[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice Request

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Brox.jpg (102KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Brox.jpg
102KB, 750x1000px
Hey Fit

I've been following Rip Toe's 5x5 starter strength for a few months now and have gone from 149KG (330 pounds) to 129kg (284 pounds) and I’m chasing some advice/recipes.

Here are my questions:

1) When should I change my routine and to what? As stated I'm doing the starting strength with a few additions (see below) and have been told the natural progression should be to start the Texas method soon. What are your recommendations? Should I look into the Texas method or an alternate program?

Day A
Squat 5 reps x 3 sets
Bench Press 5 reps x 3 sets
Deadlift 10 reps x 1 set
Assisted Dips 10x2 Sets
Hammer curls 10x3 Sets
Cardio on stair machine for 1 hour

Day B
Squat 5 reps x 3 sets
Military Press 5 reps x 3 sets
Deadlift 10 reps x 1 set
Assisted Pull ups 10x2 Sets
Cardio on stair machine for 1 hour

2) Been trying to get 140grams of protein in per day while trying to keep saturated fats low, do you have any recipe recommendations? At the moment diet looks like this:

breakfast: 1 cup of oats with milk

Lunch: either last night’s dinner or a chicken teriyaki on wheat
no cheese no sauce all salads with avocado from subway

Dinner: baked chicken breast(seasoned with moroccan or pesto) with veggies and brown rice

Snacks through the day are cans of tuna or jerky

Lastly got to say thank you for all the info so far in the sticky and thank you for any info you share tonight.
>>
what are your lifts and how long have you been lifting
age and height
>>
Height: 187cm
Squats: 145kg
M/Press: 45kg
B/Press: 55kg
>>
Oh yes and lifting, 3 months now with free weights and two months we shall forget about when I was a noob using nothing but machines. Legs are still getting stronger but I'm struggling to get better with arms. I was told by a body building friend that my protein intake had been insufficient so I've been trying to up that over the last 2 weeks. So far It seems to have helped a bit, M/Press seems to have become a little steadier now and I can get up to 8 reps on the final set now but still can't get to the 50kg rung.
>>
>>42623848
Keep on doing ss until you finish your diet.
As for bench and press, do more tricept work as well and dip and chins practice.
>>
WILCO, what triceps exercise would you recommend I incorporate?
>>
>29
You're too old to do the Texas method, you'll make progress for a couple weeks, then stall hard and feel like killing yourself because of all the volume.
And independently of that, TM is incompatible with weight loss. If you're not eating at least a 1k (possibly more) surplus on TM you're going to stall hard.
Keep milking SS, do the deloads like they're outlined in the book (and actually read the fucking book, if you're poor there's free pdfs of it all over the internet). Once that's done, do any of the strength-oriented splits outlined by Rippletits in PPST, or any decent aesthetics program if you're into that.

>Deadlift 10 reps x 1 set
Do only 5 reps, or maybe two sets of 3. Change weight accordingly of course.
What's your deadlift?
Once it gets too tiring and you can't recover from them in two days, switch one of them out with power cleans (4 sets of 3, or 6 of 2). Make sure you learn proper form.
Also, seeing how ridiculously unbalanced your squat/press is, I'm guessing you're not going to parallel, check your form. Sure, fatties have strong legs, but still, usually not that much.

> I was told by a body building friend that my protein intake had been insufficient
If you say you're eating 140 g protein now and you were eating less before, then yes, you needed more protein, but you can't just get to 3pl8 squat while not getting enough protein.
More likely, you need to up the volume. Try doubling the amount of sets and using a slightly lighter weight on one day, and doing the normal 3x5 on the other..

>Cardio on stair machine for 1 hour
This is good to lose fat, but once you're more comfortable with your fat levels and want to focus on strength or size, stop doing cardio and start eating at a surplus.

>WILCO, what triceps exercise would you recommend I incorporate?
None really, higher bench volume should be enough.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.