[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Helping family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: 1495776926643.jpg (12KB, 248x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495776926643.jpg
12KB, 248x300px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3585w9FmOGs

Anyone have any luck getting there family to exercise? They all have excuses and it is frustrating that they complain about a lack of mobility in my grandmas case, but refuse to even eat better. I don't want to be a pushy asshole, but it sucks seeing them slowly degrade.
>>
You can't undo decades of shitty habits, they have to want it themselves.
Focus on the next generation of your family, help them build healthy habits
>>
File: 1495777175103.jpg (184KB, 1024x615px) Image search: [Google]
1495777175103.jpg
184KB, 1024x615px
>>42624691
>they have to want it themselves.
That seems to be a big part of it, they say they wish, but do not want to take the steps. I have managed to get my little brother into taking up healthy habits, so that was a success at least.
>>
>>42624682
In my experience it doesn't work unless they have the motivation to want to do it anyways and just need a guiding hand. I tried to get my brother to work out for years. He would do beginner work outs for a week at a time before stopping because it was too much work for his lazy ass. Meanwhile that never stopped him from doing bicep exercises with 10-20 lb dbs and using an as seen on tv ab wheel at 40% bf. My dad on the other hand never wanted to work out with me, no matter how much I brought it up. Then he had a wake up call when he was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. 5 months of letting me train him later and he's now under 300 for the first time in a decade and his last A1C test was 5%
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.