of her videos
>>
>>42635192
lmao what 155lb is like more than bodyweight
>>
I started as a beginner and never really stepped into intermediate after a year of brosplit and then rusted and lagged behind for a year and now I want to get back in and I'm currently in a weird spot that I can bench my own bodyweight but I can't squat even 1 plate or DL double of my BW nor can I do any pull ups

Can I still reg park's beginner routine and still be on track to losing 1-2 lbs of fat and gain .5 lbs of muscles every week provided i track my macro and eat at a deficit?

I'm 20 right now
>>
File: goals.jpg (134KB, 1200x916px) Image search: [Google]
goals.jpg
134KB, 1200x916px
If I'm 5'6 how much weight should I be aiming for to get this kind of physique? And around 10% bodyfat?
>>
>>42636182
that looks like a girl with no boobs
>>
>>42636182

LONDON
>>
>>42636182

ugnhhh pls trap with rainbow socks
>>
>>42635966
How many calories a day do you currently eat? Eat 20% less than that.
>>
just started getting calluses from deadlifting (been doing SL a month and a half, up to 185lbs). they're just like, small ovals immediately below the bottom crease of the fingers. is this where they're supposed to be? I'd kind of assumed it'd be more across the area in between the finger creases and the top crease of the palm

wondering basically does this indicate I'm holding the bar right or wrong. I'm finding it hard to hold onto and like it's too much on my fingers, but maybe this is normal (grill so grip strength sucks, I'm doing grip work after my work set to try to make up for it though)
>>
>>42636457
You're fine.
>>
>>42636457
Did you read the deadlift section of Stronglifts? It tells you exactly how to grip the bar and personally helped me a lot

If you do grip it right though it's just an aftermath of lifting and happens to everyone, no way around it

Oh and also if you are doing grip work don't do them on deadlift day, I do farmer walks after my rows which has helped a lot
>>
>>42634817
retard form kys
>>
Not really fit related but how the hell do I get ride of darj circles under my eyes? I have had them for years now and usually wear glasses to help cover them up but I am getting contacts soon. Does looking at a screen 6+ hours a day have an affect?
>>
>>42636490
>>42636494
ty anons

and I'd been after my deadlifts deloading to 135 and doing three sets of one just trying to hold it as long as possible. it probably does make more sense to do it on the other day though since I want to do chins right after deadlifts
>>
What's the ideal bf% for a 5'8'' man in is late 20's before starting a bulk? currently at around 15%.
>>
>>42636339
Idk desu but last time I tried moderating how much I ate I was ~1800 calories so I guess I probably eat ~2000 when I am not checking
>>
>>42635152
>biceps are the stronger elbow flexor
you brachioradialis is lagging, isn't it?
>>
I usually have 400-500 calories leftover in a day for a final meal/snack before bed. What is something good and filling to eat?
>>
>>42637877
I always have Greek yogurt and walnuts since 2 years or so everyday
>>
>>42636963
As long as you're not either very fat or very, very lean, it's a subjective decision.
Personally, because I've been very lean at times, I know that whenever I don't have a clearly visible biceps vein, I'm getting too fat.
>>
>>42634817

So my diet of 3k calories consist of

>500ml milk
>100g oats
>2 tablespoon of pb
>2 pieces of loafs
>2 meals that are roughly 500-700 calories

I'm left with around 500 calories, how can I easily fill that out?
>>
What are some routines for pumping up your ohp numbers? Like if I don't give a fuck about anything else and I just want to strict press 100kg overhead, is there a program for that? Google's giving me nothing.
>>
What makes an effective set of sets?

Example; i do 3x8 bench

first set, do all 8 fine, struggle on the last rep
second set, do all 8 fine, but really struggling on the last rep
final set, get to about 5-6 reps and cant to any more

Has that been an effective end to the workout?
>>
File: p01bfjpf.jpg (72KB, 976x549px) Image search: [Google]
p01bfjpf.jpg
72KB, 976x549px
>mild aching pain in both elbows and wrists
>Exacerbated by random movements both pulling and pushing

Does anyone know what this is? I'm taking a week to rest it and am taking fish oil and NSAIDS. I don't wanna sit out for more weeks brehs.
>>
>>42635505

Pick a day. Weigh yourself every week on that day after you wake up.
>>
>>42638611
You should plan your sets better so you don't miss reps. You are risking injury
>>
>>42638408
you can super easily fill that out with nuts. That's barely 100g of nuts of your choice and nuts are so easy to eat
>>
If my right arm gives up before my left arm on OHP/chinup/bench press, does that mean my right arm is weaker or stronger (shifting more of the load to the right side)? Incidentally my right shoulder is also winging a bit (so is my left but right side moreso).

I'm stalling on all of those I mentioned because my right arm gives up while my left arm still feels fine.
>>
File: 1367798779611.jpg (86KB, 620x840px) Image search: [Google]
1367798779611.jpg
86KB, 620x840px
how long does it take to adjust to a new calorie intake after 12 months of a deficit?
I'm eating up to maintenance calories but it's not enough, I'm still hungry to the point of binging so it's not something I can do long term
should I lose more weight so it doesn't matter too much if I go over?
>>
File: 543645764543.png (21KB, 951x357px) Image search: [Google]
543645764543.png
21KB, 951x357px
>great workout yesterday
>lots of nice food afterwards
>today woke up with diarrhea
>leaking liters out
Are my gains gone and effort wasted?
>>
I think i accidentaly send dick pics to some gay guy posing as a girl

I feel like an moron but i don't think any harm will come from it
>>
File: 40g.jpg (158KB, 686x461px) Image search: [Google]
40g.jpg
158KB, 686x461px
>>42635043
40g protein before and after..
>>
say you somehow land a qt gf out of your league, do you just go along for the ride and expect a breakup eventually?

(During the relationship you still keep working to improve yourself regardless)
>>
>>42635202
Knees out at 30 degrees EACH, feet the same, keep those knees forced open on the way back up, don't let them collapse, deload as much as you need until it feels natural. Then as you build the weight back up you'll get a _little_ knee collapse on the hardest reps but you must resist manfully and don't add weight till you fix it.

Even then your knee pain may take a dew weeks to go down. If it's really painful you might need a complete break for a month or two. Knees are a bitch.

I also wear knee sleeves for squats; they help a bit but the key thing is form. I'm up to 3 x 140kg now (working on 5 x), had bad knee pain early on at more like 90kg, so I'm speaking from moderate experience.
>>
>>42635905>>42635263
>>42635263
>>42635263
>>42635263
help

yeh but I was asking how to put the rack pulls and/or power shrugs into it
>>
>>42638642
Double-check that your hands aren't bending back too far in any pressing lift (bench, ohp, or even dips). If they are, deload & fix, and note it can take a few weeks for the soreness to go down.
>>
former fatass here, currently hungry skelly
how do I motivate myself to lift?
I hate it, I don't know how to form a cohesive regiment, don't really have any equipment except a couple pussy dumbells

I'm glad I'm not fat any more but being aushwitz mode living off a salad a day isn't how I want to live my life

I hear stories of people who would never in their wildest dreams have thought that they actually enjoyed going to the gym and I keep hoping that it would happen to me too, but it hasn't
>>
>>42639279
Don't miss out on something awesome because you're too afraid of rejection, but also don't go into it expecting it to end badly. If you do that, you'll just end up fucking yourself over and she will for sure leave you.
>>
Is doing reverse and hammer curls enough extensor work to prevent golfers elbow and such? I curl (and skullcrush) an awful lot and am kinda worried, but I get no definite answer from anybody, it’s either lul shut up curlz for the gurlz or omg even two bicep isolation sets a week will cripple you in like a month.

>inb4 just do less arm volume nigga
I’m a stocky cunt, I need bigger arms or I will look like Mr. Potatohead at some point.
>>
how do strong guys and ripped guys feel about skeles working out in the gym? my gym has a bunch of ripped people working out all the time and it feels bad to be the smallest and feels even worst when people have to remove their pl8 from the bench because i can't even bench a pl8 for reps.
>>
>>42639958
Really depends on the person, not how strong/ripped they are. I personally try to help the weaklings and noobs because I know the feel from when I started, but we also have assholes in my gym who openly chortle and chuckle at fat guys on the treadmill or skellies squatting half a pl8.
>>
>>42635057
And rows for complete work out.

Squat, bench, row one day

Dead, ohp, pull up 2 days later.

Repeat.
>>
>>42639457
If you want i will personally coach you to my fullest extent possible. Just think of a way we can contact eachother.
>>
>>42639958
Everybody gotta start somewhere
>>
>>42639958
as a fellow skelly:

#1 is to focus on your own progress and give 0 fucks about anyone/anything else.

Try going to the gym at off peak times, when few people are there.

Try switching gyms to a one where you are more comfortable. If it's slightly less convenient in terms of commute times/price, I think it's worth it to help you get the most out of your training.
>>
>>42634817
look at torso angle. it gets horizontal then outta nowhere it goes into being vertical mid lift. then look at the legs they go back like a back squat but then you get to a point where you drive them forward. kinda like you're driving your femurs into your knees.
>>
>>42639991

I started out massively skelly at 56kg 173cm and a few months later I'm at 61kg, I'm still pretty skinny even though my lifts went up. I'm trying to slow bulk to avoid fat gains but I'm really tempted to just eat a shit load to get big fast, even though it would be mostly fat..
Most people are very polite in the gym so that's good though , but I still feel insecure naturally.

>>42640087
Yeah I have thought about going off peak, it would have to be early morning though
>>
>>42640228
Eat moar. Easier to cut excess fat than to build quality muscle.
>>
Is 3x FB efficient or just a meme? How do the results compare to, for example, PHUL?
>>
>>42640283
PHUL is rather advanced in comparison, 3x (sanely programmed) FB is adequate frequency and volume to reap those schweet noob gains. Not say you cannot do either in whatever stage of your training life, but you need to finetune shit then.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1484108267142.jpg (45KB, 800x615px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1484108267142.jpg
45KB, 800x615px
>>42639870
bump
>>
>>42640303
I've been training for almost 2 years now but don't lurk much, so I should just stick to PHUL right?
>>
I'm ill and can't workout. Ill enough that my GP called an ambulance and I had to spend the day in hospital for chest xrays and blood tests.

How long will it take for me to lose gains from inactivity, providing I continue to take in good macros and the right amount of protein?
>>
Is sweat a good indicative that I am losing fat while cardio?
>>
>>42640384
Sweat is a good indicator that you're exerting effort. You don't just "lose fat" because you're doing cardio.

Losing body fat is largely diet related anyway. No point in doing cardio if your diet is still shit outside it; and yes, that includes macros, not just calories.
>>
Is there a faster way to get back into a bulk, than adding 200 calories pr week?
It's gonna take me over a month before i can bulk for real again if i can only add 200 calories..
>>
>>42640352
If those 2 years were with a somewhat consistent program that had you max out on your linear progression for all its worth, then yes do PHUL (or PHAT depending on your goals). Good stuff, just not for the novice trainees imho.
>>
>>42634817
reminder to break your knees at start of the squat instead of at bottom... what the fuck how do you fuck that part up
>>
>>42635954
Just lift dipshit.
Get 1/2/3/4 lifts, then move on to PPL.

Check out David Laid. He's also 6'2
>>
>>42635059
Only one of these is correct
>>
>>42640530
He is also not natty
>>
>>42640408
Literally just add more. 250-300 per week if you just want to speed up, 400-500 if you have no regards for fat gain. Just make sure that you dont go from (assumed) deficit to huge surplus overnight because that will fuck your digestion and in turn sleep and workouts.
>>
If I do db bench instead of bb bench for a few months will I lose strength on my bb bench?
>>
>>42640731
nope, but carryover is not 1:1 so do not go too heavy too fast when you resume bb benching
>>
>>42635043
Legit, nobody really gives a shit. But I'm proud and frankly have no friends so I want to blog about it here for a moment.

I shaved 40seconds off my time from five weeks ago. And I'm not running normally, I'm just working out and doing these once a month. I wish I started using this board sooner.

>>42639236
Will do this next round. Thanks.
>>
Is 5 sets of 3 any good for strength gains, or should I just keep wait the same until I can manage 3 sets of 5?
>>
>>42640851
>wait
Meant weight
>>
>>42640851
Depends on if you're lifting your 3rm. 5x3 is definitely well within the strength spectrum of lifting
>>
>>42640879
I assume it's my 3rm for now because my arms give out when I try rep 4.
>>
I'm 215 lb and I can't do a pullup.

What should my bench/OHP/Barbell row stats look like before I start seriously trying?
>>
>>42640941
Do negative pullups.
>>
>>42640941
I should add that all my stats are shit (like 1.25 pl8 bench) but I can still do up to 5 pull ups at 200 lbs.
>>
>>42640941
Fully s and chins are excercises that require you doing them often to get your numbers up e.g rippletits can do 19 strict chins and he's a balding fatass 55 year old.
>>
>>42641006
Pull ups*
>>
I'm not making any gains on SS. Do I need more calories or more protein?
>>
>>42641076
You'd have to post how many calories youre getting, how much protein, and your height and weight. Sleep might also be an issue.
>>
File: IMG_20170822_000103.jpg (84KB, 634x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170822_000103.jpg
84KB, 634x960px
>>42640972
>>42640998
>>42641006

thanks bros. have a pic of my future wife
>>
you guys know any decent quick cake recipes or something? got like 1K kcals to waste since my macros are basically 80% done and got nothing but healthy foods aka no junk food back home
>>
I'm on holiday and have conjunctivitis and can't really go to the gym. At what point do I start losing gains (especially mass) keeping in mind I still eat at a surplus. Could I survive another 2 weeks with minimal loss?
>>
How can i murder my brother without being caught?
>>
>>42641139
Significant muscle loss takes months as long as you get your protons
>>
do you guys pull the bar from the floor for an ohp or from a rack
>>
File: 20170826_115226.jpg (859KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170826_115226.jpg
859KB, 2560x1440px
Is my grip wrong? This is mainly from pull ups and deadlifts, there's almost no callous at the base of my pointer finger on either hand.
>>42641273
I think doing it from the floor is more fun but it doesn't matter that much.
>>
>>42641273
Doing a clean before you overhead press helps your body become accustomed to the weight a little more, but it can also tire you out if you're doing it with anywhere near maximal weight
>>
>>42641156
Stab with frozen filed down meat, eat meat, optionally eat brother too.
>>
>>42641273
I do it from a rack, if you start from the floor you'll probably get tired faster.
>>
>>42641156
poison him

you need to do it with the right kind of poison, so it looks like he got sick.
>>
>>42641273
from the rack at chest height
because i'm doing ohp
>>
I did heavy snatch grip push presses and it looks like I fucked up my wrist (barbell slipped off my traps while holding the bar) . Hurts when rotating my hand and it hurts at the pinky side. Anyone has any idea?
>>
File: spongebob.png (504KB, 716x643px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob.png
504KB, 716x643px
Despite hitting chest regularly, it's not growing at the same rate as my arms so my arms look bigger than the rest of my body (I look like a fucking curlbro). Should I stop trainning arms for a bit?
>>
Can there be something like too much grip? I know one should squeeze the bar hard for stability and lower arm gains, but I get a downright sickening forearm pump from all my heavy pulling and most of my pressing to a point it hurts for hours, that cant be healthy at this point. Am I just overthinking shit?
>>
Would I get severe imbalances if I just deadlifted every other day? Would my body be able to recover fast enough? I just want a fucking solid core/posterior chain, don't care about arms, shoulders, chest
>>
>>42634817
Your biceps, upper back, hip flexors, lateral and posterior delts
>>
>>42635505
My weight literally varies by up to 5 pounds in a day, its water weight. Weigh yourself when you wake up for more consistency and don't sweat one pound changes.
>>
How do you guy eat oats? I'm trying them because I've always read they're good for you but I had to force about half of it down.
>>
>>42635481
Replace rice with lentils and start eating white mushrooms.
>>
>>42636075
>think bench hits delts hard enough.
Come on anon lets be real here
>>
File: 20170826_133145.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170826_133145.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>42641288
Nope, that just happens
>>
>>42642790
t. benches a pl8 or less
>>
I need help, /fit/

I have gotten decently far on my squat and deadlift in the last three months but I'm starting to feel that my core, especially the abs are lagging. What would you recommend I add to my workouts besides situps? I don't feel I get much out of those. I'm also limited on time in the gym since I workout before work in the morning. I have about an hour and a half total.

I started with doing SS in its strictest form, power cleans and all. Now I am in phase three but I'm not seeing an opportunity for any core isolation in the book unless I am just blind to it. Should I move one to an intermediate routine? I don't really feel like I'm ready.

Stats:
Height: 5'11 (Manlet king)
Weight: 210lbs
Lowbar: 315
Deadlift: 375
Bench: 185
OHP: lmao 1pl8
Clean: 215 ( form is whack)
Chinups: 3x10 bodyweight ( I have no way to go weighed)

I do the lifts exactly as instructed by the book. I figured as a begginer it would be best to follow one person's advice rather that incorporating things from several different people.
>>
>>42643325
>>
>>42642780
>white mushrooms.
why not brown?

I actually enjoy portobello mushrooms
>>
>>42643200
Lol my max is 335,you have never lifted in your life if you think bench is all you need. Go back to whatever board you came from.
>>
>>42643456
You have fallen for my ruse, friend, h-heh
>>
>>42643433
Because those are lower in protein.
>>
>>42643521
>>
File: 397.jpg (262KB, 651x1600px) Image search: [Google]
397.jpg
262KB, 651x1600px
>>42643521
Right
>>
>>42643643
didnt know
but apparently, the darker they are the more Vit D they have
>>
File: nicky gile2.jpg (82KB, 614x768px) Image search: [Google]
nicky gile2.jpg
82KB, 614x768px
>>42639279
ride it out as long as you can but always assume she can dump you fast so keep improving yourself.
>>42639327
do rack pulls after deadlift. go for 5x10 for rackpulls and you will get great traps. dont need to go as heavy as or higher than what you did for deadlift.
>>42639457
go everyday and see it as something to do. eventually you will look forward to it. took me about 6 months to truly like it.
>>42640317
hammer curls help with elbow flexion, esp the brachialous or whatever it its called. i would do hammer curls and reg curls 3-5x10 every other day and see if it helps your elbow.
>>42640377
2 weeks for atrophy.
>>42640941
lose weight then work up by adding weight to your pullup. i could do a pull up until i was at 185lbs.
>>42641451
>I did heavy snatch grip push presses and it looks like I fucked up my wrist (barbell slipped off my traps while holding the bar
you are literally making up exercises. why are you snatch gripping a push press and why is it on your traps? a push press shouldnt touch your traps.
>>42641532
do dumbbell bench and cable flies, chest will catch up.
>>42642564
overthinking. forearm doms feels worse than it actually is as you cant move your hand.
>>42642606
wouldnt recover fast enough evntually. dl is heaviest hit to CNS.
>>42642777
cook them for 2 min then add brown sugar.
>>42643341
do sit ups but only if you can do them from a decline (similar to decline bench press seat). do ab wheel too.
>>
>>42643760
no not doms, those are fine. the actual pump hurts, feels pretty skin splitting in a not good way. but yeah I guess I overthink it, theyre growing nicely and function normally outside the gym so why bother, kek
>>
>>42643760
Glad to hear, love me some heavy hammer curling.

I have no actual elbow problems yet, I just get paranoid because too many curls & crushers = elbow death is a recurrent meme among gym folks here. Will try your approach, thanks lad.
>>
Skinny fat fag here. Left all excuses aside and made time between work and uni to get better. I was told to do some lean bulk with a variation of SS 3 days a week, and apparently I need to hit 147g of protein, 77g of fat and 372g of carbs a day (I used some macros calculator online). I'm a 5'7'' manlet and 66.6 kg. Would you guys agree with this? I've asked around and done some research online and this is what I've gather, but I could really use some actual advice from someone who knows what the fuck is talking about. And if this is correct, what diet do you guys recommend me to follow? Sorry for the gay english, Im from some gay country.
>>
File: bok rugby.png (319KB, 332x400px) Image search: [Google]
bok rugby.png
319KB, 332x400px
Is 2/3/4/5 achievable 100% natty? symmetric strength implies its beyond the genetic potential of most males w/o performance enhancers
>>
>>42635043
stay extremely hydrated all morning and pee before you run if you can
>>
>>42644040
Achievable in 2 years strength training
I'm living proof
>>
>>42644040
>/4/5
for sure, after 2+ years of serious training

>2/3
maybe not
>>
adductor tightness is killing me, how do I stretch those fuckers out?
>>
>>42644076
even the 2/3, which this anon >>42644082
believes isnt possible?
>>
>>42644040
I'd say even the 3/4/5 is achievable for most people. The 2, highly doubtful.
>>
>>42644040
2pl8 OHP and 5pl8 dl are both going to be pretty challenging to achieve, even with favorable leverages. But all are achievable naturally
>>
>>42644040
Yes. I started as a skinny twink and I'm at 1.5/2.5/4.5/6. 2 plate ohp is the hardest, but achievable with persistence. My upper body lifts are behind lower body because of non lifting related injuries. I'm just a skinny faggot with small frame and joints that learned to lift from the internet.
>>
When squatting or deadlifting, do I push my abs out or try to suck them in and flex them?
>>
Does anyone here use Anytime Fitness?
I have a family member who has a membership(part of their health insurance) they don't use, and I want to use their card since I'm poor.
Do they check IDs during staffed hours, or is it just swipe your card and nobody cares as long as you are working out?
>>
>>42644186
I've literally never even heard of them checking IDs. Lifted in several locations in different states.
>>
>>42644182
watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzGOcEuct54
>>
>>42638856
Either your right arm is weaker or your form is messed up.
>>
Mates, I'm running 5x5 with some assistance excercises and cardio
This is my 6 month results. Please tell me if they're good or not
Bench 60kg 3x5
OHP 50kg 5x5
Squat 75 5x5
Deadlift 105 1x5
Pendlay row 60kg 5x5
Are these bad?
My weight is 80kg and I'm 18 years old.
>>
Is 400 ng/dl low test?
>>
>>42644343
How much weight have you gained over that period?
>>
>>42644373
About 5 kg. Should I be depressed that my noob gains are shit?
>>
>>42644363
You are at the cusp of low test
>>
>>42644389
Try eating more.
>>
>>42644343
OHP is alright, but the rest is pretty shit. Your bench shouldn't be that close to your OHP.
>>
>>42644404
I will. Are these bad gains?
>>
>>42644410
Great, now I'm upset.
>>
>>42644443
Just because your progress has been suboptimal thus far, that doesn't mean you can't turn it around. Take a look at your program, diet, rest, form, sleep, motivation and all around quality of life. A lot of things can have a negative impact on your progress as a whole. You can start by identifying the issues and make a change for better progress in the future.

One thing that is almost certainly holding you back is your form. You may think your form is good, but there are probably some minor mistakes that make a huge difference. For example, what I see a lot in the gym when people do chest exercises (both free weight and machines) is not pushing the shoulders back with the chest being pushed forward. You need to position yourself in such a way that the main muscle that you are working is at its max capacity of strength output. Even 3x5 should give you somewhat of a chest pump if done correctly.
>>
>>42634817
what the fuck is this guy doing
>>
>>42644557
The Virgin Squat.
>>
>>42639222
Happens all the time to me. I think i know why some dudes in my area stare at me. They never say shit or try anything but i think they have seen my dick dl fags. Eh. Atleast they could tell one of their straight gfs so i could get some pussy out of it.
>>
What do you goys think of the Greyskull LP?
>>
>>42644443
Don't give up you fucking faggot
You're still only 18, you have all the time in the world to progress. Don't make this some sort of race, keep at it.
>>
>>42640087
This. Also having a home gym setup starting out is a blessing, it is probably the best gift a dad could get his son and it is like a one way ticket to alphamode.
>>
>>42635043
2/3 breakfast 2 hours before you run,and a spoon of sugar or an energy gel 5 minutes before you start running.
>>
>>42635125
I am. Seems like everything is on it's own rhythm... like each body part is on a laggimg server
>>
How to get my triceps huge? My triceps only looks good when flexed, otherwise my arms looks dyel.
>>
>>42634817
>If I do only Deadlifts and bench, really get my numbers up, what body parts will be lagging?
you need a vertical pulling exercise,for example pullups or lat pulldowns and an exercise for your abs (eg planks or situps) to counter your overtrained lower back.
>>
>>42644692
parallel bar dips without leaning too much forward,keep it to 8-12 reps
overhead dumbbell extension,one arm at a time
dumbbell kickbacks
worked pretty well for me
>>
How can I do pullups if my house doesn't have any doorframes to mount the bar to?
>>
>>42644395
Should I try TRT?
>>
>>42644711
Use the actual door just make sure to put something under the door to support it/stop it from moving around
>>
>>42635481
Peanut butter x-tra crunchy
milled flax seed
hemp seeds (can put on salads, shake)
>>
File: DSC_0429.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0429.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>42644711
just mount it on the wall.if you're obese and you dont swing like a fag it will never move.
i do dead hang pullups on this pullup bar for the last 4 years,2 times a week for sets of 15.
>>
>>42644757
if you aren't obese*
>>
>>42644710
You do all of the above on triceps days? Atm for my Upper days I have only 1 exercise for triceps.

Should I just add these to my Lower days too so I'm hitting my tri 4x a week?
>>
>>42644789
if you want to focus more on your arms it would be better to try P/P/L for a couple of weeks.easier to fit these exercises in a push pull legs routine.
>>
>>42644800
Is there a PPL for 4/5 days? 6 days seems a bit overkill for me esp when I'm starting 2nd year uni soon.
>>
So im lactose intolerant and i want to get a weight gainer any recommendation?
>>
>>42644846
you can do it like this
DAY1 UPPER
DAY2 LOWER
DAY3 REST
DAY4 PUSH
DAY5 PULL
DAY6 LEGS
DAY7 REST
repeat?
>>
>>42644885
Thx bro, that gave me some ideas. I will try and condense my workout into that format.
>>
>>42645037
may the gains be with you
>>
>>42645059
y-you too...
>>
I'm 5'11 165 lbs and hit 3x5 195 lbs on bench (all the way down no spotter) is that decent?

Also, chick at the gym repping 315 deadlifts with good form. What the fuck?
>>
File: 1503536927569.jpg (11KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1503536927569.jpg
11KB, 256x256px
>>42634817
I'm following a PPL routine from an app I found, since I don't have anyone to spot me I do every barbell exercise with dumbells instead. Is this bad in any way or it doesn't matter?
>>
>>42645094
Work on your social gains and ask for a spot.
>>
>>42645094
if you only care about hypertrophy it doesnt matter at all.if you want strength gains you will eventually need a spotter.
until you hit 2pl8s you can always lift responsibly with proper form and just do the roll of shame if you fail.just dont overestimate yourself.
>>
>>42645094
You don't need a spotter, stop being a pussy.
>>
What am I supposed to eat when on keto for a few days a week? I'm fat, not just cutting.

Internet research says
>Anything lol
>Normal calories but no carbs
>Normal calories but no more than 25% protein or you fail keto
>Normal calories entirely through fatty red meat
>Nothing, just water
>Only bone broth and tablespoonfuls of salt and supplements

Fucking which is it.
>>
>>42645457
why the fuck would you do keto? you like fad diets?
just have a varied diet with low calories and work out.its THAT simple.why dont fatties ever understand..
>>
I've started using a belt during my heavy deadlifts, but it leads to a feeling of pressure inside my head when I brace and lift, like the tension I'm holding in my abdomen moves up behind my eyes. After my third hard rep (I use the belt for sets of 3, don't do singles) I'll basically be seeing white and will have to sit down for a minute to collect myself. In spite of this, I'm able to do the lifts without any real pain, and my form is fine.
I'm just worried that this could lead to negative things, like a vein or eye popping or something. That's what it feels like.
>>
>>42635031
>>42635125
>>42635179
>>42644678
putting the knees forward once the hips are at max rom lets him get more depth, he's just not doing it smoothly. sometimes the hip muscles will be too tight and cause the back to round too early, or his leg to torso ratio just won't balance unless he's over his toes. watch clarence squat, he does the same thing with 500+ pounds on his back
>>
My left knee hurts really bad after highbar squats or leg press. I use every cue I can to try and stop this pain but no matter what, it comes back.

I was thinking lowbar would fix it but even the leg press hurts it so I'm not sure.

Anything I can do to prevent this?
>>
I'm recovering from a lower-back injury, and while I can't get back in the gym yet, what's good to modify my routine for it? Most of the time it doesn't hurt, but when I try to pick up a heavy object or when I'm sitting down, I feel the pain. I'm taking antiinflammatory medicine and am doing a form of yoga with physical therapy techniques built in (DDP Yoga) to heal up, but once I'm able to get back in, what's a good way to approach my return?

For context, I was new to the gym when it happened, just a few months into SS. I did the yoga program for a long time before starting, though, so I wasn't going in as a complete blob of nothing, at least.
>>
I just had blood in my cum second day in a row, wikipedia says its bening at my age what the fuck do I do bros.

Is this common?
>>
>>42646283
I'd see a doctor dude
>>
>>42644040
lmfao you guys are something fuckin else man
5-6pl8 deadlift is well within the possible natty strength spectrum. there are also many people that have used linear progression all the way up to 200kg squats for reps. Fuck even i achieved 2pl8 bench for reps at 5'11 195 in the 2nd of 3 stages on a novice PL program with some moderate effort. neck yourself weakling
>>
>>42638642
sounds like tendonitis or something related to it
>>
Any place I can go for meal prepping ideas?
>>
>>42644757
If gonna do this, make sure its attached to two studs. Would be quite silly if you swing and bring down all the drywall.
>>
>>42646283
Nigger what? So, blood comes out of your dick and the first thing you do is check wikipedia??

Please promise me that you will never attempt to procreate.
>>
When calculating your cutting diet, when do you add the deficit into the equation? Before you calc prot, fats, carbs?
>>
>>42644040
Absolutely. I'm living proof. My current lifts are:

Bench 335x4
The Press - 205x5
Squats - 425x5
Diddly - 565x2

Took about two years give or take. I'm 6'4" 240lbs at the moment.
>>
>>42645094
i dont need a spotter. i usually just drop the bar at the lower bar hook if i cant lift it.
>>
>>42635102
Rows over chins any day
>>
>>42646090
Form most likely. Low bar fucks up your lower back and/or your elbows
>>
Anyone ever injured their tailbone?

I fell on my ass down stone steps a week and a half ago and my ass/tailbone still feels quite bruised. I can't squat or do anything that involves bending. I know it'll heal eventually and it doesn't feel like I need to go to the doctor, it's mild manageable pain, but I know I'll 100% make it worse if I work out. I tried benching and just working upper body and it made it worse.

How long does something like this take to heal? I feel like even another week won't be enough.
>>
>>42647408
Yeah you'll at least be as tall as your dad. You're only 16 man. Get enough sleep and food.
>>
>>42647544

>Yeah you'll at least be as tall as your dad. You're only 16 man. Get enough sleep and food.

Not necessarily, tall men breeding with short women is how manlets are born..
>>
>>42647544
>>42647554
I just wanna make it to 6'0, i can work with that
>>
I'm starting to lift tomorrow, after lurking here for a while, I've decided to begin lifting to better myself.
Only problem is, I can't bench press 1pl8
Any tips to get stronger enough to that point?
>>
>>42647554
BS anon, my mom is 5'2 and my dad is 6'1. I'm 6'0 currently. I don't think that's the problem
>>
Why are my squats lagging? I can dl 320 lbs but can only squat 165. My form is perfect according to my female pt.
>>
>>42647564
It also depends on your grandfathers' heights. I have some tall ass grandads which is why me and my cousin are taller than our relatively short parents.
>>
>>42647572
1. Eat food.
2. Lift.
I went from a 1pl8 max to 2pl8x3 in 6 months. Eat a lot of fucking food and lift 3-4 times per week. Your body will respond.
>>
>>42647579
Where / how are you failing in your rep?
>>
>>42647647
At the very bottom- I can't move more than an inch maybe and ditch the bar.
>>
>>42635202
You might have a leg length discrepancy, like me.

Makes my lower back hurts on one side too
>>
>>42647670
Deep squats are new territory for most people whereas deadlifts and shallow squats look more like stuff you've been doing a lot outside the gym as well. Therefore it's quite normal to be relatively week in the bottom of the squat.
Lots of people have success using a pause in the bottom. Of course this will limit the weight you can use even more, but simply spending more time where you're weak will build extra strength specific to this range of motion.

>>42647721
>You might have a leg length discrepancy
This has nothing to do with being weak in the bottom of a squat.

>Makes my lower back hurts on one side too
...and most likely has nothing to do with your back pain as well. That's what doctors used to think 10 years ago.
>>
For a complete beginner, how far will I get with just Push ups, pull ups, squats and sit ups?

Also, whenever I do pull ups I do them to the point where I physically can't do any more, yet I don't feel it in my muscles as I would after any other workout, is this right?
>>
Does training neck cause sleep apnea?
>>
>>42647537
bamp
>>
>>42647537
yea if you're not getting radiating pain should be fine in a few weeks, if u are you probably should get your back checked out
>>
>>42648180
Large neck size has been linked to sleep apnea, but whether that means having a large neck actually causes it is unclear.
Having a very high BMI is also linked to sleep apnea, and a big neck usually accompanies large body size in general.

Anyway, if you're a regular person, I doubt neck training is ever going to cause you any trouble at all. If you're an NFL linebacker it may be a different story.

>>42648160
As a rule of thumb, to continue making gains you need to two things:

1. Sufficently challenging exercise

2. Apply the principle of progressive overload i.e. keep increasing your performance over time

Theoretically you could continue to make progress for years with just those exercises if you keep the 2 items above in mind. Strong emphasis on theoretically though. And I'm not saying it would be the most efficient way of doing things.

But to give you some practical advice; keep doing more and more and more over time. If you're doing e.g. 75 total pull-ups on a weekly basis now, in a month you should be doing maybe 85 on a weekly basis. Continue to progress like this, but take it slow.
When an exercise because so easy you can crank out 30+ reps per set, find a way to make it more challenging. For push-ups you can lift your feet, tuck your elbow, take a closer hand position, slow the tempo. For pull-ups you can wear a backpack with books for example.
>>
1 month into SL 5x5
Is it too soon to start taking creatine?
>>
>>42646187
bill Starr Deadlift rehab

https://billstarrr.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/rehabbing-lower-back.html?m=1
>>
>>42648527
No.
>>
Looking for feedback on progress, been lifting for about 6 months and the current stats are

DB bench 32 kg 3x8
DB OHP 20 kg 3x8
Bulgarian split squat 70 kg 3x8
Weighted pullups 10 kg 3x6
DB rows 38 kg 3x8

I'm currently at 90 kg, 5kg up from where I started. I have a feeling I may have to eat more but I don't mind slower progress if that means leaner gains
>>
>>42648555
Thanks
Im gonna go buy some creatine right now!
>>
>>42648533
I'll give that a read, thanks.
>>
>>42647572
follow a beginner strength program consistently (don't skip a single day, etc.), and eat a lot. Don't worry about how much you can lift, what's important is that you are lifting.
>>
>>42639202
just stay hydrated, im pretty sure diarrhea doesnt damage gains but it saps water out of your body.
>>
Being fucking socially retarded and a twink, what kind of program (with no material other than my body needed) should I follow to gain a few pounds and, the most important, make my muscles appear to become a twink with nice muscles?
>>
>>42648607
The issue with diarreah isn't losing water, which is easily solvable by anyone, it's losing electrolytes.
>>
>>42648635
Twink as in gay and skelly or twink as in just skelly?
>>
>>42648645
I said twink to give an idea of my appearance
~1m80 and 58 kg
>>
>>42648678
Just get any bodyweight routine and eat a truckload.
I'm 2cm shorter than you but I weight 15 kgs more m8.
>>
>>42646046
Clarence is
>on roids
>much more experienced than this dyel
>performs knee slide correctly
>still has a nagging knee issue
There is no reason to be doing this janky ass fucked up weird ultra knee slide half way through the squat. He is bringing his back angle vertical when his hips are already at his knees and it's generally retarded. Kid needs coached.
>>
Opinion on Mutant Whey(tm)?
It's pretty cheap where I live
>>
>>42648693
Yeah like everybody around me. Even my bones are thin. I'll try to find an easy routine, I don't especially want to gain a lot of mass
>>
>>42647408
>this nigga is 16
I can hear the police sirens already.
>>
File: Phrak's Greyskull LP Variant.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
Phrak's Greyskull LP Variant.png
47KB, 547x465px
>>42647628
Not the same anon, but do you think that's achievable on something like phrak's greyskull?
>>
why does it feel like I'm developing a second chin after:
a)eating fat or sugary
b)stuffing myself with healthy food

It makes me paranoid I swear I feel something depositing right there. I'm not fat by the way
>>
>>42636182
would suck you no homo
>>
>>42646046
Nope, Clarence does it necessarily to reach depth much more extreme than OPs webm. That guy just doesn't know or want to bounce out of the bottom and would rather jerk the knees back to generate upward momentum. What it looks like is someone afraid to go deep and trust in the bounce.

Plus, his hips don't travel in a straight line as they should because of this problem, whereas Clarence's do except at that extreme depth i mentioned where practically no one but 8 year old girls who do gymnastics can.

It's a bad squat
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-12-02-54-18.png (2MB, 1440x1664px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-12-02-54-18.png
2MB, 1440x1664px
>>42648556
>>
>>42647521
Absolute bullshit

Low bar is easier to cheat by shooting the hips up which is the cause of the back problems. Proper hip drive and attention to form makes it very hard for the lower back to be a main muscle, even with awkward leverages and a low deadlift.
>>
>>42647579
>according to my female PT
>PT
you have no feedback yet. why the fuck do you have a PT anyway, they're for intimidated office moms
>>
>>42650634
This so much. The guy in the webm does NOT knee slide on purpose, just seems that his only cue for squat form is to slam your knees back hard, ignore your heels, glutes and hip flexors entirely as if you had none.
>>
>>42650689
*back and forth
>>
What MP3 Player do you guys all use for the gym? I used to just use my phone, but I got a new job that actually won't allow me to have my phone on me while working, so I'd like to get something small for the gym and to listen to music and audiobooks at work.

I remember /g/ was crazy about a Sansa Clip something, but it seems that model has been discontinued.
>>
>>42634817
quads, side delts, rear delts, lats, biceps

throw in a fuck ton of pulling work, some lateral raises and face pulls, curls, and direct quad work and you will look just fine

>>42638410
Bill Starr OHP routine

>>42639958
nobody gives a fuck, if i see someone who looks like they're made out of pipecleaners but they're putting in an honest effort i respect it because i was once also alienmode
>>
>>42646283
wtf, go to a doctor, you have eternal bleeding
>>
File: 1502931252123.png (10KB, 449x602px) Image search: [Google]
1502931252123.png
10KB, 449x602px
>>42646283
reading your post i imagined spurdo posting on /fit/ about blood shooting out of benis
>>
>>42646283
Are GP appointments covered by your country's general healthcare? I would assume it is right even if you're american?

Just go have it checked out bruh, worst case you get to impress a doctor with the size of your schlong.
>>
how detrimental is it to completely replace squats with DL?
>>
>>42650920
if you don't squat, you will be able to handle more deadlifting volume - so hamstrings, glutes, erectors, will not be a weakness

your main issue will be lack of quad volume, knee extension occurs in the deadlift too but not through the same range of motion as a squat (sumo is slightly closer, but still not as great of a range of motion as a squat) so you will have to do direct quad work like leg press, machine hack squat, hip belt squat, etc.
>>
>>42638410
Greg nuckols bench routines also work for OHP. I'd suggest his 3x a week routines, starting with beginner if you're s beginner and moving to intermediate when appropriate, then advanced etc.
>>
>>42650920
You may stall early due to insufficient quad work.
>>
>>42650733
Amazon still stocks a couple, also never listen to the fat/g/uys to begin with :^) all shitposting aside, I have a Sony NWZ-B183F and I really love it. Might use some on-ears with it instead of the standard thingies it comes with.
>>
>>42651025
very unlikely that quad strength would be a limiting factor in the conventional deadlift imo, the range of motion for knee extension is so small and starts in such a mechanically superior position relative to a squat

it's like half repping a leg press
>>
>>42651098
Yeah you're probably right, read it as no quad work, not no squats.
>>
>>42650943
>can replace squat with leg press

i hear its worse for your knees but leg press is so chill i might just do it anyway
>>
Good 3x or more times a week full body routines? Time is not an issue and hitting everything more than twice a week sounds tempting
>>
Posting this here cause my thread failed. I started out doing 5x5 but despite repeated form checks, I kept hurting my back. I saw a physio and he told me to stop loading my spine and do swimming or bodyweight stuff. He also gave me stretches, which I've been doing. However, I didn't really listen to the routine advice and just tried to avoid some exercises, but my routine became kind of a mess.

Here's my routine now. I do it three time a week in an ABA BAB pattern.

Routine A
Weighted lunges 3x12 (each leg)
Bench 5x5
Supported dumbbell rows 3x12
Cable rows 3x12
Dips 3xF
Back extensions 3x10
Leg raises 4x20
20 minutes of cardio (seated bike)
Stretches

Routine B
Leg presses 3x12
Leg Curls 3x12
Leg extensions 3x12
Seated overhead press 5x5 (I know, but I don't know what to do for shoulders)
Pulls ups 3xF
Back extensions 3x10
Planks 90s, 60s, 30s
20 minutes of cardio (seated bike)
Stretches

This seems unnecessarily autistic. My back feels better than when I was doing 5x5, but it's still not pain-free. I feel like I'm also doing a lot of exercises just to look DYEL. I guess I've now given up on the idea of strength, so what's a routine that I could do 3x a week without hurting my back, while still looking good physically?
>>
>>42648944
Personally I prefer 5/3/1 to greyskull, felt like it's more focused, but greyskull is alright too. Mostly it's just about regularly lifting hard, the rep scheme doesn't matter a ton early on.
>>
File: mens_fitness_4266.jpg (11KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
mens_fitness_4266.jpg
11KB, 480x270px
I can't do Hanging Leg Raises yet. So I'm doing Hanging Knee Raises until I can strengthen my core and manage to do Leg Raises consistently.

The problem is that when I raise my knees it transforms into momentum and I start swinging back and forth. I usually have to put my legs down for a second to re-stabilize. But that makes the subsequent rep easier.

How do you avoid swinging when doing Knee raises?
>>
>>42652277
Go slower and focus on controlling your body. I've never done leg raises but I had the same issue with doing dips, going slower and controlling it helped.
>>
>>42652315
I guess that makes sense. In retrospect I mostly swing when I do the movement explosively, which usually means I'm reaching my limit.

I'll give it a shot, thanks anon.
>>
File: IMG_4673.jpg (1MB, 3088x2320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4673.jpg
1MB, 3088x2320px
Do I have any hope of being aesthetic with this fucking chest gap
>>
I know /fit/ might be biased, but I need some advice.
Should I stick with basketball and have fun but probably get injured/shin splints every couple of months or go back to lifting and be safer but bored?
>>
>>42652898
how does doing one prevent you from doing the other?
>>
File: 1489872915817.jpg (733KB, 828x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1489872915817.jpg
733KB, 828x1036px
>>42651874
Literally SS (book version) for strength and size, pic related for some strength and schweet beach body.
>>
>>42652786
rather bad but manageable, build a sickening v-taper around it and some abs below it and nobody outside of actual bb contests will care.
>>
>>42652907
Cause I have a bunch of other shit to do (40-hour work week, part-time studies, coaching basketball, GF). Also, I have tried combining them, and I was mostly too tired to lift heavy or too sore to ball properly.
>>
>>42635190
Not if you want to live. If you fail a rep, you need to be able to dump the plates off the bar.
>>
>>42653112
why not just ball and then lift like a bro

forget the heavy 3x5 squats and shit, just skip leg day entirely and play basketball, that way you at least get some of the benefits
>>
File: Untitled.png (3MB, 1787x1088px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3MB, 1787x1088px
What are these two small muscles in the forearm called?
>>
File: file.png (386KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
386KB, 900x675px
>>42653198
>>
>>42653332
So, extensor digitorum and carpi ulnaris?

If there is a dull pain in them, is it more likely due to lifting or working at the computer all day?
>>
>>42653365
if the pain is superficial, posterior and does not radiate downward towards your fingers or wrist, then you're going to have a hard time figuring out what's causing it on the internet.
>>
>>42635086
No.
You're not smart.
Deadlifts are a pulling exercise.
You use you're freaking hamstrings and back to pull the weight up.
You hinge at the hips and then shoot your hips FORWARD to use leverage to move the bar.

You are NOT to push down into the floor and drive upwards. Doing that activates your quads and makes it into basically a squat variation.
>>
>>42653431
Pretty much, only the middle third of both those black lines hurts.

Only change I made that coincides with the pain is I do pull-ups holding on to a thicker bar in my yard instead of using the standard bar at the gym. What worries me is that it's been going on for two weeks and seems to be getting worse.
>>
>>42647628
I'm the Anon from yesterday, if I'm still on a cut how will I be able to lift more? I can't eat all that big
>>
File: fc3.jpg (3MB, 3142x2162px) Image search: [Google]
fc3.jpg
3MB, 3142x2162px
>>42635086
>Don't do deadlifts as a pulling exercise
>>
>>42653586
you won't

you might make some meager gains on a cut but sustained progress won't really happen
>>
>>42653561
so there's pain when strongly gripping an object, but when you do wrist stretches there's no range of movement that triggers any pain?
>>
>>42653719
Yep, gets worse when gripping something very hard. No wrist pain or immobility.

Pretty sure it's the muscles themselves and not the tendons.
>>
>>42653878
so, as long as you avoid enough weight to prevent needing wrist stabilization, then it'll probably heal.
>>
Has anyone else ever had the gym save their lives?
>talking to cute guy on Facebook
>we both get very flirty and horny
>he wants to do naughty things to my peepee place
>WITHOUT a condom
>ohboy
>he gets so worked up he begs me to come over and fill him up
>just started going to the gym, only had a few hours before work
>either get my dick wet or chest and back day
>realize that if I skip the gym I'll never create a habit out of it
>man up, fap then gym
>two days later
>teary post on his wall about how he has HIV

Thanks, lifting.
>>
>>42654025
So, it's basically just a muscle strain? Okay, thanks.

For some reason I thought fat bars only load the underside of your forearm, guess not.
>>
File: cM0UUa.gif (2MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
cM0UUa.gif
2MB, 320x320px
>>42654042
>>
>>42635249
Started doing this 18 months ago and I've lost 45 lbs
>>
Where the fuck is /DNP/ General?
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.