[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to get back into fighting shape with calisthenics. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: thenx-2.jpg (113KB, 1000x634px) Image search: [Google]
thenx-2.jpg
113KB, 1000x634px
Trying to get back into fighting shape with calisthenics. I'm trying for a cleaner diet that will still supplement muscle strengthening while cutting excess flab that I've packed on. Any suggestions?
>>
>>42620182
A barbell and plates
>>
>>42620182
Naw that sounds super gay
>>
>>42620182
>Any suggestions?

Don't listen to /fit/ meatheads like the two above me.
>>
>>42620182
Most of advanced calisthenics shit is just training your nervous system to do advanced shit. If you wanna get in fighting shape, run a decent amount of distance every morning, do some HIIT and some circuit training. You dont wanna bother practicing a completely different skill from what you are supposed to train. Honestly, just go and do whatever martial art you wanna do and do work specific to that martial art. Thats it. If you have time and energy to do extra shit after all the martial training, you can go and lift some fuckin weights and do extra conditioning work and shit like that. But i would rather just do more sport specific training. I would just do more bag work at home, prac technique more during shadow boxing, etc.
>>
>>42621385

This. If you want to get proficient in calisthenics, train calisthenics. If you want to get better in martial arts, train martial arts. Everything else is supplementary.
>>
>>42621385

Except gymnastics is how ancient warriors got in shape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTjKtQK4Ek0

I do agree you still need to practice fighting but gymnastics is great for training your body for fighting. It trains the joints and the body as a whole which fighters need. It's also easier to do explosive movements with body weight moves which will carry over to fighting as well.
>>
>>42622342
McGregor isnt the only great fighter out there. Fedor for example didnt give a single shit about training shit besides his fighting. By the end of his career he abandonded strength and conditioning and just did fight training. More over, mcgregor here is doing pretty basic movements to train for strength. More over, movement patterns of gymnastics arent even remotely similar to movement patterns of fighting in any way. What gets you good at fighting is training for fighting, The bottom line is that there is 500 hundred different ways to get strong and only 1 way to get good at your combat sport of choice. If you want to be good at fighting, you gotta focus training for fighting. Everything else is just some fun and games you can do outside of your fighting training to get yourself a bit stronger.
>>
>>42621325
>meatheads
How's planet fitness?
>>
>>42620182
>fighting shape
actually practice fighting instead of "train to fight"
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.