[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is fasting a meme or is it a good way to lose weight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: DHTlqMWWAAEBZs-.jpg large.jpg (53KB, 603x535px) Image search: [Google]
DHTlqMWWAAEBZs-.jpg large.jpg
53KB, 603x535px
Is fasting a meme or is it a good way to lose weight?
>>
>>42615427
All fasting really is, is cutting out a meal. For example the classic 16/8 fast. 16 hours fast, 8 eating. You spend 8 of that 16 sleeping and the other 8 fasting. In that other 8 you would have eaten breakfast but you didn't. Noe all you have left is lunch and dinner.
>>
It is your only shot at mimicking a God-physique, if you wasn't born Chad; which you obv wasn't.
>>
The evidence suggest you're just eating at a caloric deficit and the timing is irrelevant. There may be other benefits to fasting but in terms of weight loss no it may even be harder for some and cause them to eat more as a result of it.
>>
>>42615427
The best way to lose weight is the one that works for you. If fasting makes you lose weight then it's ok.
>>
Both.
It's a meme because a handful of vocal retards claim it's the only possible way to lose weight. It's a good way to lose weight, because you're not eating as much.
>>
>>42615516
If you switch to a keto/paleo diet while on a fast it's much easier to not over eat.
>>
>>42615427
Fasting and a GOOD DIET (keep mind on the GOOD DIET part) is all you need to lose weight.

So no, its not a meme.
>>
it's good but if you're too fat you'll get loose skin
>>
[The Art of Manliness] #328: The Pros and Cons of Intermittent Fasting

http://podplayer.net/#/?id=39557717
>>
>>42615714
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: 1444878768215.jpg (57KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
1444878768215.jpg
57KB, 567x561px
>>42615766
>>
>>42615516
Fasting helps with insulin control.
When your insulin is up fat burning is lowered, so by fasting you're giving your body more time in a low insulin state, or a higher fat burning state.
Of course, if you lift, you might want that elevated insulin for the protein synthesis, so more meals a day may work for you.

Here is a short description of what insulin does:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21864752
So I think controlling insulin is worth looking into.
>>
File: rsz_20170824_190719.jpg (180KB, 1008x756px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_20170824_190719.jpg
180KB, 1008x756px
Just eat less.
>>
>>42615427
>Will eating less calories make me lose weight
Yes
>>
>>42615427
What type of fasting? Intermittent fasting, straight fasting, etc. I think the best one is protein sparing modified fast since you're eating a very low calorie diet while getting in enough protein to retain muscle mass that you would otherwise lose not eating.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.