[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

doctors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 9842439.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
9842439.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>squatting 2 pl8s 5 months ago
>feel sharp pain in my lower back
>can't walk for 3 days
>pain goes away after 1 week
>return to squatting after 1 month
>still feel discomfort when I go heavy (over 2pl8s) in my squats
>decide to go to the doctor
>explain my problem
>he touches my back in various places
>"is there pain?"
>"no"
>"everything is fine"
>"b-but what about hernia, or slipped disc"
>"what? no... you are good"
>"should we maybe get an mri just to be sure"
>"mri? that's for surgeries, you don't need surgery"

why are doctors so incompetent these days? he didn't even tell me to do an MRI scan and suddenly he knows what the fuck is happening down there?
>>
your doctor is right. there's no reason to make you do an MRI if your only symptom is "discomfort when I go heavy in my squats". plus it wouldn't help you even if they took an MRI and saw something because there are no magic cures for fucked backs. back surgery is an option, but they only do it if your back is really fucked because it's risky, won't necessarily help and can often make things worse.
>>
Warm up properly and do your rehab before trying to go heavy if there's discomfort you fucking idiot.

Also most herniations fix themselves with time, IF you aren't an idiot about it and try to squat heavy (or at all) during its healing
>>
>>42623321
Cant prescribe an exam when you have literally nothing objectivable, you sound like a paranoid guy like that
>>
>>42623321
Show us your medical license OP
>>
You probably pulled an erector or QL or some shit.
>>
Maybe because he doesn't want to waste hospital resources on a pussy that has back problems squatting 2pl8s.
>>
>>42623321
You can't just "get an MRI". There's miles of red tape to go through for insurance because those fuckers are like $50-100k. You need to have a legitimate reason.

Since you're retarded ill help you out. Go somewhere that specializes in sports medicine if you want a more sympathetic ear.
>>
>>42623814
>those fuckers are like $50-100k
I feel sorry for you for living in a rip-off country. Here, the cost of a 30minute MRI, a standard procedure, is around $1k. But we pay none of it, as it's covered by the public health system.

Source: I'm a senior radiographer working in management
>>
>>42623321
Learn how to brace and post a form check on plg.
And no before you start arguing, your form is not "fine".
>>
>>42623855
This.

Rethink your form. You're probably doing something wrong.

Think about the good side of things, you know that you don't have any serious back problem.

Might be of help to see a physio.
>>
I'm a doctor. I would only prescribe MRI if 1) I found physical signs that you had a slipped disc, and 2) you had already gone through 6 weeks of physical therapy and 3) your symptoms had not improved.

Your doctor is completely right that the only reason to do it in your case would be for surgery, and you don't even fulfill criteria number one, it sounds like.

Surgical failure is no joke. 10-20% risk of it not working and you being left with debilitating back pain.
>>
>Qqatting or deadlifting when you don't lift professionally
You got memed by Rippetoe, the risks (i.e. permanently fucking up your back) outweigh the extra gains.
>>
>>42623814
>>42623835

Don't listen to him, even in America it's not that expensive.

A few thousand even without insurance.
>>
>>42623814
>50-100k
A quick googling tells me an MRI machine costs between 150k et 400k, with another 100k of costs to set it up and maintain it

that price doesn't make any sense
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.