[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to yall and Deadlifts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
Aight as of late I have noticed a shitton of people saying how Deadlifts are pointless, fucks up your joints, back and all that shit.
But think about it. The deadlift is basically the fundamental function of our body and muscles. Picking some shit up. How can the one thing our muscles was literally designed to do through I don't know how many years of evolution suddenly be bad for us?

Please explain
>>
File: PIQ1V7j.png (1004KB, 708x868px) Image search: [Google]
PIQ1V7j.png
1004KB, 708x868px
>>42596452
Nice thumbnail faggot
>>
>>42596452
Gatekeeping
>>
What did I miss? Last I knew like 80% of /fit/ deadlifted on the reg
>>
human usually squat 2 pick thing up
>>
>>42596495

there are some posters that are vocal about their dislike of deadlifts.
>>
>>42596452
Because, you dense motherfucker, picking up the very maximum you can deadlift once a week for 4 series is not natural. Your back bones aren't designed to support an additional 500+ lbs on the regular just cause muh deadlifts
>>
>>42596452
It's really not the "fundamental function". Not first priority anyways. I'd say the major ones are walking, running, and throwing.

The average person in good physical shape and mobility should be able to lift a pretty appreciable amount in the deadlift (4-500lbs) without too much training but that doesn't mean you should do it constantly. Why? [Broscience incoming] Imo, it treats the hips too much as a hinging element and not as a rotational element (which is how it acts while running/throwing/swimming/doing almost any athletic activity). Some deadlifting can be beneficial (especially trap bar Imo which emulates a more natural hip drive native to jumping) but I think people overdo it.

If you're bodybuilding or trying to gain mass, OTOH, it's fundamental. Heavy compounds are more efficient for development of large muscles if that's your aim.
>>
File: DHyL_MIW0AIFNF2.jpg (20KB, 720x360px) Image search: [Google]
DHyL_MIW0AIFNF2.jpg
20KB, 720x360px
>>42596452
>The deadlift is basically the fundamental function of our body and muscles
Your ancestors would often kill an antelope and then carry it back to their wife+kids. So they deadlift it once, then carry it back home over a long distance. So IMO loaded bag carries are more fundamnetal than deadlifts.
>>
>>42596452

jewish shills wanting to hold the goyim back.
>>
File: 1496740378976.jpg (105KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1496740378976.jpg
105KB, 720x540px
>Deadlifts are pointless, fucks up your joints, back and all that shit
Not much actually happened, it's just the influx of trolls and /r9k/ losers who try to discourage anyone from lifting with Chad/Tinder threads. Mods won't keep them all out so here we are. Deadlifting is still pretty cool.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.