[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have I been calculating my TDEE wrong? Everyone just says to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: item.jpg (59KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
item.jpg
59KB, 800x600px
Have I been calculating my TDEE wrong? Everyone just says to put "sedentary" for my activity level in those calculators but that's probably retarded when it has this many options.

>Completely Paralyzed, Comatose, Unable to Move Without the Aid of Others (1.0)

>Immobile, Stationary with Some Arm Movement, Bedridden or Partially Paralyzed (1.05)

>Constricted Lifestyle, Movement is Limited to a Confined Space, Almost Always Sitting or Laying (1.1)

>Working From Home with Little to No Travel, No Exercise, Some Walking, Mostly Sitting or Laying (1.16)

>Sedentary Lifestyle, Little or No Exercise, Moderate Walking, Desk Job (Away from Home) (1.2)

>Slightly Active, Exercise or Light Sports 1 to 3 Days a Week, Light Jogging or Walking 3 to 4 Days a Week (1.375)

>Lightly Active, Exercise or Moderate Sports 2 to 3 Days a Week, Light Jogging or Walking 5 to 7 Days a Week (1.425)

>Moderately Active, Physical Work, Exercise, or Sports 4 to 5 Days a Week, Construction Laborer (1.55)

>Very Active, Heavy Physical Work, Exercise, or Sports 6 to 7 Days a Week, Hard Laborer (1.75)

>Extremely Active, Very Heavy Physical Work or Exercise Every Day, Professional/Olympic Athlete (1.9)

I do weight training at the gym 5 to 6 days a week and usually walk like 2 miles a day according to my iphone. My guess is 1.425 but what do you think that activity level would be?
>>
help
>>
File: 17123251389_bed3c3a1ba_b.jpg (304KB, 1024x658px) Image search: [Google]
17123251389_bed3c3a1ba_b.jpg
304KB, 1024x658px
>>
File: IMG_1917.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1917.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
Plz
>>
>>42632452
i'm assuming you're cutting so the idea is to get your basal metabolic rate (the rate you have if you literally lie in bed all day) and go from there to guarantee you are hitting your 500 deficit since it's easy to screw up counting calories. also, most people overestimate their activity level so it's a way to avoid that. however, i suggest doing one for basal and another for activity level and averaging them.
>>
>>42634978
I'm trying to lean bulk on +350 a day. I mainly just want to figure out exactly what category my activity level falls into so I can steadily bulk without going overboard. Does BMR*1.425 seem too high for someone who walks 2 miles a day and lifts 5-6 times a week? It's not cardio so that's why I'm unsure as to whether that counts as "exercise". I just do upper body shit like every other curlbro.
>>
>>42635611
I get this with these tools. I teach, so I have a "low activity" level. But due to the nature of my post I am standing unsupported (with no option to sit at a desk) for around 5-6 hours a day.

I then commute (sorted by strava as are my other cardio workouts).

But general? I put sedentary and try to eat at that level and I am ill. I have to dial it up and down till it feels right and try not to gain/lose/maintain/whatever I am into at that moment.
>>
Surely lifting and a couple of cardio sessions is more than sedentary?
>>
>>42632452
What you have to take into account is that the calculator you're using is more complex. When people talk about using "sedentary" they usually refer to the ones where's there only 3 or 4 options: sedentary, lightly active, moderate activity, high activity. In those calculators the change in calories from sedentary to lightly active is bigger. You have to keep in mind too ,that this is only an estimation. If you want to bulk at the correct pace then you should use, i think, the lower value(1.375), and weight yourself everyday in the morning. After 1 week look at the changes in bodyweight and decide based on those numbers: if you're gaining too fast, lower calories, if too slow increasd them by X. These calculator are only that: estimations.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.