[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crossfit to learn Oly lifts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1502582890804.jpg (85KB, 535x587px) Image search: [Google]
1502582890804.jpg
85KB, 535x587px
Ok /fit/. My gym offers crossfit classes at a reasonable price. The crossfit section is the only area with bumper plates and lifting platforms. I don't like doing the meme circuts but they do coach us for whatever lift we are doing. I signed up for a month. Was this worth it or did I fuck up?
>>
As long as the only coach is reputable then you are fine in that regard. Try talking to the coach about focusing only on oly lifting. I've heard they can be easygoing about that. Might even reduce your fee.
>>
>>42621395
Who cares about bumper plates and meme platforms? You're a fool, anon.
>>
Why not just join an actual weightlifting club?
>>
Why not just find a gym with the equipment and self-teach? You can do a lot with a video camera and material on the internet
>>
>>42621395
lmao a fuckin fern
>>
>>42621536
This
Can't even find a decent gym near me that had bumper plates and platforms that aren't crossfit gyms. They charge a ridiculous amount per month and you can't come in and lift whenever you want
>>
>>42621536
I have been doing this. Mainly because i dont want to pay for a coach.

Progress is slow but there is plenty of good content on learning the lifts. Check out Torokhtiy on youtube his stuff is pretty good
>>
In my experience cross fit trainers only know a little bit more than you do. You can learn so much more from YouTube and blogs.

Glenn Pendlay's blog is great, the 70sbig blog has a lot of cool Olympic lifting info on it including great programs for people who are strong but not competent with the lifts, and Donny Shackle's blog is awesome although it's more motivational than anything else.

Unless you plan on competing there really isn't anything wrong with learning the lifts yourself. Up until recently heaps of competitors in domestic competitions were self taught.

Just remember to keep the bar close to your body and make sure it moves directly up in a straight line instead of going out or backwards.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.