[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad exercices/form to avoid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1471230762195.jpg (107KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
1471230762195.jpg
107KB, 639x639px
It seems like the more I learn about fitness, the more there are dangerous exercices. For example, I always assumed that squatting below parallel was the best and healthiest way to do squat but it turns out it actually puts a lot of strain in your knees. Same with leg presses, I thought as long as you don't lock your knees/go all the way down, you are safe but it's not.

What are some exercices or form to avoid if I want to be able to train over 50 years +?
>>
athlean x is a good YouTube channel that always looks for the best exercises for a muscle, that is also the healthiest for joints, ligaments, etc

here is a good article that answers your question directly

http://jasonferruggia.com/weight-training-exercises/
>>
File: download-1.png (128KB, 467x323px) Image search: [Google]
download-1.png
128KB, 467x323px
>>42609784
>but it turns out it actually puts a lot of strain in your knees
100% wrong
>>
>>42609856
heavy squatting is hard on the knees anon

I'm not saying squatting is bad, but don't deny the wear and tear.
>>
What do you guys think about rear/behind the neck pulldowns? Are they dangerous for shoulders? How wide should the grip be?
I felt pain in my left shoulder when doing them yesterday.
>>
>>42609912
Doing them in front of you is better than behind. For one, front pulldowns with a wide grip activates more muscles than behind the neck. And two, doing it behind the neck can cause shoulder and neck problems after a while.
>>
>>42609954
Do you know of other good exercises I can do for my upper back?
>>
>>42609872
life is hard on your knees anon, do you want to have 5 more years of healthy knees or be a sick cunt when you're 25?
>>
>>42609872
Heavy squatting produces wear and tear, but bodyweight and relatively low weight barbell squats produce the opposite effect. There's a reason why doctors put frail elderly patients on resistance routines.

Running has by far more wear and tear on the joints.
>>
>>42609784

Upright rows.

I could feel my shoulder joints scraping with each rep every time I tried to go above light weight.
>>
>>42610225
What's "relatively low"? Are my knees at high risk of permanent injury if I squat 2 pl8? 3pl8?
>>
>>42610643
Assuming good form of course. I always go below parallel and the trainer told me I'm good.
>>
>>42609784
No, you're wrong about squatting below parallel

What gets hairy is when you have dynamic flexion in your vertebrae when you do exercises like the squat or deadlift or really anything where your spine is part of your kinetic chain
>>
>>42609979
facepulls
>>
Track athlete here, I have patellar tendinitis and it doesn't hurt to do heavy deep squats if that's worth anything. Jumping and running hurt extremely
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.