[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nicotine Withdrawal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: MUHNICOTINE.jpg (312KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
MUHNICOTINE.jpg
312KB, 1000x750px
Hey lads for almost a year now I have been using nicotine heavily. Rarely through cigarettes or tobacco mostly e-cigarettes. I did have a phase of pouches with nicotine salts. But I want to quit. Sadly every time I have tried to quit it really hinders my work performance. I work retail and need to be able to work fast and deal with customers. Also college has just started and is fucking me up.

What is the best way to quit? Cold turkey is the best but I know my cognitive ability will suffer for a month because I really need it right now. Any supplements that are good? I hear l-theanine works wonders but it didn't do anything for me on my past attempts.

I don't drink, I don't even use caffeine or do any drugs besides Adderall and nicotine. I am prescribed Adderall (a low dosage I never abuse it) which will help me not feel like shit and be able to focus but it is a rough ride.

Please Help, Thanks Lads.
>>
>>42621766
Adderall is going to do jackshit to help if you've been taking it as prescribed and had a legitimate chemical imbalance that Adderall fixed.

Make your own vape juice, taper 0.3 mg weekly and monitor your intake. Control it.Doesnt even matter how much as long as your taper is regressive and consistent. Making vape juice is incredibly easy although liquid nicotine IS MUCH MORE DANGEROUS than you think and can most definitely be absorbed through unprotected fingers and other skin, not to mention inhalation if atmospheric conditions and temperature allow.

Supps:
Gum
All the gum
Get chewing boy

Or get locked in a cage and not have a choice in the matter.

T. Professional drug quitter
>>
>>42621766
you're thinking about it too much. just quit cold turkey, don't be a bitch. you might have headaches for a week or two afterwards. boo hoo.

t. quit smoking 7 months ago after being a smoker from age 14. pack a day unfiltered cigs
>>
>>42621824
Prob don't have ADHD desu with you. But it does help me focus and get shit done and helps with motivation I turned myself around from a 1.98 student to a 4.0 GPA student. So maybe I do but I will risk the neurotoxicity if I don't. I think I will just cold turkey it man. I will get some gum.
>>42621836
You didn't have issues waking up in the morning? Sounds really fucking stupid but I am a horrible over sleeper and during nicotine withdrawals I literally sleep and sleep and sleep until the afternoon. You didn't have anger issues either I get incredibly irritable which isn't normal for me.
>>
>>42621869
you're thinking too much on it. just quit. stop talking about it and quit. it's all normal and many people have done this before you. if you oversleep get two alarm clocks. set it louder? it's as easy as not smoking/dipping/vaping.
>>
>>42621869
Sounds good anon. Cold turkey it is. You got this
>>
>>42621897
>>42621898
Alright thanks anons. I will make it I promise you and myself. Godspeed and I hope good fortunes and gains come our way.
>>
>>42621766
Buy a huge container of gum and something to fidget or squeeze for the first 72 hours.
If you get through the first 72 hours and remove the temptation out of sight and out of mind you'll be good.
The first 72 hours are a bitch though and it would be best if you did not have anything stressful during the first week, a holiday would be perfect.
>>
>>42621766
I chewed for about a year, it was the cool thing to do at my hick shit HS.
One day I told my Girlfriend(now wife) I loved her, she did to, I realized it was shit and threw the shit out of my window on the highway.
Never looked back. The cravings never go away, just get a ton easier to say no to.
>>
>>42621766
>hinders my work performance. I work retail

This is what peak performance looks like /fit

Stop making excuses. Quitting an addictive drugs is hard, if you can't do it you're mentally weaker than ex smokers. Accept it.
>>
>>42621766
Nicotine withdrawals are highly overrated

It's just craving and habit. Like I quit smoking, and every time I drove i wanted one as I always smoked in the car. Doesn't mean my brain chemistry was actually devastated and seeking homeostasis

Even caffeine is more physically addicting
>>
>>42621766
I suggest mixing your own Ejuice, definitely cheaper and more flexible, lower your mg's and intake, also I found vapes near 80~ watts are more efficient. It'll be meme tier, but more efficient.
>>
Adderall is worse for you then cigarretes literally amphetamines
>>
>>42621766
Just quit cold turkey. It's fucking easy if you're not a weak willed faggot.
>>
>>42621766
after smoking for 15 years at a pack a day and quitting several times I'll give you my advice:

wear the step 3 patch and carry around the 2mg mini mints, any time you feel a craving pop a mint. After a couple weeks of the patch you should be able to fly without it, just keep mints around just in case.

Good luck, anon. Quitting isn't easy, but you can do it if you really try.
>>
>>42625470
Dis, nicotine addiction gets worse with time though. We here in the hospital have often twenty year smokers and more and they can't go by without their smokes.
>>42625471
Also, just an added thought to my post, nicotine is used a lot as a herbicide/pesticide, be extremely super stupid careful when mixing juice, or alternatively use gloves. Also, open windows or outside mixing is advised, flavorings are concentrated and linger in air for ages.
50PG/VG bases are a great start and allow for versatility and taste.
t. 9 years smoking, 2 vaping.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.