[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Push/Pull split for a noob

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: WIN_20170824_06_06_38_Pro.jpg (220KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170824_06_06_38_Pro.jpg
220KB, 1280x720px
ok /fit/ I'm pretty new to this board (general browse /pol/) and I've come to seek your advice. Some background info: I am a noob lifter, having done a couple of months, injured my neck by sleeping crooked, took a couple months off, started again a few weeks ago. 66kg (up from 62.5) at 178cm so skinny as fuck manlet by most standards. I have some dumbells, 8X2.5kg 4X5kg weight plates with a bar weight of 2.5kg, can only stack 27.5kg on the DB at any one time for unilateral, only 22.5 if I use them simultaneously. My main focus has been 'mirror muscles' initially, mainly chest. I started with body weight dips, shitloads, up to 75 reps. I was doing them everyday, and this was banging up my shoulder a bit. I now do weighted dips with 27.5kg for ~8 reps and dumbell flies with 12.5kg for ~15 or so reps. I include skullcrushers too. For back, I've been quite limited, and it shows. I do one arm rows with the 27.5kg, but I can rep this >15 times so I need more weight. I've been lazy for legs also, but every couple weeks I'll do split squats (one leg) with 22.5kg in each hand for ~18 reps for a few sets. There is so much info regarding volume, intensity, frequency, sets, reps, nutrition ect. It fucks with my mind and motivation, as I'm chasing the most optimum plan, and everything claims to be this, but contradicts others. You know how it is. Continued....
>>
>>42607074
My goal is to gain explosive strength for my sport (this is already quite noticeable) as well as too develop an aesthetic physique. To get myself up to around 75kg I think is a good goal for the not too distant future. I'm not a big meat eater, but have been getting more protein, aiming for around 120g a day. This may be too low in the opinion of some, but it is working pretty well so far. I haven't gained bodyfat at this point, if anything I'm slightly leaner. Perhaps I need to consume more calories? I purchased a pullup bar yesterday, and it really hit home my lack of back development that I could only bang out 8 proper reps. I also recently purchased some heavy resistance bands of varying tensions to combine with the free weights, I have noticed in a few days of using them a better recovery and more elastic kind of strength developing
So onto my reason for being here, I have fuck around and not really dedicated myself to a routine and played it by feel. While this has worked somewhat, I can see the benefit to a structured program where weekly/monthly gains can be measured more easily. I have previously trained chaotically, for example, day 1 heavy dips X5 tricep extensions flies day 2 BW dips, flies day 3 shit tonnes of flies, one set of heavy dips, dumbell rows.... I need something more concrete. I have decided on a push/pull split, and I'm looking for some help to draw up a plan that I can print off and stick up on a wall to follow. Here is what I'm thinking;
>>
>>42607080
Pushing choices: heavy dips (3-5 sets) flies (resistance band or DB) skullsrushers/tricep extension with bands Lateral and front raises with bands or weights, Dumbell press, OHP
Split sqats, pistol squats
Pull 1: pullups (weighted once I get stronger) 5 sets, resistance band pull variations, Bicep curls with band or weight, DB rows.

I'm thinking choose 3-4 exercise each day, in a Push/pull/push/pull/rest kind of pattern, taking care not too choose too many of the same exercise. Am I on the right track here or completely fucked? Am I missing something crucial? Any advice is appreciate, fucking confused right now and just want to solidify it in my mind
>>
No one wants to read your life story dipshit
>general browse /pol/
Yeah no wonder you're such a dumbass
>>
>>42607127
just providing some background so someone with knowledge knows what angle I'm coming from and knows which direction to steer me in. You don't have to be a cunt, but opinion noted for future reference
>>
Start off by not browsing pop then have your wife get fucked by a nigger
>>
>pol
please fuck off
>>
>>42607334
So rather than offer anything of value, people would rather be critical of me for browsing /pol/. I browse, maybe half an hour now and then. I'm not a stormfag. I only mentioned it as I'm not familiar with the culture of this board and was using it as a reference.
>>
Nigga, you browse /pol/ but you don't know how to structure a post so it doesn't look so repugnant to the eyes?

If your goal is to gain explosive strenght I would recommend OLY lifts + snatches and cleans-

If you're looking for aesthetics you're gonna have to evaluate your body and train the areas you're deficient on. Which means doing isolations, heavy compounds and taking care of your bf%.
>>
>>42607449
Lurk more and read the
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>42607449
Here's a tip newfriend:
Most people don't take kindly to folks that fraternize with nazis and white supremacists. Maybe think about improving your knowledge and compassion before improving your body.
>>
>>42607493
the sticky contains too much information... I've already read too much information and its mostly contradictory. I want a program that works for ME and my needs specifically of which I've tried to describe.
>>42607508
not a nazi. /pol/ is the seat of power for world affairs, I like to keep up to date with happenings. Would it shock you to learn I'm a bleeding heart hippy?
>>
>>42607074
Read the fucking sticky.
>>
>>42607561
I don't want to pick generic advice from hundreds of sources, I've tried this and I want something more specialized
>>
>>42607536
>/pol/ is the seat of power for world affairs,
>>
>>42607591
they elected a living meme to presidency via collective will through the egregore Kek/Pepe (meme magic). So yes, they are illuminaty now. Deal with it
>>
>>42607508
Translation: /fit/ is full of fatass nigger loving liberal retards
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>42607616
Please get off this board
>>
>>42607616
> people believe this
>>
>>42607670
>>42607694
I'm not trolling. I'm sorry if you are a brainlet when it comes to the esoteric/occult. I'm not here to judge you for that, but you shouldn't also judge me for knowing what the fuck I'm talking about. I'm here to get advice on a push/pull split, not debate whether I should browse /pol or study the occult
>>
>>42607074
>>42607080
>>42607084

stay on your cancer cointainment board you son of a whore
>>
>>42607754
so /fit/ is full of cucked faggots that fell for the (((globalist))) propaganda. I see how it is. What a bunch of shit cunts.
>>
File: 1462958727822.jpg (87KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1462958727822.jpg
87KB, 600x456px
>>42607074
Here are your options:

A)
>Read the fucking sticky
>Read it again
>Do as told for the next year or two
>Lurk moar
>Only dare to post again once you hit 1/2/3/4 for reps sub 12%bf and become a turbomanlet

B)
>Get the fuck out
>Go back to the most retarded board in this site
>Stay in that autistic cheeto-dust covered dumpster
>Continue your fight against sjw or jadl or muslims or whatever
>Be a dyel fucktard virgin for the rest of your life
>Kys
>>
>>42607074
>>42607080
>>42607084

I aint reading all that shit negro

Didn't you see the big fucking sticky saying all caps to read the fucking sticky before embarrasing yourself like this? Are you so fucking lazy and dumb you didn't want to read for like, 20 minutes, so you decided to make a thread for others to tell you what you should do?

No surprise you lurk on /pol/, kid

kek
>>
>>42607794
>But I'm not a nazi
>>
>>42607703
>here to get advice
>mentions /pol/
yeah right, go masturbate to your BLACKED videos, nazi
>>
>>42607074
>/pol/
stopped reading right there
kek get the fuck out of here
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.