[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A little help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Salutations, I have some questions about getting fit and looking buff. I started to diet and cardio about 2-3 weeks ago. And I must say that I've felt amazing, no acne either! . ( thanks sticky) OKAY, now is there a way to lose weight while building muscle? Or is it either u gain or lose? Now they sticky says have 1 g of protein/1Ib of body weight. 280 GRAMS A DAY!?!?!? PLZ someone red pill me..[:: plus, can someone shop me to look buff? ::]
>>
>>42589350
I'm guessing this is bait, but if you're 280 you've got over 100lbs to lose. I wouldn't worry about trying to gain muscle until you are a decent weight. A lot of people here will recommend differently, but that drastic weight loss is hard, it's easier to not worry about macros and just focus on calorie counting. I also think people overestimate the amount of muscle you may have, I bet your legs do ok, but not much to save elsewhere. Cut until you can't stand it any more.
>>
>>42589397
i agree with this, just keep cutting till you are a reasonable weight. If you are really concerned about losing muscle keep your protein intake high and obviously lift, it's very unlikely you'll be able to gain much muscle whilst losing this much weight tho
>>
>>42589397
I don't want to end up TheVirginGymGoer.jpg id like to have more of a Chad body. ( reiteration:: I am 6'3) can I work on building muscle while I lose weight so I don't end up looking roastie?
>>
>>42589431
You sound like a retarded meme spewer. You probably also won't make it. This shit is hard and you sound like you're looking for the easy way. A lot of the guys who post here and have decent bodies have been doing this for years. It's going to take you a year and a half to get to a decent weight, and it'll take another year to make decent gains. 2.5 year commitment to make the minimum barrier for entry.
>>
>>42589431
please stop with the r9k tier memes
it's incredibly hard to gain muscle on a calorie deficit, it's much easier to cut down to around 10-15% bodyfat and then bulk
>>
>>42589397
Disagree with this entirely. When I started I was 330 and focused on building strength and did very drastic short cuts. So I got to 300 to start, focused on lifting until I hit 1/2/3/4 then cut down to 270. Now that I am over 2/3/5/5 I am doing another cut down to 240 which I intend to maintain for a very long time.

It will be way harder to cut that huge amount of fat and then build muscle than it is to just build a ton of muscle then cut off chunks every once in a while.

If you decide to lose the weight first you will probably look better but 2 years down the road your strength will be way lower than if you did it the other way. If all you care about is looking good and being healthy than cut down to like 200. If you care about being strong then focus on that and then cut every once in a while.
>>
File: 1502816429374.jpg (225KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1502816429374.jpg
225KB, 750x1000px
>>42589431
>>42589453
>>42589457
If you do decide to diet its gonna take a year or longer to get shredded.

Track your calories, weigh yourself every day and do ((moderate)) amounts of cardio.

Its about the journey not the destination. Pace yourself, and stick to it for the long haul.
>>
>>42589431
>this is your brain on /r9k/
>>
Well that answers all the questions I had. The commentary is DEFINITELY noted. I just wanna look and feel as good as the people I see on here. Thanks guys!
>>
>>42589507
A lot of the people here have severe body dismorphia. You might want to aim higher.

You can do what the heifer above said and lift while fat, you will gain muscle, but you won't look better until you cut big time. I was once 300lbs, and I found it much more rewarding to see progress week after week shedding pounds and making noob gains. You have poor self control just as I did/do, so it's good to have reminders. Track your loss, take progress pics, and you'll become a lot more committed.
>>
>>42589531
Im really getting behind your thought process here. I'm definitely ready for a long haul and I feel like I'm in the stage of my life to do something like this.
>>
>>42589573
Just do it right. TDEE -500, and cardio will minimize things like loose skin. It's hard, and there are going to be days when you feel like giving up, or giving in. Put those voices to rest and commit yourself to a long, healthy life. Best of luck.
>>
You could probably get away with a 1500 cal deficit per day if you wanted to OP. Shit's going to suck but you'll lose weight fast and you don't have any muscle to lose anyway...
>>
>>42589613
It's not like im weak. Im stronger than half of my friends, it's just I've ALWAYS been the "fat kid"
>used to be fatter
And I feel like if I lost a TON of weight with no muscle gains, then I'd be uncomfortable with myself and have wasted all that time and dedication for nothing.
>>
>>42589453
Stfu Troy. I’ll beat your ass and make you snuff white girl in front of your kid and than make you run around butt naked around you’re neighborhood with a dick drawn on your butt cheeks screaming ” I (meaning you) like black dick and cheat only my girl
Every Tuesday at 2pm with a horse that is black with a 11inch dick because you always dreamed about sucking and fucking a dick that size. FYI, get a DNA test, because that’s not you’re child
Homo.
>>
>>42589658
Ladies and gentlemen. This has been /fit
>>
>>42589651
It's not so much that it's impossible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, but more that you have to focus on one and pray that the other happens as a side effect. There's no other way.

Just cut, Anon. That's really all you can do right now.
>>
>>42589718
Right. Message received.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.