[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time going to the gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: skinny-guy-768x1024.jpg (159KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
skinny-guy-768x1024.jpg
159KB, 768x1024px
Hey /fit. I have finally convinced myself to go to the gym tmrw morning.
However, since I'm a beta pussy, I'm insecure from people watching me while working out, and I don't even know how to properly use most of the equipment.
Any advice on how to become less of a fag?
(Not me on the pic, but it somehow represents my current physique)
>>
>>42594286
No one watches you, no one cares. Go and lift.
To learn how to use the equipment watch youtube videos on proper form.
>>
>>42594286
read the sticky, get someone (gym owner for instance) to teach you what is the proper form. eat sage
>>
>>42594286
Grab some headphones put some music in and lift.

Everyone is like that their first time if they are normal. Being surrounded by huge dudes is intimidating but you have to cancel all that out and focus on you

And if you keep it up one day you will be one of those jacked dudes. Also if anyone judges you for trying to be better then they are a piece of shit and ignore them
>>
>>42594313
Think it's worth getting a personal coach?I'm pretty broke rn...
>>
>>42594328
no personal coach, you just ask for people who know their shit, gym owner for example or big gym bros
>>
>>42594351
I've found that that causes (perceived) reliance on those people. Then you don't want to go without them. Just start light and watch YouTube videos to check your form.
>>
Make sure you have a program in place with exercises laid out.

Watch those exercises on YouTube so you have a good idea of what to do when you actually do them. Maybe save pictures of proper form for reference when you're in the gym and need a reminder.

Start with light weights to warm up and slowly practice your form, don't go heavy, your first few weeks needs to be focused on form with gradual, manageable weight increases.

Unless you're fucking up to the point of being a danger to yourself or others, nobody will be looking at you. As long as your form looks 60-75% and you look like you're taking the exercises seriously then you're good to go.

People will know you're new and a few of them might take glances to make sure you're not killing yourself. I always keep an eye on the Auschwitz mode newbies to make sure they're not going to snap city by attempting 2pl8 bench on their first visit.

By your third month you'll be settled in your routine and have pretty good confidence in the gym, maybe even meet some gymbros and learn some techniques and exercises from others to help mold your own routine.
>>
>>42594369
This. And choose one of these beginner programs:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/beginning-weight-training-part-4.html
>>
>>42594416
Thanks dude
>>
Lift consistently and eat right, OP. It takes some a bit longer than others to see results, but just read the sticky and you should be space dandy
>>
If you have never worked out in your life your tendons are gonna hurt like a bitch afterwards. Just keep in mind that it will go away and you need to stretch.
>>
The squat rack is the only piece of equipment you need to know, young brother.
>>
>>42594286

Barbell flies are the best chest exercise if you want big pecs.. ive learned that after many, many years bro.. dont do my mistake and skip them on you chest day.
>>
Pauses when doing chest will make your chest bigger as well, just do your own thing brotha.. good luck senpai!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.