[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

a few questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1495588201327.jpg (60KB, 380x464px) Image search: [Google]
1495588201327.jpg
60KB, 380x464px
what do you guys think of stronglifts? my friend and i are trying it and i love it. how much can you shoulder press compared to your bench? what muscle does the deadlift work most for you? what can i tell my friend so she stops bending her wrists so damn much?
>>
>>42590078
>what do you guys think of stronglifts?
I think its a sub-optimal beginner routine with too little volume. If I ran it, I'd add chins and dips to each day, and a bicep or tricep iso.
>how much can you shoulder press compared to your bench?
my bench 5rm is 230, OHP 5rm is 135. ymmv
>what muscle does the deadlift work most for you?
spinal erectors
>what can i tell my friend so she stops bending her wrists so damn much?
stop bending your wrists so damn much.
>>
her wrists need to get stronger though? and my legs are feeling like fuggin t rex legs since starting sl. so ohp is usually half of a persons bench? thats what i figured.
>>
>>42590078
>what do you guys think of stronglifts?
Better off doing something with more volume like ICF 5x5. Blaha may have a shit body but the program is solid.
>how much can you shoulder press compared to your bench?
About 65-70% for me.
>what can i tell my friend so she stops bending her wrists so damn much?
You're much more stable and can project more power holding your wrists straight than bent back.

>>42590126
>her wrists need to get stronger though?
All they'll succeed in doing is tearing their tendons/ligaments.
>>
i agree with you on the keeping them straight part, so she just needs to lower the weight right? lift lighter till proper form comes along.
>>
>>42590163
You lift as light as you need to to maintain proper form. If you can't maintain form then you're lifting too heavy.
>>
thank you :) she can ohp the bar just fine. and her wrists are fine when she benches.
>>
would grippers help? i have a whole set of heavygrips. maybe starting her on the lightest one will make them stronger. or is that entirely different?
>>
>>42590078
I prefer SS. Volume is more than enough (5x5 is BB tier). I prefer chins over bent over rows. Maybe you could add some curls and once DL gets too heavy alternate with cleans.

Gl op.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.