[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is white rice really that much worse than brown rice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1503040919716.png (79KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1503040919716.png
79KB, 600x600px
Is white rice really that much worse than brown rice?
>>
>>42631319
No. Unless you're a pro athlete then white rice is just as fine. It has a higher GI and lower fibre content but on the grand scheme of things its a billion times better for you than a pizza so chill out. Personally I like the nutty flavour and texture of wholegrain with dishes like chili but prefer white/basmati/pilau with curries.
>>
My understanding is that white rice alone is just as healthy as brown rice. Its just that white rice is often laden with corn syrup and things like that. Just check the ingredients bro
>>
>>42631337
>>42631376
What about gluten?
>>
>>42631417
Gülen is the leader of an Islamic movement that used to be imbedded in the Turkish state, and a former ally of Erdogan, who currently resides in the USA. A number of years back however they split after a corruption scandal in the AKP, which Ergodan blamed on the Gulenists, his organisation being branded a terrorist group in turkey, and they have since become Ergodan's favourite punching bag for everything wrong in Turkey that can not be blamed on the kurds or ISIS.
The Turkish government has publicly said that the recent coup attempt was organised by Gulanists, but little evidence has come to light publicly that could prove this, hence the speculation that the coup is being used as an excuse to remove them.
>>
>>42631417
what about it?
>>
>>42631454
I've been told that white rice has a lot more gluten, and that gluten is bad for you
>>
>>42631417
Gluten free fag here, i still eat white rice when its given to me
>>
Basmati white rice has a GI of 56
Brown rice is in the lower 50s
The other white rice has a GI in the 90s!
You want your dishes to have a GI of 70 or lower.
Eat basmati white rice
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.