[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fitlit/ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1484813803408.jpg (80KB, 1072x1440px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1484813803408.jpg
80KB, 1072x1440px
I want to get into reading again.

Any non-autistic book recommendations so I can make brain gains as well as physical?
>>
>>42590344
Milk and honey by Rupi kaur is a great book that helped me expand my horizons
>>
>>42590344
gulag archipel is breeeddy gud
If you are interessted in a specific topic look up what you would have to read in courses/uni.
>>
>>42590491
clean your room
>>
>>42590503
safe your room
clean the dragon
slay your father
>>
>read les miserables
>suddenly literally 50 pages of historical context and discussion of the battle of Waterloo with literally no link to the story
>the only link is the last 3 pages

Victor Hugo would have been considered a fucking pretentious hack by todays standards.

Also annoying when frenchies don't give actual names. Seems to be common with them. Like theres M- sur M-, and even in In Search Of Lost Time, Proust just truncates location names, often without ever giving their full name.
>>
>>42590344
Walden is pretty good as long as you take it as an opinion and advice, and not fucking gospel.

actually apply that to everything
>>
>>42590344
Finnegans Wake
>>
>>42590471
No
>>
The only reading you should be doing is the bio under piano videos
>>
The Way of Men and Becoming a Barbarian
Jack Donovan is based as fuck
>>
>>42590344
Be more specific on what you're looking for. Or just find a subject you're interested in and get a book on it for the level you're at. Or just read Nietzsche, the will to power, beyond good and evil, etc
>>
>>42590344
What are you looking for in a book ?
"brain gains" is pretty vague, and nonsensical
>>
Read Frankenstein so you can discuss 18th century European architecture and tell people you know why the movies always suck
>>
>>42591090
way of men was a good read, and it's easy to get through/digest.

all quiet on the western front is a favorite of mine

anything by hemingway

lonesome dove

blood meridian

moby dick
>>
>>42590344
Actual /fitlit/ here, you start with the greeks.
>>
Are plays /lit/?
>>
>>42590344

Listen, I know you live in the northern american states... but just go to a library, or, hell, a bookshop. Pick up a book and start reading it.

If you're in a bookshop, just remember it doesn't matter how long you stand and read the book as long as you make a purchase at the end of the day.
>>
>>42591294
>you start with the greeks
Lies, you start lifting the greeks, and you read something sticky.
>>
File: IMG_3445.jpg (2MB, 4961x3508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3445.jpg
2MB, 4961x3508px
>>42590344
>>
>>42591205
>Blood Meridian

All cormac mccarthy. Though, maybe hold off on Blood Meridian for a while since it will ruin literature for you.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.