[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neck training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2911.jpg (157KB, 1027x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2911.jpg
157KB, 1027x1200px
I'm currently considering purchasing pic related to train my neck. I'm doing SL 5x5 and was thinking of incorporating neck training in the program. What's a good source for exercises or does anyone have recommendations for a specific exercise (including progression, rep and set range?).

Thanks in advance!
>>
File: IMG_2914.jpg (89KB, 610x871px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2914.jpg
89KB, 610x871px
>>42602064
Bump
>>
>>42602064

Studies have found that a maximum amount of neck volume yields neglible results. If you want to train your neck, train deadlifts and upper back.
>>
you just curl your neck in one direction dude its not that complicated

do neck extensions and neck curls. You dont need to do the side the same muscles get worked in neck curls.

In terms of progression just linearly up the weight, make sure you do high reps though(15-30). You wouldnt wanna risk injury by doing low reps. Try to do them every day, one top set would be enough that way.

Also start donig shrugs, working the traps also works the neck, the traps are attached to the neck after all. Also if you do the neck harness thing make sure you decompress your neck once every week or so.
>>
>>42602109
So your basically saying: neck curls and extensions daily, warmup with shrugs, 15/30 reprange, 1 set, linear progression? What do you mean by decompression, just a rest day?
>>
>>42602107
what studies
>>
Using one of those weird bondage looking devices never did anything for me and I used it for about 4 months. What worked to make my neck bigger was the Olympic lifts and heavy push presses.
>>
>>42602162
The ones he pulled out of his ass
>>
File: 1500138527851.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
1500138527851.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
Op, no need to buy that. Just do neck curls and neck extensions, 3x20 adding weight as you see fit. 2 to 3 times a week, I do them on my rest days. I-ve seen a 1cm increase in just 3 weeks of doing it/
>>
>>42602064
do neck curls and neck extensions 4x25 for both twice a week. standard linear progression will work fine
>>
File: AP-LAT-LS[1].jpg (86KB, 568x498px) Image search: [Google]
AP-LAT-LS[1].jpg
86KB, 568x498px
>>42602153
>So your basically saying: neck curls and extensions daily,
yes
>warmup with shrugs,
no, im saying do shrugs in addition to your SL workout at the gym
>15/30 reprange, 1 set, linear progression?
yes
>What do you mean by decompression, just a rest day?
putting weights on your spine(your neck is part of your spine) compresses the disc in between the vertebrae(pic related I got it off google). Now since compressing is putting a force on your spine, decompression is the opposite, so any motion that will pull apart that area will decompress it. For example I get my brother to pull my neck upwards vertically. Now these discs do get stronger, but you'll speed up recovery and prevent future injuries by decompressing. Its the same idea for your lower back
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.