[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hip Drahve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7378.jpg (97KB, 311x784px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7378.jpg
97KB, 311x784px
>making good progress on the squat, working sets 295
>realizing I'm tipping my weight forward
>how to fix? not recruiting glutes well in my squat
>working sets drop, realize my massive mistake,
understand hip drahve
How many of you ran into this same issue and realized the error in your ways?
>>
>>42604282
Hard to tell what your doing wrong without seeing your sets. Post a form check on the SS coaches forum, 4chan will tell you all sorts of stupid shit.
>>
I feel like I’m cheating using the hip drive to go back up. It makes it too easy
>>
>>42604282
Post form video
>>
>>42604282
For the first 2 months i wasted my squats because my form was abysmal and I was really, REALLY favouring my right leg. I wasn't even hitting parallel.

I basically had to restart from lmao 1pl8. With correct form.

I find glute involvement and activation is a natural result of good form during the lift.
>>
>>42604322
>>42604309
I fixed the issue with ankle and hip mobility work and prepping my ass to fire before I do sets. Still working on adapting to it for my heavier sets but it's much better than what it was
>>
>>42604321
idk about hip drive making it super easy. The horizontal back angle required to efficiently use hip drive is challenging to maintain imo. People with longer backs relative to their torso need to be more upright to maintain balance, so it's possible the bottom position isn't as taxing. For my anthropometry, I feel like I'm getting folded in half and it requires a lot of work to keep my back in proper extension.
>>
>>42604383

*relative to their legs*

Damn typo
>>
>>42604383
I have a pretty short torso and lots of hip mobility. My mistake early on was I was tucking my hips in and lifting with my lower back and quads instead of using hip drive, but after correcting my form it seems much easier and less uncomfortable
>>
>>42604282
squat itself is very useless and retarded, who would like to widen their weist and aim for t-rex, bench once a week and low body fat for healthy and no need to go to gym horrible waste of time
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.