[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age did you grow out of video games aka become a man?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 27

At what age did you grow out of video games aka become a man?

Also what is your weakest lift

For me it was 20

And my weakest lift is squatting because I'm a lanky
>>
>>42603995

Squat
>>
>>42603995
At what age did you understand that you can do whatever the fuck you like, and it doesnt matter what other people think of you? O right. You havent.
>>
>>42603995
22. Last time I played muh geams was 75 days ago. Games are shit, numales hobby. My weakest lift is barbell row because I don't like to do it.
>>
>the "you can't do X and be a man" meme

I'll do whatever the fuck I want. You're posting on a Malaysian Cricket Farming forum and trying to tell others what being a man is?
>>
Around 21.

Squat.
>>
>>42603995
>someone who thinks he's manly for having different hobbies is also weak
Who woulda thunk
>>
I still play video games at 19. I have a full time job. Who cares. The bigger problem is that I almost never leave my house. How the fuck do you meet people and make friends.
>>
>>42604008
OP here

Just to add on. All my friends and guys I knew in general growing up that never played video games, were way more social and better with girls had the rest of us. I didn't lose my V until after I stopped playing video games.

And it's funny now that I haven't played them in years, I've achieved so much. Currently have a Gf but was hooking up with random girls regularly and going on dates, going to parties, travelling. Have a decent job now etc.

I have 2 very good friends that still play them a few times a week and they can't get laid to save their lives. In the rare occasions that they'll come out to a bar or club with me, they'll just stay by the bar and not talk to any girls.

I wish I could go back in time and atop after my N64. So around 12 years old or whatever it was. I would've became a man sooner. But all is good.
>>
>>42604046
>implying I do

Haven't had a friend since 19. I'm 23 now
>>
>>42604055
Sounds like you're just autistic and you needed to scapegoat something. I know dudes that get more pussy than I ever will and they play games every day
>>
>>42604058
Something look forward to then I guess.
>>
19-20

I still play sports game like Madden and FIFA, but I can't play a regular game for more than 20 minutes now.

I think I smoked too much weed and it fucked my attention span.
>>
>>42603995
15-16

Bench press. Stupid long fucking arms.
>>
>>42604077
All I play is Madden and PUBG. I'm excited for 18 to come out
>>
There's playing video games responsibly, such as 2-3 hours at the end of the day when all of your other chores are completed, and then there's a video game addiction in which manchildren are sucked into virtual worlds where they play for 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, for years at a time. Obviously one of these will interfere with your ability to socialize, while the other one shows responsibility and restraint.
>>
Playing games is fine, there's like what, 2 maybe 3 huge releases worth playing each year?
The cancer of gaming is online competitive games, they're huge timesinks that you'll never stop playing, and the more you play the more you're invested into your account and the less likely you are to quit.

You don't need to quit gaming, you need to quit competitive multiplayer games
>>
>>42604114
>He thinks 14-21 hour of video games a week is responsible

Anon I...
>>
never liked video games. got a wii for christmas when it was brand new and it is still sitting in the unopened box in my basement.

perhaps bench, 6'2 184 lbs 240 max. has plateaued big time.
>>
>>42604046
>I still play video games at 19. I have a full time job. Who cares.
>The bigger problem is that I almost never leave my house. How the fuck do you meet people and make friends.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
These are the types of people that still play videogames
>>
File: 1499781452447.jpg (48KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1499781452447.jpg
48KB, 400x462px
You're not lanky, you're just weak.
>>
>>42604135
>he thinks 14-21 hours in the gym is responsible

Anon I...
>>
>>42603995
I was big in to MMOs when I was like 10-14 but I grew out of it once high school hit. I still play FIFA and NBA2k with my friends but that's really it. I do know some fairly well-adjusted bros who play a lot of video games though, I don't see how it's such a bad thing. Just not my cup of tea
>>
File: in_rainbows.png (293KB, 406x357px) Image search: [Google]
in_rainbows.png
293KB, 406x357px
Don't do squat or didly so both of them
>>
>>42604055
i live for gaming and lifting. my routine is pretty much waking up after a nice night of sleep, eating, going to the gym, eating, then playing games the rest of the day fasting and i STILL bang sluts every weekend. maybe you and you friends are autists anon, or just buttfuck ugly
>>
>>42603995

Stopped playing because of final exams and later started going to the gym. Couldn't start playing again since I had no free time nor will to do so. Games right now are shit anyway.
>>

not proud, wasted a lot of time
>>
>>42604046
Stop playing video games you loser. Omg.
>>
>>42604206
Also. >what is your weakest lift

None.
>>
>>42603995
mid 20s. i'm 32 now and still wish i could have that escape that i used to have, but every time i try to replay one of my old favorites, i just get bored. i also have considerably less free time, so if i do start playing something, i might not get back to it for a week and by then i forget what's happening in the plot.

weakest lift is squat.
>>
Stopped playing most video games in middle school (senior in college now)

I used to buy whatever new Halo came out cuz I was kinda a halo fanboy but I'd just beat the game and be done with it never played online or anything and when Xbox 1 came out I didn't buy a new one

Used to play runescape until freshman year of HS stop
>>
>>42604201
Get a job you neet
>>
>>42604143
>>42604213
If I didn't play video games I'd probably read books or make bombs in my basement or something. I've been antisocial my whole life. Now I don't know how to change that or if I even give a fuck.
>>
Stopped seriously playing video games when I was 17 even though I made most of my income at the time in tournaments.

Weakest lift is bench - I very much hate bench because my long ass arms being 6'3" and all.
>>
>>42604201
why lie on a Scandinavian knife trading board?
>>
I never had time for them after I turned 10. Parents had me playing on a basketball team during the winter. Back in Europe for 2 months every summer. And piano and guitar lessons year-round. Only ever played them at my friend's house.
>>
>>42604114
Is this b8? How do you not see how believably wasteful you're being by sinking 2-3 hours into video games every day? There are people out there working every waking minute of every day, people with terminal illnesses with weeks left to live, people who would give anything for that free time and you're sitting there squandering it in front of a screen. If you seriously pride yourself on 'at least i'm not a manchild playing 16 hours a day' then you need to reevaluate how you spend your time.

You remind me of my borderline obese friend who always uses this excuse of "at least i'm not uselessly fat". Like yeah, great, there are people who are worse off than you, but that doesn't mean you aren't bad yourself.
>>
>>42603995
What's his name again /fit/?

(Is he alive?)
>>
>>42603995
>At what age did you grow out of video games aka become a man?
LOL, what kind of adult seriously thinks like this?
i met my bf playing video games like 7 years ago and we're still together and play video games.
>>
>>42604253
>If I didn't play video games I'd probably read books
Oh no! God forbid you learn something!
>>
>>42604135
its more responsible than a lot of other things people waste time on, like social media or watching television. at least video games are interactive and make you think/use your reflexes/etc. hell just posting here on 4chan is worse than playing video games
>>
>>42604316
>LOL, what kind of adult seriously thinks like this?
Most adults, because they actually value their time.
>>
>>42604164
It is
>>
>>42604317
I don't understand why you're actively trying to be a cunt. Never said reading was bad or that I don't do it now. Just that I'd fill time with other time fillers and nothing would change.
>>
>>42603995
19 (currently)

Bench
>>
>>42603995
But I just can't find time
> bench
>>
>>42604333
>Most adults, because they actually value their time.
>most adults
if you look at video game sales and demographics, there's actually a lot of adults that still play video games, there's grown ass men who spend thousands on a single game.
>because they actually value their time.
thats definitely not the reason, if people valued their time they wouldn't waste is watching television, fucking off on social media, or slaving away most of their life at a job they cant stand.
try again
>>
Lol at everyone saying you can still lift and get girls etc. Playing video games. Okay sure let's go with that.

But what does video games actually get you?

An hour or 2 of stimulation?

Shit is basically a fucking drug. It's a complete waste of time and gives you absolutely nothing tangible I'm return whatsoever.

Quit while you can. Take the RP. At this point you're all just defending your addiction.
>>
>>42604345
Sorry m8 I'm just trying to help you out. I know you probably think that if you weren't playing vidya you'd be wasting your time some other way, but I've seen from my own experience as well as people I know, getting off of video games may be the keystone habit change that will get you out and about and really improve your life.
Also reading definitely isn't a time filler, at least if you're reading non-fiction/self-help lit, and I bet it could even help you with your antisocial tendencies.
>>
>>42604385
>If people valued their time they wouldn't waste is watching television, fucking off on social media, or slaving away most of their life at a job they cant stand.
Lol I agree, I guess most adults don't value their time. But video games definitely fit into that category.
>>
>>42604393
Exactly
>>
>>42604393
This.
I'm seeing a lot of people in here that are too naive or they're in denial about video games.
I used to say video games are alright to play for kids since they didn't have any responsibilities anyway, but I've come to realize there's so many more things to do that are more rewarding and help their brain develop.

We're not here to scapegoat video games for our problems, we're here because we've matured enough to realize the truth and we'd like to share that with our fitbros because I know I at least wish I had someone that could have told me to quit wasting my time sooner. Think about it.
>>
>>42604393
do you ever go on social media? or watch television? I have strong feel you probably waste your time doing something less stimulating that video games
>>
>>42604393
First you act as if that stimulation is of no value.
Life is all stimulation and most of what we do is in an attempt to get stimulation that we enjoy.
Secondly this argument can be applied to just about anything with the same effect. Like books and movies and media you are only getting a story to interpret and some stimulation for a few hours.
You will be much happier if you allow yourself to enjoy such stimulation and are still able to live a balanced life where you go to work/school lift and enjoy things you like.
>>
>>42604393
Pretty much nailed it. Wish I read this when I was in HS. I wasted so much of my life playing video games. Anything else would've been smarter to do. Love reading a book.
>>
>>42604213
>Omg

Go back to Facebook
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
>>42603995
The golden one games for motivation, what's wrong with that?
>>
>>42604472
Video games aren't stimulating you fucking mong. Stop using this excuse it's such bullshit and you're lying to yourself to justify your bad habits.

The point isn't just video games, replace video games with FB or something and it's the same issue. We're talking about giving up useless timesinks to make time for productivity and wholesome hobbies.

This is the mindset of someone that thinks it's ok to waste hours a day sitting and staring at a screen. They can't comprehend that it really is that simple, they just want their fix.
>>
>>42604385
THIS
>>
>>42604393
>An hour or 2 of stimulation

rofl what sort of shit tier games have you been playing? Also have you ever taken drugs? I'm guessing you haven't. Have fun with your total lack of life experience.
>>
I'm always confused in these threads where people tell you to read a book or they're the type of idiots who watch TV all the time. Reading is just another hobby, and it's one the pretentious people here probably don't even enjoy they just think it makes them smart or sophisticated or some shit. They probably read absolute trash or ayn rand or something. Then you've got people who think it's okay to ever watch TV on your own time. You literally sit and watch while doing nothing, it is the ultimate time waste of a hobby, it requires no thought whatsoever you just drool like the retard you are in front of it.

These threads are as bad as the 'what hobbies do you have for social gains' ones. You're as fake as the girls you make fun of at the gym
>>
>>42604234
never
>>42604271
sluts are easy as fuck and require little to no effort to bang, and if you are not a virgin loser you can rack up some fuck buddies the longer you stay in the game
>>
>24
>Still playing vidya, though no AAA cinematic shit "games"
>Mostly fighting or CUHRAYZEE games at this point, some rhythm too
>Want to cosplay Jin Kazama or Ryu by next year with a fitting body.
>>
>>42604516
>all that ya lit
>posters on the wall
>plays vidya
how old is this guy?
>>
Next you people will tell me to stop watching anime ON 4CHAN lmao
>>
>>42604296
are you working every minute of the day?
>>
>>42604046
I'm the same but I'm 22 and without a job
>all this gamer shaming itt
Shaking my head t.b.h
>>
>>42604343
no it's not
>>
>>42604563
27 I think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzwi8rxI-88
this is the video where talks about this topic
>>
>>42604497
The difference is playing video games is a sedentary, isolated activity. You could play a 30 minute game of basketball with some randos at the gym and get more enjoyment and mental stimulation than you would playing video games all night. Reading a book, even fiction, increases your grammar/vocabulary skills and thinking ability. Video games destroy your attention span and imagination/critical thinking ability

We're social creatures. You can pretend that talking to someone online counts as socializing, but that's shit-tier activity

The pro-vidya's argument comes down to >sure we're heroin addicts, but at least we're not smoking meth
>I may be a heroin addict, but I'm happy and that's all that matters in life
>>
File: images (4).jpg (22KB, 288x512px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
22KB, 288x512px
>>42604559
my brother
>mfw not juicy enough to cosplay fang, yet
>no face

one day i may, one day i may
>>
>>42604404
Yeah you might be right. Probably wouldn't hurt to get a new hobby or two. I'm not entirely sure if it'll get me out more though. I was like this as a young kid before I even started playing video games.
>>
>>42604603
Nailed it as well.

Why are gamers so incredibly defensive holy fuck. We are trying to show you the light.
>>
>>42604296
>videogames are a waste of time
>browsing 4chan is totally ok though
>>
>>42604393
>implying lifting doesn't induce drug-like effects
>implying fucking doesn't induce drug-like effects
>implying eating doesn't induce drug-like effects

You will need a better argument because nearly everything you do to your body can be considered a drug.
>>
>>42603995
@ 23
>>
The only reason why I play video games is because I have absolutely no idea what else I could do with my time.

I don't care about TV or reading. I always feel like I should go outside more, but I have no idea what to do outside.
>>
>>42604630
Thnx bro

They just can't see the truth, they don't want to because they're dependent on the comfortable sameness of vidya.

Giving it up would mean growing up and entering the unknown, where there's the possibility of failure and uncertainty. If they deny their addiction is a problem, or that there even is an addiction, they can stay in their bubble of sameness, where there is no success, but more importantly, there is no failure or uncertainty. We've planted the seed, we can't expect to break them out of their destructive habits right away, they've spent years building up their coping mechanisms to become willfully blind to the mistakes they're making.

>>42604631
The difference is browsing 4chan is something you can do for 1-5 minutes at a time throughout the day when you need a break from whatever, where you can discuss relevant topics and help someone or learn something yourself. Video games are something you devote yourself to for hundreds of hours. We had one guy in this thread that thinks it's acceptable to play vidya for 1-3 hours/day just because he's off of work.
>>
>>42604603

You're deluded
>>
>>42604656
Jesus Christ. I'm out. You fuckers are either trolling or retarded and it's not worth trying to help you either way.

Every one of those things you mentioned takes up less time than vidya, is more rewarding, and involves a basic need being satisfied. There's no way you could rationalize having sex or eating being less than playing video games. He's saying video games are like doing cocaine or something. An addictive drug that harms the body/mind instead of improving it. Sex is a basic human need, eating is a basic human need.

Good thread OP, but unfortunately our fitbros are too fucking retarded to see the truth when it's being spelled out for them.

>>42604790
I'll take on one more. How am I deluded? If you know that, please explain it to me so I might try to improve myself and not be deluded

You're referring to my post where I'm talking basic psychology points that are all proven facts, so... yeah please explain
>>
playing video games is the biggest time sink ""hobby"" you could do, it's on the same level as masturbation. Even watching television inundates you with pop culture and conversation topics to use in real life. Just compare it to any other activity and you'll realize it is nothing more than a sink for your time, where you trade it solely for satisfaction. I don't even know where this defense for playing video games comes from. I used to play 8-12 hours of world of warcraft a day regularly. It's just a waste of time. You can have fun through other means while also developing life and social skills

>b-but I enjoy it

that's good for you, just don't try to claim it's on the same level as nearly any other "hobby", it's the lowest tier of activity you could occupy yourself with. All hobbies provide satisfaction as well as other important skills/experiences, except for video games
>>
I'm in school full time, work part time, have a steady gf and play tons of vidya. Life is pretty good.
>>
File: IMG_2295.png (678KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2295.png
678KB, 1366x768px
Still play vidya. Mostly JRPG's, RPG's, shooters, and adventure games. Hate sports games and never play them. Would rather play sports irl. Just finished FFXV and platinumed it (easiest game to platinum ever). I usually binge play for 1-3 hours a day, and 5-7 hour on weekends. The binges last about a month, then I get tired and go cold turkey for a month. It doesn't really do anything bad for my life. I still easily maintain going to the gym, my two part-time jobs, my grades, singing practice, and my gf. If it wasn't for my college meal plan and my gf cooking for me, maybe I wouldn't be able to play as much because meal prep takes a bit of time each day, but whatever.

Weakest lift is deadlift because I don't do it.

Weakest lift I actually do is standing overhead press because I overextend my back forward, which causes instability in the posterior chain. I tried to fix it, but now I usually just prefer to do seated overhead press.
>>
File: 1398965206844.jpg (94KB, 544x479px) Image search: [Google]
1398965206844.jpg
94KB, 544x479px
>>42604848
>All hobbies provide satisfaction as well as other important skills/experiences
>>
>>42604874
Do you see yourself playing video games in 10 years? What about 20?
I'm seeing a lack of foresight in the people defending their addiction.

What's your wife going to think when you're spending a couple hours a day playing vidya instead of taking care of the kids/chores/her? Do you have friends? What will they say when you never hang out with them because you spend your free time sitting inside, alone?

That's the mindset I used to quit tobacco. I talked to too many people that wished they had quit at my age, and saw the damage it did to myself and them. I couldn't see myself dipping or smoking in 5 years, let alone 20. I could no longer justify satisfying my addiction for now, when I would only wish I hadn't in a couple years. Once I learned that I was able to apply it to other things like vidya. It was hard, harder than quitting tobacco, because like the other people in this thread, I didn't want to admit that it was a problem.
I started playing the bass, I started knitting, I started cooking, I read more. I did anything I could to avoid just sitting there like a sack of potatoes. Now I'm good enough to play bass in my church band, cook gourmet dinners for me and the missus, and I've taken a recent interest in philosophy where I've expanded my view of the world and learned to make better relationships with people, which I actually have now because I go out and socialize instead of sitting inside all day.
>>
>>42605004
Can you name a hobby that doesn't provide satisfaction?
Spoiler: you can't because then it wouldn't be a hobby, it'd be a chore
>>
>>42604757
so what am I supposed to do then? be productive every second of every day? I'm not allowed any downtime? I'm not allowed any free time? I should be writing a novel and watching lectures on YouTube in my free time? Should I stop using 4chan as well and stop playing with my daughter because it's not productive enough? You're the one with the insecurity, man. You think you can't be "manly" enough until you've sacrificed all the things you like to do. You think you have to "put away childish things" in order to prove to yourself that you're this non-existent paragon of masculinity, when in reality, you're just a scared child with a superiority complex who gets off on putting anonymous strangers down.
>>
>>42605008
>implying if you play videogames you are always addicted to them
>implying if you play videogames you cannot have any other hobbies or improve yourself
>>
>>42603995
I agree, videogames are trash and dumb to play.
>>
>>42605134
I never once mentioned masculinity my dude. We never said you should never do anything besides work, you've created a flimsy straw man.

Don't be thick, humans need to play, but that means playing with others doing activities and socializing, not sitting in front of a screen in a dark room playing mind numbing video games. There's so many things you can do that are fulfilling instead of working or playing vidya. If you want to write a novel, go for it. Maybe it'll be good and you'll make some money, or it won't and the internet will have one more sonic fanfic to go through. Go out and have a picnic, meet up with some friends to play bball or something.

The point, which I'm honestly surprised needs to be repeated this many times, is that instead of wasting your time with _____ you could be doing _____ which is more rewarding and actually improves yourself as a person. This is a revelation myself and others have had as we grew up, and we want to share this knowledge with our anons because we know if/when you have the same revelation, you will wish someone had told you sooner and you'll want to tell other people. We're not even trying to give you a head start over your peers, most people know this already. We're just trying to keep you in the race

I'll put down any motherfucker that is too dumb to read and reach the right conclusion. If you're too incompetent to utilize basic reading comprehension to create an idea you're legitimately retarded and unfit to live on this overpopulated rock. So get off your butthurt high horse and start thinking critically or gtfo. Your feelings have no place here.
>>
>>42603995
>"become a man"
>still on 4chan
>>
>>42605008
>What's your wife going to think when you're spending a couple hours a day playing vidya instead of taking care of the kids/chores/her?
Wow, the kids are having so much fun playing mario party with him.
> Do you have friends? What will they say when you never hang out with them because you spend your free time sitting inside, alone?
Fuck, your Ryu is too good. Can't wait to get together again next weekend.
>>
OHP

Only happened a few months ago to be completely honest, family.
>>
>>42603995
more like when did you start being bad at video games and got so mad you gave them up then started pretending it makes you a man to do so

for me never because i'm not a casual dyel bitch like you
>>
>>42603995
I don't play single player games anymore, but I'll dip into steam to stay in touch with my brother and friends back in my home state. I do pretty well socially and with women, and I've got a good career. It's definitely a time waster though.

My weakest lift is squat. I bench as much as I squat because of chronic knee issues. Now I just squat light for volume.
>>
>>42603995
>Grow out of video games
This is a meme. You just get busy and don't like having to invest a pointless amount of time and attention to sit down and do nothing else but focus on a video game that is likely to be mediocre and unengaging.

It doesn't mean that you've "grown out" of it, it's more that you're burned out.

I cheat though, I keep my 3ds around because it's easier to sneak a little game time on a hand-held, as it feels like less of an investment of time and attention.
>>
When I was like 12 but I did anyway

Also, OHP. What a demanding mistress that lift can be.
>>
>>42603995
I'm still weak as shit in everything basically even though I've been lifting (off and on) for almost a year

>6'1 180
>deadlift 225
>squat 205
>don't benchpress with barbell cause I'm afraid I won't be able to do 135
>>
>>42604757
>We had one guy in this thread that thinks it's acceptable to do something he finds enjoyable, fun and relaxing for 1-3 hours/day just because he's off of work.

HAHAHAHAHA yeah what a fucking loser!
>>
>>42605180
We're talking about people that have a problem here. Playing a round of zombies with your mates every once in a while isn't a problem.

>implying if you use heroin recreationally you're always addicted
>implying if you use heroin you can't have a job or improve yourself

Last time I'm gonna say it cuz y'all are really not getting it. Just know that I've honestly tried to help you.
Just... think about it, all of you. We really do know what we're talking about, it's an absolute truth. It'll take some time for you to even be able to break the cycle because it's so ingrained in you by now, but just keep at it and you'll be there one day. It's so much nicer
>>
>>42605412
>literally comparing an entertainment medium to heroin
dude just stop
>>

I rarely play them, I just go on a nostalgia streak but get bored half an hour later.

Weakest lift is deadlift.
>>
>>42605412
Just curious anon, how old are you?
>>
>>42605412
>We're talking about people that have a problem here.
People who waste 6-8 hours every day playing videogames have a problem, not someone who plays for 2 hours in his free time like that guy. Seriously?
In a previous post you said
>I started playing the bass, I started knitting
How is this more productive than playing videogames? How are videogames less social than doing stuff like this when you could easily just play videogames with some friends?
>>
>>42605388
You have to be 18 to post here

Any adult knows that amount of time is needed doing real things, not pressing a button repeatedly like you're one of Skinner's rats.

ITT butthurt faggot children that are too afraid to enter the real world so they'd rather stare at poorly programmed pixels
>>
around 20 interest waned. I still like talking about games, but I get incredibly bored playing them

also my deadlifts are pityful.
>>
>>42603995

I still play CSGO once or twice a week with my mates for an hour or two. That's pretty much it now though.

weakest lift...deadlifts.
>>
18, but I still play them from time to time when nobody wants to hang out

shoulder dumbbell flys
>>
22, I know I need to stop but I just can't quite bring myself to. I have so much free time and I've sunk so much fucking money into my Steam Library. Feels like a waste if I don't play them, even if it doesn't feel the same anymore.

Weakest lift is bench because pectus
>>
I didn't really "grow out" of videogames. I just stopped associating them as a hobby or identifying myself as "someone who plays videogames".

It went from actively wanting to play most major releases as a teenager. To dedicating time out of my week to play games as a young adult.

Now - I've completely disassociated myself to them, and simply view them as another art form - alongside music, tv/film, or performance art consumption.

If a new release really catches my attention (new fromsoft game, or valve release) then I'll dedicate my time to it.

Otherwise, they're simply a periphery.
>>
File: Tea Leaves-2.jpg (211KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Tea Leaves-2.jpg
211KB, 2560x1600px
>>42603995
Still gaiming (22)
>Deadlift 340
>>
20. I still play them, but when I do its usually with friends and even then I'm not nearly as enthused as I used to be. Just another thing to do now.

My squats bring shame and dishonor upon my family.
>>
>>42605491
>any adult knows that amount of time is needed doing real things, not doing things you enjoy
you seem bitter
>>
File: 979.jpg (25KB, 532x320px) Image search: [Google]
979.jpg
25KB, 532x320px
>>42604577
>22 yr old NEET defending gamers
>>
>>42605668
>any adult knows that amount of time is needed doing real things, not doing things you enjoy
>you seem bitter
Well anon, you see he arbitrarily defined videogames as pointless, so they don't count. Other forms of entertainment are totally fine so long as they were socially acceptable thirty years ago.
>>
>>42605312
Going out and doing stuff with people always ends up being a disappointment for me. Vacuous conversations and end up having to spend money.
>>
>>42603995
19 I still play a little of one or two co-op games but it's significantly reduced since i was younger, mostly just feels like wasting time if i do it now
>>
File: tumblr_nyus40dbLT1v0kwxro1_1280.jpg (434KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyus40dbLT1v0kwxro1_1280.jpg
434KB, 1280x1920px
lost a lot of interest in vidya pretty much this year i guess so 25/26. I still play but not as hardcore, prob like 8 hours/week now from like 30-40 2014-2017. weakest is OHP/bench cause I never did pullups growing up XD
>>
>Dentist
>Own boss
>work 4 days a week
>Earn 80k bongistan dollars post tax
>have house
>car
>dentist gf
>lift 8-10 hrs a week hopefully will hit 2/3/4/5 in the next 6-8 months
>go shooting and hunting when in season
>read
>still have time for vidya and 4chan
I have too hobbies lad.
>>
>>42605745
don't bother replying to that faggot. he's already made up his mind that video games are evil, and anyone who plays them is a lost sheep who must be shepherded to the other side. responsible adults know what they can and cannot do, and they don't let opinionated faggots on the internet tell them how to live their lives. don't feel like you have to stop doing something you like just because some faggot with a superiority complex writes paragraphs trying to tell you what a loser you are. video games are fine in moderation.
>>
I never did. Its just that i have to provide for myself which means i have to weigh the time on video game as an investment and thats when video games are ruined forever, you cant enjoy video games if you have to think "do i have time for this / could i do something better with my time".

I hate adulthood.
>>
>>42605801
Basically this. I'm constantly working to improve my standard of living and myself in general .

I sold my ps3 back in 3rd year university and never looked back.
>>
>>42605794
many*
>>
>>42605668
>>42605722
Read about Skinner and his rat experiments, then you'll understand why both video games and your posts are nonsense
>>
About 21 I stopped caring about vidya

My weakest is bench because idk it just is, gotta increase that arm strength too i spose
>>
>>42605857
>Read about Skinner and his rat experiments, then you'll understand why both video games and your posts are nonsense
I know about skinner boxes you nignog. Any activity that you do by choice can be reduced to "It's just behavioral conditioning bro".
>>
File: Owlturd.png (310KB, 619x2046px) Image search: [Google]
Owlturd.png
310KB, 619x2046px
>>42604612
Find guy friends who are very outgoing and they will help you get out there. It will start as just hanging out and before yu know it your off to a party and drinking with plenty of women around. You just have to be confident in who you are and know that it doesnt matter what anybody else thinks, even grillz.
>>
>>42605794
You're ok now, but what about when your gf becomes your wife and you have more responsibilities? Will your gf even marry you if you still play video games? All the girls I've ever met have said they hate how there boyfriend played video games
I had a PA friend fresh out of school in your situation, except he didn't lift or have a gf. He went to work, he came home, he played on his ps4 or watched TV until he went to sleep. He complained to me he wanted a gf but he still lived with his parents, was gaining weight, and never went out. If he split up the time he spent laying in bed doing nothing he could have gotten back in shape, found a gf, found a house, and been happy

>>42605800
whatever you say guy.
>>
File: 798.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
798.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>42605996
>Will your gf even marry you if you still play video games? All the girls I've ever met have said they hate how there boyfriend played video games
>implying she's worth marrying if she wants to police your hobbies
>caring about what women think
>>
Video games are for kids. I played N64. And at around 14 years old I stopped gaming completely.
>>
>>42606036
>X is inherently for children
People still have this mentality? Sad.
>>
Never. 26 now.
Weakest is squat at 300lbs.
>>
>>42605996
I dunno we've only been together for a year. All my other gfs have been fine with my vidya playing except one but I did take it too far playing Diablo 2 for 7/8+ hrs a day in highschool.
>>
>mfw i found a girl who likes me cus i play video games
>>
>>42605996
>wanting a wife
Dude have you ever been in a long term relationship? You guys are always whining about your no gf feels but I don't think you realize that having a girl around every single day that you are supposed to take care of and listen to is fucking shit. I have had a lot of girlfriends, and the older I get the worse girls become about bullshit like telling you what to do and what to fix and clean and whatever the fuck. Haven't you seen movies? Notice how the married guys always make "jokes" about how much they hate their lives? Do you have any married friends? Did your parents seem happy?

The bachelor life is the only fucking way. You can fuck whoever you want and do whatever you want.. I mean you have to be fucking insane to get married. Its like signing up to have a new mom to whine at you forever and you never get to move out or you have to give her half of your money. Marriage is literally for cucks.
>>
>>42606055
Do you still suck on a pacifier?
Some things are for kids.

Video games being one of them.
>>
File: disgusted.jpg (68KB, 640x706px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted.jpg
68KB, 640x706px
>>42605794
>>go shooting and hunting when in season
>>
>>42606102
>Video games being one of them.
Define the qualities that relegate them to childishness or prevent them from being suitable entertainment for adults. What makes them more childish than movies, card games, etc.?
>>
>>42605996
>again with this "IF HE DIDN'T PLAY VIDEOGAMES, THEN HE COULD HAVE...!" shit
>>
>>42606087
Ya but the bachelor life gets old. I've had many gfs in my 20s and an ex fiancé. I've gone a while without gfs. Just fucking young dumb sluts for years now .But that shit just doesn't fulfill me anymore in anyway. So I've been dating a girl for a year now and definitely have her in my long term plans. I wanna have kids with her and grow old with her.

You won't be a swinging hip young slut fucking bachelor in your 50s. That's just pathetic and sad.

By 35 a man should have a kid(at least 1) and a woman.
>>
>be me
>30
>full time husband
>full time dad
>full time job, working from home
>happily married with two children
>oldest is smart as hell, put in gifted program
>bang my wife to orgasm nightly
>cook for the family 4 nights a week
>pick the kids up from school
>draw and paint with my oldest daily
>work out for an hour every day
>boxing 2 nights a week
>hang out with friends 2-3 nights a week
>play video games between the hours of 09:00PM and 11:00PM
tell me again how I'm an anti-social waste of space because I play hearthstone and listen to podcasts at night
>>
>a 30 year old spending 14 hours a week on video games

Sad.
>>
>>42606157
no reason to larp here bud

let me guess math phd?
>>
>>42603995
21. Replaced vidya with alcohol, realised then that I had an addiction with escapism, fixed my shit, but I'm 0 skills high school grad at 23. Better now than 30s, but I feel like I'm doomed to skipping around entry level jobs.
>>
>>42606169
How dare he have hobbies we don't approve of. He should be watching sportsball or knitting.
>>
>>42606147
>By 35 a man should have a kid(at least 1) and a woman.
holy shit what no
When I'm 35 I'll still be fucking 25 year old women, and cucks like you can tell me all day that I'm living life incorrectly while I show you my bank account not being drained by 5 other humans dependent on me and then when I'm in my 50s I'll show you the nice house I sit around in and enjoy myself not being nagged by some now wrinkly woman whom I've grown to hate over the last 30 years..

Jesus christ m8 its not 1935 anymore, "being a man" is overrated I think I'll just be happy instead thanks
>>
>>42605932
I'm confident in myself and all that. It just happens that myself is almost hermit level introverted. I'm pretty well socially adjusted and all that though. Apparently I'm pretty funny. The problem more that I don't have anybody that I actually like hanging out with. So most of the time I just stay home. I'm mostly at peace with this but it'd be nice to have a close friend.
>>
>>42606207
>not reproducing

Kys cuck
>>
>>42604221
similar, mid 20s (29 now). I play an hour or less a week.

I went back to replay some old JRPGs because those were my favorite but holy shit were most of those grindy as fuck. How did I ever have the time?

I own a ps4 but have like 4 games and don't really value the social aspect of gaming. My friends want me to start playing overwatch with them but id honestly rather chill in real life.

That said, I don't actually give a fuck if other people game heavily. Just isn't for me anymore.
>>
>>42606258
And weakest lift is OHP. It's not awful I just squad and DL a lot.
>>
>>42603995
I feel like I've just reached this level and I'm 29, most games make me vomit after 1 hour of playing.
OHP
>>
>>42606258
Sell your ps4. I sold mine just last week. It wast just collecting dust.
>>
>>42606237
this pretty much describes me as well

no problem hanging out with people or just chillin but honestly I get bored really quick (my problem not anyone else)
>>
>>42606307
I kinda want to play ace combat 7, though.
>>
>>42606207
That is probably for the best, then. I hope you enjoy your life.
>>
>>42606241
>durr durr reproduction is impertent
Human beings are an unneeded conscious disease 7 billion strong and we'll be extinct in the next few hundred years. Enjoy paying alimony and child support within the next decade you fucking monkey. Once again, I'll be here ripped healthy wealthy and fucking whoever I want until the day I die, free from the shackles of some "honor student" piece of shit kid who is truly average in every way and absolutely unimportant within the infinite vastness of the cosmos. I'm sorry you are so stupid.
>>
>>42606367
I kind of agree with you but your post absolutely reeks of fedora
>>
>>42606367
Dude, fuck having kids 'n shit. Life is pointless, just like it says on le rick and morty. Let's let all le african and low IQ people have kids for us. That'll lead to a nice retirement.

EDIT: Wow, thanks for all the gold.

EDIT: Boy, that escalated quickly.
>>
>>42606394
Underage fedora
>>
>>42606367
>He thinks he'll be fucking young slags when he turns 50..

.hell even 40 you won't be

Kys asap.
>>
>>42606442
Fuck it I'm taking the bait >>>/reddit/
>>
>>42606394
i just talk like this online, i could do the brospeak I use irl but whatever I don't fucking care
kids are pointless, supporting others is pointless, life is pointless. hedonism is the only logical approach to being alive, whether you do it stupidly (heroin addiction, NEET life) or intelligently (muscles/health, money, girls to fuck)
we don't need more people. reproduction is short sighted arrogance and monkey brain caveman stupidity. marrying the woman you "love" is your brain chemistry fooling you into letting women do what they have always done and will always do, leech. If you can't access the necessary metacognition to see that life is a big stupid game and you are player one and all that matters is YOU getting the high score then you deserve the miserable life you build around yourself.

*tips fedora*
>>
>>42606335
Yeah having to be entertaining for friends gets boring. Especially when they're boring.
>>
>>42606476
>If you can't access the necessary metacognition to see that life is a big stupid game and you are player one and all that matters is YOU getting the high score then you deserve the miserable life you build around yourself.
I remember 8th too, it gets better.
>>
>>42606464
>40 year old guys in great shape never get younger women
>50 year old guys in great shape never fuck hot 35 year old women

Jesus fuck you guys are doomed. You haven't fucked a tenth of the girls I have. You will never half a tenth of the fortune I have. You will live stupid little average lives where you believe your kids and wife and life are special, and you will waste your time on this planet completely.

Keep posting, your shitty lives will be punishment enough I don't even care

*flips fedora and twirls around in a dance of superior enlightenment*
>>
>>42606476
so, loyalty and integrity and wanting to leave a legacy are just brain chemicals that get in the way of getting the high score in life, huh? man, sounds like you got it all figured out. btw how old are you?
>>
>>42606515
Great argument mature smartguy. Tell me again how smart your kids are. Tell me again how fun it is fucking one woman for 30 years who gets fatter every day. Keep trying to make yourself feel better about your shit life. You are really teaching me a great life lesson m8
>>
>>42606367
>>42606476
I agree on the fact we need less humans on this planet but other than that you're kind of a fag, dude
>>
>>42606519
>loyalty and integrity and wanting to leave a legacy
god damn I'm done with this thread now
you people are so fucking average pls gb2 reddit wtf

I'm 24 man, and the simple fact is I'm better than you and it makes you uncomfortable and angry. I will go on having more fun and more pleasure and more money and more sex than you will ever have a chance at, and you will keep having "loyalty and integrity" and ideals. And you will die unsatisfied and average and boring, and I will breath my last breath from underneath a pile of underwear models. But enjoy that legacy smartguy.
>>
>>42606540
lol good one m8 you showed him what a fag
>>
>>42606481
I'm actually a little bit alarmed how many of my friends have few or no hobbies that aren't basically passive consumerism.
>>
>>42606537
Don't be a numale and you won't have problems, if she still slips up, leave her. There are ways to protect your assets.
>Tell me again how smart your kids are.
Smarter than the africans with a 7.0 birthrate.
>>
i bet OPs weakest lift is also his strongest
>>
Quake Champions came out yesterday. That's the first vidya I've played in years, because I fucking love Quake.
>>
>>42606102
you're just a faggot trying to bait. not only do i bet you play videogames, i bet you have shit taste too.
>>
File: 1498157490026.jpg (12KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
1498157490026.jpg
12KB, 474x473px
>>42606641
>you're just a faggot trying to bait. not only do i bet you play videogames, i bet you have shit taste too.
Yeah, I bet he couldn't even handle SMT4
>>
>>42606667
>SMT4
smt is one of the jap games i like desu, maybe i was wrong about your taste. you got me there
>>
>>42606686
>maybe i was wrong about your taste. you got me there
Thanks anon. What's your favorite demon?
>>
>>42606609
what are you even talking about now? are you in a competition with the africans? you're babbling. it's ok though it must be hard to maintain a clear head with all the despair and stress your shitty family brings you
>mmuh wife is not fat i can protect my assts my kids are better than africa
>>
>>42606709
yoma because my taste is shit when it comes to demons
>>
Bro video games aren't the issue if you need to get laid, being fuckin ugly is
>>
>>42604848
>>I used to play 8-12 hours of world of warcraft a day regularly. It's just a waste of time.
>I was a fat nerd with absolutely no self-control so I don't know what moderation means - the post
This also applies to a lot of people ITT
>durr you play a couple hours a week what are your friends going to say when you spend all ur free time inside xD
>>
>>42606722
Yoma's a fine race. Your taste is pretty alright.
>>

I got a girlfriend and pussy outweighed the vidya jew. Idk how a grown ass man can spent 6+ hours per day as Batman, hit the bed at night and can remotely accept themselves as an upstanding man.

>Pic related; it's me.
>>
>>42606738
I don't understand. Every time this thread rolls around everyone talks about productivity as if they're working on something every waking moment of the day. We live. We die. I'll be damned if I don't do what I enjoy while I'm here. Have self control but don't delude yourself into thinking that all of your problems will be solved if you quit playing video games.
>>
>>42606814
Having worked in Europe, Asia and North America, it's very strange to me how it's far more common in America (than anywhere else) to weigh how productive a supposedly relaxing hobby is.
>>
>>42606814
They're the same people who claim self-help books are better than good fiction (I notice this in almost all cases).
>>
>>42606587
I once went to hang out by the river with the guys. They just sat in a truck at vaped. What the fuck.
>>
>>42606582
ikr
>>
File: 1491169196539.jpg (333KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491169196539.jpg
333KB, 600x600px
im 21 and i still marathon a game over the weekend every few months, which i think is a pretty reasonable amount of gaming
now anime on the other hand...thats a whole other beast
>>
>>42607173
How the hell is anime in any way attractive to people, it's shitty animated cartoons, where is the pleasure? Is it all for the imagination? Like waifu shit?
>>
I hope you anons aren't insecure enough about your maturity that you do what adults are ''supposed'' to do instead of doing what you want

As long as you can live independently without relying on others, pay your expenses it and can act like a mature, well adjusted person in public then watching anime or playing miniature games or anything similar won't matter. Not being obsessed with maturity as a sign of approval is part of becoming an actual adult.
>>
>>42607249

I honestly tried to get into it. I honestly wanted to see the appeal of it. But I just can't. All those demons, superpowers, ghosts. GTFO.
>>
>>42607249
Manga is way superior but some animes are good I guess

>>42607332
What are you even talking about
>>
>>42607332
>>42607249
Different guy but some animus are good dunno dude
>>
>>42607249
Watch the first episode of Cowboy Bebop or the movie Akira and then make your decision.
>>42607332
What did you watch?
>All those demons, superpowers, ghosts. GTFO.
Fucking Imaginationlets, when will they learn?
>>
>>42607249
humans are programmed to find things with big heads and big eyes cute, so anime definitely has a cuteness appeal. then, there's the fact that anime is more "mature" than western cartoons, so young boys can easily make the switch from Looney Tunes to Naruto without having to give up animation. A lot of it is for young boys to imagine power fantasies, since anime often revolves around a shy, timid young man who becomes "the chosen one" and has to defeat evil. Then, those same young men, when faced with reality, retreat back to their cartoons, back to the womb, so they don't have to participate in the scary real world.
>>
>>42607332

Do you think anime is all about characters with special powers fighting each other and cute girls doing cute thing?

How about using google and finding anime aimed for mature audiences?
>>
>>42607249
2d waifus
>>
>>42607249
Berserk man. Berserk is what solidified my love for this shit. Manga is superior though
>>
File: 1448153041371.png (2MB, 1678x1995px) Image search: [Google]
1448153041371.png
2MB, 1678x1995px
>>42607249
tell me how anything can compete with this
>>
>>42603995
deadlift
>>
>>42607409
>A lot of it is for young boys to imagine power fantasies, since anime often revolves around a shy, timid young man who becomes "the chosen one" and has to defeat evil. Then, those same young men, when faced with reality, retreat back to their cartoons, back to the womb, so they don't have to participate in the scary real world.
t. guy who only watched shounen and wants to act like he knows what he's talking about.
Watch some Yuasa and ABe before you make such retarded claims.
>>
File: 6a7d117f52385d222ca211d48270e009.png (919KB, 1365x767px) Image search: [Google]
6a7d117f52385d222ca211d48270e009.png
919KB, 1365x767px
>>42607249
the same way people like movies, anon. its not a hard concept to grasp.
although i guess it would be if i was a waifu shitter but im not, so i guess we are in the same boat there.
>>
>>42603995

I grew out of video games at 19. Got a house, car, pregnant gf. She had a miscarriage and i realized i dont want all that, so now im 25 living at home hoarding money.
>>
>>42607530

Playing wow 8 hours a day to add :)

You guys are crazy if you think theres anything better than gaming with bros
>>
>>42607516
im not watching fucking fruits basket or hamtaro or any of that gay shit you recommended
>>
>>42607553
>im not watching fucking fruits basket or hamtaro or any of that gay shit you recommended
Anon, I recommended you dark, psychological anime. Try to do at least 1 minute of research before you reply.
>>
>>42607516
>arguing with him
He's like that high school bully in movies that gives nerds shit for playing videogames and watching anime
>>
>>42607627
no, I actually like anime and vidya, I'm just trolling and retards like you always take the bait
>>
>>42607768
Damn, what a madman! You really got me, you did!
>>
how to quit video games /fit/?
>>
>>42607999

Become disillusioned about the industry and burn out from the games you used to enjoy. These and you'll have no reason to come back and neither a desire to try out new games.
>>
>>42603995
quit games 18
>>
Why is this such a divisive issue? You only see these sort of discussions about videogames.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (117KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
117KB, 1920x1080px
>>42603995
>quit video games at 19
>become dedicated to self-improvement
>get amazing results over 6 years or so
>go through extremely stressful year
>working an insane amount of hours
>break up with gf
>lose friends
>in constant struggles at first job after college, but outmaneuver main person and come out ahead after significant amounts of bs
>find out i have gum disease and bone loss in my back teeth
>move back in with parents
>depressed as shit
>start jacking off and playing video games again
>mfw
>>
>>42608133

Dumb people don't understand that the issue is actually about all escapism which includes all forms of entertainment so they go and talk only about vidya
>>
>>42603995
27. Stopped smoking weed. Immediately stopped with vidya. Immediately became obsessed with my physique and physical appearance.
>>
i can only go to the gym once a day though what do you do to fill the time
>>
>>42603995
16 and then promptly made the mistake of getting into /tg/ shit instead. I'd be richer and more normie if I stuck with vidya.
>>
>>42608297

But would you be happier?
>>
>>42608279
yup
>>
File: IMG_1856.jpg (35KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1856.jpg
35KB, 640x360px
I still play RPGs (PS2 and Pre-PS2) because it forces you to think strategically, thus it improves mental capacity and stimulates your thinking capabilities. Oddly, you can apply RPG elements in real life. You are own playable character in this world, and everyone else are NPCs. Thinking like this made it easier for me to approach girls. Call of Duty-like games are shit tier.
>>
>>42604343
Hahaha no it isn't. Way too much.
>>
Just turned 42, played video games all my life since pong. It's fucking awesome.
>>
>>42608311
Nope, haven't felt happy playing vidya since I used to chill and play co op shooters with friends over. I love my little plastic men, imaginary worlds and dumb cards but I know it's fucking weird and expensive compared to vidya, I'm in too deep to stop now though.
>>
>>42604115
>You're wasting your time in front of a screen
>Probably spends the same amount of time shitposting on 4chan and looking at shit on his smartphone

Kill yourself, people like you make me want to rip out my own intestines
>>
>>42608368

Nothing wrong with that. Miniature games and models in general are a tier above vidya as a hobby.
>>
videogames are awesome but only if you can control your usage im a piece of shit and will play for 10 hours at a time so i dont play at all but will probably cave when red dead redemption 2 and gta 6 come out
>>
File: IMG_0669.jpg (35KB, 429x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0669.jpg
35KB, 429x375px
>>42603995
About halfway through college when I started lifting and meeting girls and doing more /out/ activities. Video gaymes lost all charm for me.

I tried booting up some games but pic related has been my attitude towards them. I haven't even touched my Xbox in like six months.
>>
Damn guys, for me it was at 15, and I wasn't even one if those hench ppls
>>
>>42606207
you sound shallow and ignorant as fuck
kys
>>
>>42603995
Still play, but significantly reduced amount at 19.

Weakest lift is bench. My OHP, SQ and DL are all looking good, but I can't progress on bench for whatever reason.
>>
>still play video games
>weakest lift is everything

slowly transitioning from lanky, stoner nerd to working out everyday and eating healthy.
>>
>>42605343
This right here, single player stuff doesn't do it for me anymore, but I enjoy Titanfall 2 pretty much exclusively in my downtime. I'm pretty good at it but after a bit I just turn it off and do something else.

I'm 24 have a girlfriend, a decent job, I lift, I go out pretty much every weekend, and working on side hustles to make extra dough. it's all about time management and saying to yourself "this is something I enjoy, but at the same time I know that I can't spend forever doing it, so I'm going to play and then move on to other things."

Recently picked up the banjo and started reading self-improvement books. Starting with How to Win Friends and Influence People. Anyone have any other recommendations?

Weakest lift is Strict Press
>>
>>42605341
>I take video games seriously

Pathetic
>>
>>42604296
Time you enjoy wasting isn't time wasted my friend
>>
>>42603995
18. Deads. I'm busy socializing and having sex when I have free time. No time to play games.
>>
File: w8Qlpgi.jpg (180KB, 1269x1269px) Image search: [Google]
w8Qlpgi.jpg
180KB, 1269x1269px
>>42603995
Grew out of them mostly at 20, although I very rarely play single player games. Can't stand most multiplayer games.

I did enjoy STALKER a lot though.
>>
>>42609389
>I am casual at my hobbies

You are a failure.
>>
31, I still play video games a few hours a week, usually Splatoon with my gf.

Squat
>>
I'm 29 and still play video games, but nowhere near as often as I did when I was in my early 20s and I've completely stopped playing MMORPGs.
>>
>>42606442
Redditors are turbo normies who get butthurt when people don't want cookie cutter lives
>>
>>42610169
>normies
>t. Normie
>>
>>42603995
21-22 started playing progressively less around then

Bench. I love OHP, so I tend to neglect bench
>>
>>42604018
>just do whatever you want
>live and let live goyim
How does it feel to help bring about the end of the western world?
>>
File: ear.jpg (40KB, 635x391px) Image search: [Google]
ear.jpg
40KB, 635x391px
>>42603995
>>
ITT:
>lol playing vidya as an adult is perfectly fine
>lol fuck having kids they're just a waste of (((money)))
>just let the new generations of westerners exist as eternal children, there totally won't be any consequences
All the bullshit money you "saved" by destroying our society isn't going to save you when the chickens come home to roost.
>>
>>42609682
>im serious about manchild hobbies

u r a walking joke
>>
>>42610512
Have you looked out the window? This world is filed with rioting leftists and liberal dipshits. Why bother raising children who will just have to grow up paying handouts to single mothers and refugees?
>>
>25 years old
>have never played video games regularly in my entire life
>have never even owned a game system besides a normal laptop
>still end up a completely autistic friendless permavirginfor my whole life
>>
>>42610835
>it's hopeless, never work to improve the future
If you legitimately believe this you should end it. You're just as much of a leech as the leftists.
>>
>playing videogames is such a waste of time!
>he says while posting on /fit/

>>42605996
>he is such a fucking beta he cedes to social pressure

Yep. Thread made by losers and for losers. Be your own man.
>>
>>42610799
Lifting is childish.
Why aren't you doing cardio like real men should?
Humans are made for endurance, not strength.
Only men who embrace their hunter origins are real men, deviation means you are killing real manhood.
Be a hunter, train your endurance, give up the jewish body building meme.
>>
>>42603995

I'm still addicted to Counter-Strike unfortunately

I'm not even good at it

But I don't play any other video games. I would like to get to the point where I play it maybe once a week.

Weakest lift is squatting for the same reason as OP

23 y/o here
>>
File: 1452035529256 (1).png (3MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1452035529256 (1).png
3MB, 900x900px
> OP can't into time managment
> OP can't into squats
>>
18. used to be hardcore into wow, cs, dota. I then read only self improvement books only and completely cut anything related to fiction such as movies, books, board games out of my life. currently a CEO, making 8 figures. My hobbies are wine tasting, self improvement,golf and gym. I do not take kindly to people with childish hobbies and have sacked a previous CIO because I found out he plays Nintendo.

weakest lift is deadlift at 565
>>
>>42609300
I'm the opposite in that I almost exclusively play single player. MP is more addictive and less rewarding I find.
>>
>>42603995
I cant enjoy Videogames anymore.
>>
File: 1404748158792.jpg (124KB, 609x607px) Image search: [Google]
1404748158792.jpg
124KB, 609x607px
>>42611515
>18
>currently a CEO, making 8 figures
>weakest lift is deadlift at 565
>>
Bench

My gf bought me OW for my birthday last year, it's been really good for bonding with my little brother. We're both 12 weeks out.
>>
>>42603995

back squat but not by a lot, back squat and bench could catch up to each other. they're within one or two cycles of eachother
>>
File: 1488896629025.jpg (61KB, 728x704px) Image search: [Google]
1488896629025.jpg
61KB, 728x704px
>>42603995
I'm 25, and still can't let it go. Help me become a man, /fit/.

You are the only one who tells me straight to my face how big of a manchild I am.

I gave up multiplayer games tho. Those sucked me in and made me an angry faggot.

My weakest lift is deadlift because I'm a lanky.
>>
18. Weakest lift is dead. I used to suffer from depression and all I had to pass the time was video games, so every time I try to play I just get reminded of those dark times. Lifting pulled me out of it though so this is the best decision i've made for sure.
>>
>>42603995
Well Jacob Paul still plays video games and I'd consider him to be a man so...
>>
>>42603995
You can really see the arm implants from this angle.
>>
>>42606207
See kids this is what "Be your own man" gets you, the male equivalent of an SJW insane TumblrHoe.

Honestly I play vidya, shit fucking Elon Musk plays vidya on the weekend this guy can't talk shit about him. The truth is there is no one size fits all approach to many things. Except like pjs and shit but thats not the point. Point is you have to do what works for you. Quit vidya/jerking offt/anime/wasting time for 3 months and start "reading and expanding your mind" and see if these have a positive or negative impact. By quit I mean cold. See if your life is better or it isn't and you go back to what you were doing if it doesnt end up making you who you want to be. No need for debate just get past this argument by doing.
>>
>>42612445
26 year old here. The way I stopped was that I got far too busy in the first couple of years out of college, not to mention broke once the student loan repayments started, so I stopped buying new games. Then I got bored playing old games over and over again, and now that I'm in a better place in my career and have more free time, I just never picked gaming back up, and have started doing other hobbies instead.

Never going to let my kids go down that fucking rabbit hole.
>>
>>42611515
This has to be bait
>>
16, I just got bored of most games.
Now I'll play a short casual match of overwatch or LoL with my gamer buds whenever I have the time. The last time I fully played through an entire game was dark souls 3, but that was after I got bored of games in general, I just really liked the souls series.
Weakest lift is either the conventional deadlift or front squat, I never do them.
I do romanian deadlifts & squats for leg day though.
>>
~17, except for counter-strike. still pop heads on that. chad game though

bench thanks to monkey arms
>>
>>42611010
Is this ironic or what
>>
25, still playing. Having more fun with them than I used too years ago.
>>
>>42603995

OHP because my left shoulder is cancer and won't work like a normal shoulder
>>
>>42604031

This might be the best post on this entire site
>>
>>42604031
>you can do whatever the fuck you want
>but you'll (post here) to judge others for (posting here)
>>
>>42604296
Ok wageslave enjoy working all your life
>>
On the topic of video games, I can honestly say I wish I never played a single one. Like if I could go back in time, I'd slap the controller out of the hands of my younger self and force him to get into sports. I wasted so much time playing video games by myself and I'm pretty certain it's the reason I was such an autist through my teen years. All that time I spent playing when other guys my age were socialising, dating girls and getting laid. Fuck I hate my younger self.

I'm 22 btw and still playing.
>>
>>42612727
amen brother
>>
>>42610512
Says the man on 4chan
>>
I wish I had seen the light way earlier.
I will never get those hours back. Hours I could put in socializing, bettering myself, a nice hobby and school.
Instead all I had to show for were useless ingame achievements.
In the real world your k/d ratio does not count, nobody will be impressed with your ingame empire.
>>
>>42604031
>I'll do whatever the fuck I want
Seriously though, the reason I started lifting was because I wanted to look like a Human player model from WoW.
Probably the worst thing for social gains is staying on this atrocious Chinese Rice Farming board desu
>>
>>42603995
>not being ripped as shit and being interested in japshit and visual novels and youtube streaming

Nobody said you have to be an autistic gymcel who tries to emulate subhuman aussies by doing shirtless raves and hugging other shitless guys 10x more often than the women.
>>
>>42612727
Buy it Reddit gold next time
>>
>>42615050
wow ur so cool
>>
I understand wanting to stop playing videogames if you're addicted, but why would you want to drop them just because?
>>
It's priorities of work for me. I work, weight train, stretch/yoga, read/study, and if I have time before I go to sleep or I'm not tired then I might play video games for a little bit. I haven't played in months though.

Also weakest lift is bench
>>
>>42615191
if you don't understand why a person quits video gaming all together, you are not someone who is going to be successful.
>>
>>42603995
If your weakest lift is squats your still not a man, back to the vidya pussy.
>>
>>42615249
As opposed to those who quit because it doesn't make them "look like a real man"? Yeah, those are true role models.
>>
>>42608133
They're a new medium. Give it 15 more years and no one will give a fuck anymore.
>>
Anyone who consumes any other kind of entertainment media yet thinks video games are bad should kts. Anything is fine in moderation. Video games are above other mediums if anything, or can be rather. Op is vague but if you're condemning single payer games what makes getting a story through rendered scenes better than filmed movies. For multi player, what's the difference between playing civ with friends, anywhere in the world, online and playing a board game equivalent in a rec room.
My point is that it all comes down to entertainment. Be it fiction, competition, or social it's no different
>>
I'm 25 and still play video games all the time
It's all about not being a sperg about it
>>
>>42604836
>sex is a need
hahahaha
failed wannabe chad
>>
>>42605008
What's your wife going to think when you're spending a couple hours a day knitting instead of taking care of the kids/chores/her? Do you have friends? What will they say when you never hang out with them because you spend your free time sitting inside, alone, knitting?
>>
>>42603995
27 and still play them. Less than I used to, but only because there's nothing I'm particularly into right now.

I still get out of the house plenty, not socially retarded, have a normal job, workout. Instead of doing normie while alone at home I play games or read.

Weakest lift is OHP, because I lift at the rock gym and sometimes skip the lift if it's too busy in the small gym area.
>>
>>42604187
>>42604206
don't post your age if u are underage faggots
that's how u get banned
just say ur 18
>>
>>42616927
>Weakest lift is OHP, because I lift at the rock gym and sometimes skip the lift if it's too busy in the small gym area.
skipping an important compound lift because it's too inconvenient for others? fuck the other people there, it's your day at the gym anon, and you need to do your OHP. just go autistically own it.
>>
>>42605134
>You think you can't be "manly" enough until you've sacrificed all the things you like to do.
This is where you're wrong. You should enjoy being productive, and you should do productive things. If the best use you can find for your time is playing videogames, you're fucking up.
>>
>>42615262
>muh legs
>>>reddit
>>
>>42605134
>Should I stop using 4chan
Unironically yes. I'm not saying this in a mean-spirited way, this site is just bad for you. I'd take videogame addiction over 4chan addiction any time.
>>
I stopped in the past, nothing changed, I'm still an autistic recluse that hates other people, asexual with no interest in woman and nothing will change that.

Eventually went back into it. Whatever. If I didn't play vidya I'd probably be doing worse stuff like drinking myself into a coma every night or doing hardcore drugs.
>>
>>42608374
thissssssssssss.

>my pointless time sink is less retarded than your pointless time sink
>>
I really want to grow out of vidya but I don't think I will anytime soon. It's not really interfering with my life or anything, but I feel like there are better ways to manage my time and be more productive.
>>
The same year I'm going to grow out of this site
1.25 pl8 bench that's not gone up in months
>>
>>42603995
24 I'm more into /tg stuff now, for me it's difficult to get addicted to it compared to vidya.
OHP
>>
19 rn
part-time job (30 hr/w), gym 5 times/week
still play vidya when friends aren't available (I work evenings/nights so during days)
>>
>>42604046
>Tinder
>Girls lead you to their friends and their girlfriend's friends
>???
>Profit
>>
>>42619120
forgot weakest lift.
it's bench
>>
>>42617025
Are you mentally challenged?
>at what age did you outgrow vidya
>>
I'm 23. I still play games mostly because i don't have much to do outside of the gym aside from think about the gym.
i guess my weakest life is OHP at 1 plate.
>>
>>42603995

I'm 31 and still play a little video games, but not that much. I guess I grew out of it when I went to University at 19.

I'd actually like to play more, but I just can't sit down and play. I just lose interest. Most I can play is a couple of hours.
>>
>>42619493
>I'd actually like to play more, but I just can't sit down and play. I just lose interest. Most I can play is a couple of hours.
Yeah I can relate to this. I sometimes find games that keep me glued to the screen for hours, but nowadays it only happens like less than once a year.
>>
Still havent grown out of video games and im 28. I work in healthcare. Both of my similar aged friends game all the time; one is in med school and the other is in pharmacy school.

>Also what is your weakest lift
Squats
>>
stopped playing vidya about 2 years ago and have been the most productive I've ever been in my life

3 weeks ago I bought a PS4 to play persona 5 and NBA 2k18, WILL NOT LET MYSELF SLIP INTO /TIMEWASTE/ AGAIN and will only play 1-2 hours on the weekend
>>
>>42604114
2-3 hours of video games is not responsible. If you're working a full time job that requires traveling >15 minutes, you're likely to have only 4 hours of "free time" after you account for chores, gym, preparation for the next day, etc.

You should be spending 50-75% of your free time playing video games
>>
>>42604325
>other people waste their time too
>that means the way I waste my time is okay

whatever. It's your life
>>
>>42604393
this. On the internet, there are 3 things that you CANNOT disapprove of without people whiteknighting:

>women
>weed
>video games

Mention any of these 3 in a negative light and you will have a thousand angry autists jumping down your neck
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.