[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ballet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4506.jpg (41KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4506.jpg
41KB, 683x1024px
Can a 21 year old straight male into ballet?

I want to do ballet for social and sophistication gains, as well as grills obviously, but I'm already in college and have never done it before.

Is it possible?
>>
>>42633382
Pls help has any /fit/izen done ballet or anything
>>
Not a ballet but you usually start training really young so probably not. Doesn't hurt to google it to see if something suits you though
>>
>>42633382
>straight
>ballet
sorry, pick one and only one
>>
>Can a 21 year old straight male into ballet?

not in any remotely advanced or even intermediate capacity. ballet is one of those things you start on very early in life.

>I want to do ballet for social and sophistication gains, as well as grills obviously

any time somebody says to me that they want to start on a hobby so as to appear a certain way or impress/meet girls it automatically makes me assume they are an irredeemable tool and loser in real life. my advice: save your time and money, ballet won't help you.
>>
>>42633382
haha that's gay as fuck
swimming is a great sport though
>>
>>42633382
Only if you are lucky to find a school that accepts grandpas. 21 is too old, even 15 is old.

You should ask around your area though, maybe the teacher will accept because tuition is money either way

Consider that Arnold and Van Damme took ballet to improve their skills, so is not that weird, just unorthodox.
>>
>>42633754
>>42633768

>plenty of hot chicks

HAHAHA GAY

>should I sign up for the gym
>plenty of sweating big guis

TOTALLY NOT HOMO
>>
>>42633765
Not just to impress, but broaden my horizons ya know. I like trying new things.
I've done all the sports, and I still do, but I think it'd be cool to try ballet/dance. >>42633768
Yeah I do swim but I'm too old to join any sort of team. I swim at my local gym but that's not what I'm tryna do here
>>42633870
True
>>
>>42633382
21 is pretty old to start ballet. Do other kinds of dance like jazz, tap, ballroom, etc.
Source: work with men who do dance, including ballet.
>>
>>42633382
Anyone can start ballet, it is beginner-friendly as long as you don't choose an advanced class. There are many adult beginner classes at studios in larger cities. At 21 you may never become an actual ballet performer, but it is still a decent hobby.

It is great for building balance and coordination, and most classes will be predominantly straight women.

Ballroom is even more adult beginner friendly, and will definitely impress women, but there are all kinds of dance classes you can take if you search around. Tango, swing, and waltz are popular and easy to get into, but ballet will improve your body awareness, flexibility, balance, and coordination the fastest.
>>
>>42633382
I was a ballerino when I was a kid and continued to come back and help with lifting at the studio for other forms of dance.
You won't be able to compete but you might be able to get into it as a hobby.
You won't get very good compared to kids who have done it their whole life but if you're interested you might as well give it a shot.
>Grills
They're going to be more focused on dancing than flirting but if you get close to a few you might get lucky.
I dated one for a few years but have since moved away for school.
>>
>>42634216
Yeah honestly the athletic side of it is something I think will be beneficial
>>42634291
Yeah but still meeting them is good. I plan on looking for a place in the city where I attend college, so I can always invite them out or whatever
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.