[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 41

File: 1503251817141.jpg (47KB, 700x434px) Image search: [Google]
1503251817141.jpg
47KB, 700x434px
Questions that don't deserve their own thread: Manlet Bullying Dany edition

>start lifting few months ago
>tfw getting fatter and fatter
>tfw lifts getting weaker and weaker
What do?
>>
I'm bulking right now but I'm sick today and can't work out. Should I still eat at a surplus even if I haven't lifted since Friday?
>>
I need to hear about some cheap bulking foods
>>
File: hands-callus.jpg (311KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
hands-callus.jpg
311KB, 1024x768px
How do you deal with this shit, it's starting to hurt while doing exrecises
>>
Reposting here
Due to circumstances I won't be able to eat at a surplus for like 2 days. (Bulking currently).
Will it fuck with my gains?
>>
>>42581790

Pumice stone in the shower
>>
>>42581792
No
>>42581762
Yes. Your body is burning extra cals when fighting illness
>>
>>42581836
>No
Thanks anon
>>
>>42581790
Work on hand grip while exercising, usually caused by poor form and grip
>>
What's more important for a former fatty?

Getting lean with little muscle, or staying chubby with lots of muscle?
>>
I always figured my gf to be attractive in the face.

I'm not gonna post a picture before you ask

She has a instagram, with 2.8k followers, she posts the average feel good quotes and pictures of body (in clothing). But she posted on picture of her face and the followers have been plummeting.

How do I handle this? I thought she was attractive but damn, I don't think I can be with her if this happens at the sight of her face
>>
>>42581921
Kys
>>
>>42581903
Getting lean. What little muscle you might have will stay put as long as you lift and eat right
>>
is 22 too old to be banging/dating 18-year-old girls?
>>
>>42581966
you're never too old to be banging 18 year old girls
>>
Hey, new to /fit/. I started an 80/20 Paleo Diet last week, weighed in today 5 lbs lighter already. Today I started a light strength training routine, I'm just trying to build up a base at home so I have the confidence to actually go to the gym in September when I get the rest of my student loans and can afford it. I had a few questions though.

1.I'm 6'1 and I'm seeing all these guys on here who are only 180 lbs, but even in high school when I was a pillhead skelly I was like 190. I have really broad shoulders so should that factor into my weight goals? I feel like I'd look really lean at 200, I'm 231 right now and just chubby, not hugely fat.

2. Are tic-tacs acceptable on an intermittent fast, or should I just get a pack of gum?

3. Am I gonna make it bros?
>>
File: 3079954.jpg (76KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
3079954.jpg
76KB, 620x400px
How do I achieve Bateman body
>>
>>42581966
(your age)/2 + 7
>>
>>42581966

Im 28 and bang 18 year olds. Don't fall for the roastie shaming meme son
>>
File: 1488573919822.jpg (369KB, 1237x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1488573919822.jpg
369KB, 1237x1019px
How are you supposed to remove the plates when deadlifting/ other exercises where the bar is on the floor?
It's fine when there is at least 1 plate on each side of the bar, but then it starts to tilt downwards and then you have to lift the barbell with one hand to be parallel to the floor whilst simultaneously using the other hand to take off the plate and it is really awkward and lengthy.
>>
>>42582055
Put a 10 plate on the floor on both sides. Roll the sides up on to the plate and then pull the outer plates off, which should be off the ground
>>
>>42582032
workout a bit and get lean
>>
File: 1501799539054.png (133KB, 326x176px) Image search: [Google]
1501799539054.png
133KB, 326x176px
>>42582074
Thanks anon, I was worried that I was looking really retarded struggling to get a 45 off the barbell
>>
>>42582055
Assuming I've understood you, you've already taken the plates off of one side, just lift the side of the bar you already stripped of plates.
Do so till the bar is vertical. Plates should slide to the end, and lie flat on the floor.
Lift the bar out of the neat stack.
Rest is ez.
>>
>>42581748
I recently started doing a push/pull/legs routine. If I'm doing, let's say, back and bi's, and I'm doing 2 exercises for each muscle group. is it better to do back, bis, back, bis, or back back bis bis?
>>
File: to research.png (473KB, 847x481px) Image search: [Google]
to research.png
473KB, 847x481px
Want to start going to a gym as soon as possible, but can't right now due to paying for a car and an expensive dentist, so I made up a daily exercise routine
>30min cardio on a bike
>1x25 abdominals
>1x35 situps
>2x10 leg raises
>2x16 pushups
>2x12 tricpes dips on chair
>75 second plank
Been doing this for a month, it takes around an hour, feel really better, my legs and chest pain stopped. Anything I should improve on? Height: 176 cm, weight: 75kg and around 20% BF according to http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
Anyway, anything I should improve on? Any exercise I should eliminate or include?
>inb4 manlet
>>
>>42581748
At what age should my 10 yr old son start lifting? He is very motivated and eager to get started but I've heard it can hurt them in the long run if started too early.
>>
I'm doing SS and I want to add ancillary exercises. I already do chin-ups at the end of my main lifts, but I want to more. I'm thinking this:

Workout A
SS lifts+Chin-up & Dips

Workout B
SS lifts+Planks & Ab roller

Would that be a good routine, or am I not working those targeted muscles enough? If I had to choose, Biceps and core are most important to me.
>>
>>42582380
I guess he could start at any time, just don't do squats deadlifts, or any lifts that involve holding heavy weight parallel to the spine. But, imo he shouldn't lift for another 5-6 years. Until then just have him do bodyweight shit.
>>
Am I wasting my time by doing isolation lifts like curls, lateral raises, skullcrushers, etc while I'm on a high caloric deficit? I am more or less a n00b and have lost 20 lbs in the last few months, have 15-20 more to go. I am focusing on compound lifts, but I started adding some accessories lately but I am just feeling really sore and beat up for a couple days after my workouts now. Should I just focus on compounds and add the accessories once I'm ready to bulk since I'm probably not putting on any real muscle mass?
>>
My workouts can easily go up to 2, even 2 1/2 hours long. I want to cut that down. I do SS with 1 1/2 minute long rests for warm-ups and 2 minute long rests for worksets. However, Deadlifts I just do sets when my body feels ready, not necessary strict on the timing.

Would it ill-advised to bring the number of warm-up sets I do from 5 to 3?
>>
>>42582438
That's what he does now is bodyweight. He recently started playing full contact football so the urge to get stronger and bigger is intensified. I just don't want to fuck with his bones and joints. Thanks
>>
Can't find any solid information so here I go:

1. I run Darebee's Ironborn program, modified a bit (shoulders/chest/triceps on day 1, biceps and back on day 2, legs and abs on day 3 and cardio on day 4), can I run a ~500kcal surplus on the weightlifting days then a ~kcal deficit on the cardio day? I'm kinda scared of going back to my weight (dropped 20kgs recently)

2. I've been running this program for several months now, after finishing it once I'd re-run it with increased reps (+2 per set) and then by increasing the load by 1kg (then another run with +2 reps and then increase the load and so on). Am I a dumbass?
>>
>>42582499
Stop resting for warm-ups, the only rest you should have is switching the plates. The number of warm-up sets needed depends on how much you're currently lifting, but if you need a lot of warm-ups, you most likely shouldn't be on SS.
>>
Could I do farmers carries 4x/week (MTThF)? Pretty advanced lifter, trying to bring up my traps and forearms, as well as grip strength. Was thinking about varying sets and intensity.
>>
How often should i deload (if at all) and by how much?
>>
>>42582032
Bmi ~24, fat% ~12
>>
>>42582588
I always do 5 warm-up sets based on the SS phone app, which automatically calculates the weights and number of reps for you.
>>
If I'm lifting for strength, should my goal be 1/2/3/4 pl8 or based on strength standards determined by my age, height, and weight?
>>
>>42582484
It's probably not very beneficial to be doing isolation lifts if you're just a noob trying to lose some weight before starting your first bulk. Sure you can do them if you have the time and the energy, but know that it's probably not doing much.
>>42582499
I'm very surprised that your workouts take 2-2 1/2 hours if you're just doing SS. Also, 5, and even 3 sets for warm-ups is unusual. I would just do one warmup with light weight just to get your form down and whatnot, then immediately go into your regular sets without any rest.
>>
>>42582715
Why wouldn't you take into consideration your individual characteristics when determining your goals?

Why would you just aim for arbitrary numbers instead?
>>
>>42582669
5 warmup sets with rest time in between is a great idea if you want to double your time in the gym without actually making any gains. Just do 1 warmup set max.
>>
>>42582715
Why are you asking other people what your own personal goal should be?
>>
>>42582765
>this
>>
>>42581748
That's what happens when you start training. The delusion of looking good begins to dissipate, you get about 6 days of reality before the body dysmorhia sets in and you always see yourself as small and weak. Welcome to /fit
>>
What to do for biceps and triceps imbalances? (I'm weaker on my left side)
>>
>>42581762
If it supposed to be a training day and you aren't recovering from a previous workout, then eat your TDEE. You don't need the surplus calories, except Maybe eat a little more than maintenance to speed up recovering from the illness.
>>42581790
Lifting gloves.
>>42581792
No. You will maintain. Muscle atrophy takes about 2 weeks to occur in athletes who are eating a sufficient amount of calories to maintain their weight. Just don't go under your TDEE.
>>42581966
No. That's perfect.

Now, for my question:
How do I lower my cholesterol? My blood lipids are high according to my bloodwork. I can't eat fish, legumes, or whey because of allergies. Do I just choose leaner cuts of meat?
>>
>>42582993
yes and egg whites
>>
>>42581790
Just power through it or improve your grip. I have them but don't really feel them anymore.
>>
Eating 3 large meals a day bs eating 6 or 5 smaller meals. Is there any real benefit for eating smaller more often?
>>
>>42583107
less bloating and great for bulking
>>
Is it okey to do shrugs with mixed grip if you alternate between sets?
>>
>>42583159
Why would you do this anyway?
>>
What are some silly TV shows I can watch during cardio (on the bike)? Right now I watch the F Word but that's getting old so I'd like to switch it up and find other shows for HIIT days.
>>
>>42583162
grip strength is failing before my traps
>>
>>42583189
Use chalk dude
>>
>>42583209
Haven't even thought about that, thanks man!
>>
My left leg from thigh to calf hurts when i squat
>last friday
>out with friends
>be skeletor 6' 2'' 137lbs
>friend picks me up and drops me on the sidewalk
>hammered so i dont feel the pain
>over the weekend i rest as usual
> try squatting today and feel something wrong with my leg
>only get one pl8 before i have to stop
What do I do? Just lay off squats for the next couple of weeks?
>>
>>42583235
>6'2" 137lbs.
doubt.jpg
>>
I can never get over 185 lbs as a 6/6'1 foot male. should I just eat whatever the fuck to bulk? I am serious, I have taken creatine and eaten peanut butter on everything and the closest I have gotten with a beer belly was 187. I am trying to get to 200. I work out like everyday because I enjoy working out. I want 200 lbs because reasons.
>>
>>42583235
you dont have to be like "calf hurts? no squats for 3 weeks"

just test it out every few days to track improvement. Once it feels healed give it a few more days then start again. Might only take like 5-7 days depending on severity of injury your age and body.

-nursing student
>>
What is the cheapest meat to buy and cook in bulk. Which method of cooking?
>>
File: 1501424558091.jpg (134KB, 750x710px) Image search: [Google]
1501424558091.jpg
134KB, 750x710px
How the fuck do I take a good picture without my face in it? I live in an apartment with no overhead lighting, all lamps and three together horizontally above me in my bathroom. I could try the gym, but it's always packed, so I'd have to be quick or sneaky. I think I can see my abs for the first time in my life but only in certain lights and sometimes event distances. My skin is so fucked from being fat but I would love to take a progress pic without my face to post on CBT for advice.
>>
>>42582510
Why full contact football? There's a large number of Division I NCAA football coaches who don't allow hitting on any day except gameday. There's better/safer ways to get kids involved in team sports than CTE Ball imo
>>
>>42583388
Chicken. Find the cheapest type of grocery store that sells in bulk or go to Costco type place and buy their. Google some easy marinade recipes or find premade marinade. You could probably get at least two weeks of chicken for 10-15 bucks, premade marinade for 2 bucks, combine them into a bag for 24 hours. Bake them at 400 for 15 minutes each side then store for the rest of the time. Use for salad, sandwich, meal, etc. Baking spares you the calories you would use for oil.

Easy marinade would just be fresh garlic, paprika, and equal parts honey/srircha, but that's more of a stir fry sauce.
>>
>>42583412
Got a sub for the honey on that? Allergic to it sadly.
>>
>>42583412
I'm a real retard when it comes to cooking. I've got a slow cooker apparently it's the easiest thing there is. Would dropping a bag of chicken in with marinade and sticking it on for a day work? Then just Tupperware it up and freeze it?
>>
>>42583359
Me2. Ordering Mexican food constantly is the only way I know how to do it. More meals is the way to go. Eat some every 1.5 hours, even if it's just some nuts or corn chips. Every little bit matters. We'll get there.
>>
I'm a 5'10 66.2kg hungry veggie skelly here struggling to put on weight. I'm eating around 3000 calories a day and I've only managed to put on 1kg since I started lifting a month ago. I keep meaning to buy a protein powder or bulking powder but just looking for advice/a recipe that would help with eating. All vegetarian shit is so low in calories I'm eating and spending so much money.
>inb4 eat meat
I've been a vegetarian all my life and I have tried eating meat but I guess my microbiota isn't equipped for its digestion now as it makes me sick
>also allergic to nuts and eggs
Should I just give up and kill myself?
>>
Squatting's really painful on my shoulders, and I've already gone for a wide grip.

What should I do to improve shoulder mobility and how quickly does that go?

Should I switch to high-bar in the meantime?
>>
File: fit.jpg (1MB, 1888x2000px) Image search: [Google]
fit.jpg
1MB, 1888x2000px
will i get more flexible as i go if im doing pic related? for instance, i know i cant do the flat leg raises. my legs cant go straight that high off the ground. also how long should i be resting between sets?

or is this just a meme?

just wanted something to get started with because going to the gym is not a realistic option for me right now.
>>
Any good bodybuilding smoothie recipes? Someone got me a nutribullet for my birthday and have wanted one for awhile so I want to use the fuck out of it
>>
Currently skelly mode trying to eat a bunch to gain weight and muscle. What should I eat once I've reached my protein goal for the day? Carbs? Fats?
>>
Guys I'm currently doing GZCLP, what should I add as a fourth exercise for each day?
>>
Anything wrong with focusing on pure strength for awhile, just hammering out 3x3 for a couple months to drive your numbers up? 3x3 or 5x3?
>>
File: avocados.jpg (59KB, 1040x900px) Image search: [Google]
avocados.jpg
59KB, 1040x900px
Anyone got some good tips for how to get more kcalories in from a low carb diet? Avocados are great but expensive
>>
>>42582380
Lifting from a young age may increase bone density and could also actually lead to him being taller. Just don't have him do any back squats or deadlifts like the other anon said. I'd suggest teaching him power cleans and having him start benching now, as well as maybe front squats and lunges. Start as light as possible and have him go for volume; save going heavy for when he's older and will benefit more from it
>>
File: 1502100559190.jpg (137KB, 1167x1071px) Image search: [Google]
1502100559190.jpg
137KB, 1167x1071px
>>42581784

>what are oats

When will summer finally end
>>
>>42584489
Same. Eat as many carbs as possible. I made the mistake to eat a lot of proteins and avoid carbs. but this is for fat guys only. Try it, you'll see its hard to get fat with carbs when you are a skelly. Of course I eat clean carbs, potatoes rice pasta, pancakes, bread. If you go for McDonald's carbs, then you should look out for fat forming on your belly.
>>
>>42584784

Something that makes me not want to kill myself every single day
>>
So I have been wondering since I'm a noob in the matter, if I wanna get big but with abs, while staying natty, what would be the process, you bulk for a long time and then cut or you bulk for a little and then cut and bulk again, rinse and repeat?

>inb4 lmao natty
>>
>>42584850
Oats, pasta, and brown rice are all so cheap they may as well be free. Learn to season
>>
I hate carbs, can't stand them, what do
>>
>>42584850
Just do oats and resist the urge like the rest of us
>>
>>42581790
You just continue till the nerves die and you can't feel shit anymore
>>
File: 1503273812682.jpg (102KB, 736x767px) Image search: [Google]
1503273812682.jpg
102KB, 736x767px
Doing a thousand pushups a day for 80 days will make you a champion weight-lifter rather than lifting weights but people today are too fucking lazy and un-scientific to learn the motivation to do 1,000 pushups a day for 80 days.
>>
>>42584481
1 banana (~150g)
1 pear (~200g)
1 avocado (~175g)
3 cooked baby beets (~150g)
100g salad mix leaves (chard, rucola, kale, spinach, etc)
6 tbsp ground flaxseed
500-600ml orange juice

Not particularly made for building, its' just my daily recipe that's tasty and cheap where I live. I replace pear with other fruit sometimes (mango, nectarine, whatever). It makes four 300ml cups, each with approx 250 kcal, 10g fat (from avo), 8g fiber and 5g protein. Don't be tempted to add muscle milk or whatever, it makes it taste like shit and thickens it to shit consistence.
>>
I haven't lifted seriously since I left high school over two years ago. Today was my first day of lifting since then. How long should it take to get my lifts up close to what they were at before?
When I left high school my lifts were: bench 250lbs, squat 420lbs, deadlift 455lbs.

Also I'm a 6"2 235lb fatty at the moment.
>>
Is alternating 5 days of hard cutting (~1 thousand calories a day) and 2 days of normal eating going to kill me? I don't have much muscle as I'm new to lifting.
>>
>>42584898
PLS HELP

All carb sources I eat are gud shit like broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and tomatoes

How do I get in more kcalories without eating starches
>>
>>42584947
>How do I get in more kcalories without eating starches
eat starches
>>
>>42582380
Yeah don't listen to the retards here that say lifting might make him taller.

If you start lifting during your growth spurt big chance you'll end up fucked up.

You can start using light!!!!! weights at around 14 but do this more as a way to learn proper form and not actual routine

Using own bodyweight is the best way to go at a young age.

So in short i'd reccomend light!!! weights and focus on form, not on weight.
Own bodyweight is perfect, and make sure the kid stretches properly, it's a lifesaver once he gets older
>>
File: crying.jpg (100KB, 1500x998px) Image search: [Google]
crying.jpg
100KB, 1500x998px
>>42584959
I don't wanna
>>
>>42584934
As long as it takes. It's not a race, just go at your own pace and focus on not injuring yourself for life.
>>
>>42584850
steel cut oats learn to make them as a sort of side carb like rice. Add stock some rosemary little thyme salt, pepper butter you know the usual fixings. Sweet potatoes are pretty good glucose index wise. Red and Yellow potatoes are not as good but better than normal potatoes. Basmati rice is probably the best GI rice. Honestly though no one besides professionals NEEDS to bulk unless they're plateauing. Even then fixing their sleep/rest habits would probably do more for them. You'll be happier and better just eating food that matches your macros.
>>
>>42584988
cry more
>>
>>42584863
You can do a lean bulk, only 200 - 400 kcal over the TDEE each day. Bulking allows you to increase your lift at a faster rate but that also comes with a bf% increase.

You might plateau more often but you should be able to stay fairy close to your goal bf% where your abs are visible.
>>
I got a lifting belt (4") and when I tried it on it kind of dug into my ribs
Is it supposed to do this, or will I snap something up if I try to deadlift with it?
Also, how tight should belts be?
>>
What's a good, complete all-rounder bento I could make that's good for gains and isn't liable to leak oil or sauce or anything out into my bag?

Going back to Uni and I don't want to eat the overpriced trash food in the canteen.
>>
>>42584931
Thanks for the recipe, gunna try that one out tomorrow
>>
Any tips on breathing with the bar on your back? I can't get big breath with the weight on my shoulders...
>>
File: u0LBPKk[1].jpg (55KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
u0LBPKk[1].jpg
55KB, 1920x1280px
>>42585382
>>
>>42585382
Like with back squats? Just breath in with your nose+mouth at the same time. You should be able to pull in way more air than either or.
>>
>>42585228
well first of all you're suppose to carry them you don't just throw them in your bag the most their designed to be tossed around is being on your lap in the subway.

What's your budget look like and what climate zone do you live in?
A normal bento 2 compartment bento would be something like
compartment one: japonica rice umeboshi black sesame seeds maybe a green
compartment two: meat portion I'd assume fish, vegetable side or tamagoyaki, fermented fern or pickle, some kind of salad green and a fruit wedge or portion
there is nothing wrong with this formula you just need more of it but if I were on something of a bulk I'd probably go:
compartment one: tabbouleh with quinoa instead of bulgar wheat
compartment two: chick peas dressed with smoked paprika and little olive oil, grilled eggplant slices, pickles of some kind, salad (spinach, arugula cilantro, red onion, little lemon juice and olive oil, sundried tomatoes) little cup of a few kalamata olives and feta. Grilled zatar chicken, pita, hummus. Lamb/goat dolmas can replace anything you don't like or favor less.
Ideally you'd make all this except the salad in advance and have them in savers in your fridge then just assemble in the morning. If you want a more asian inspired clean gains thing just say so, I could do this all day.
>>
My chest hurts after doing dips. Not the muscles, and the pain is right between my pecs. Anyone else have this happen to them?
>>
>>42584898
Go full keto then.
>>
It has been 3 sessions at the gym now where I have not been able to squat because the only 2 cages are being hogged by some gains goblins. They won't let others work in and they compete in lifting and sports so there is no way an intermediate lifter like me can get my squats in. What do? Should I use the leg press machine on days like this? Fuck I love front squats they are my favorite lift shits are like crack... What I do is load up a small amount of weight outside on the mats and clean it up then front squat for a few reps. Shit sucks though. Doesn't compare to loading heavy with safety bars and really working. You might say find a new gym but this one is only a block from my home and is the best in town easily. I guess I could try and go at a different time. This is late in the evening but earlier it is way busier and there is then the problem of there only being 2 cages and always in use...
>>
>>42585499
I know this feel intimately. I think it's just normal for the position your arms in that instance are pushing in on your shoulders and ribcage I think the sternum is just the most stressed point in that deformation.
>>
>>42585538
Your options are to go at another time or get competent enough at cleans to be able to do your front squat weight. Although that might take a while.
>>
>>42585562
Is there any way to make it stop or will it go away on its own as I get comfortable with the weight? It only just started happening when I could finally do dips with my body weight.
>>
File: vishnu.gif (931KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
vishnu.gif
931KB, 320x239px
>>42581748

>tfw getting fatter and fatter

Are you tracking your macros to find out what's in the things you're eating? Because it doesn't sound like you are.

>lifts getting weaker and weaker

how often are you lifting? are you getting enough sleep and giving your muscles enough time to repair themselves? Because it doesn't sound like it...
>>
>>42585474
I'm willing to drop maybe a tenner on lunch, at most. Hopefully less. I live on a tropical island, so it'll probably average 70F in winter. Leakage is a concern mainly because I bike to campus, so anything and everything I bring is going to get the fuck shaken out of it.

Thanks for the ideas, I'll jot 'em down.
>>
>>42584947

Fuck you, faggot.

I can't eat fucking potatoes or pasta anymore because I'm trying to nuke my carb intake and you're complaining about eating this delicious shit?

FUCK YOU
>>
Been benching for about 2 months and tried to re-adjust form tons of times, but I still never feel any burn in my pecs. What am I doing wrong? Scared to move up in weight until I'm sure my form is right., currently at 115 lbs

I already arch my back and all that shit
>>
>>42585604
If that's the case I go with a lunch box more suited to that kinda thing. My wife has the same problem but she's stubborn to keep using the same one so I heat it a little before I close it. As it cools the the gas inside contracts forming a seal but it's only as perfect as the seal.

If you get one of those bowl bentos you can go the more chinese route they have bowl meals very similar to a donburi probably a lot less prep work but like a sample one of those would be.
(psudo cantonese)
rice on bottom
chair siu
tea egg
snow peas and water chest nuts or garlic long beans or steamed broccoli
cooked and chilled spinach salad this kinda thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4JgJec4QQI you can easily just modify it to match whichever style of cuisine more
parboiled beansprouts
maybe a goyza or a wonton if you're feeling fancy
>>
>>42585792
Huh! That sounds downright gourmet in comparison to how I usually eat on campus. Hell, I think I may have half this stuff already. I can probably bring along a homemade shake or something for a bit of extra protein on the side. Thanks!
>>
File: 1428447454381.gif (3MB, 328x241px) Image search: [Google]
1428447454381.gif
3MB, 328x241px
>>42585812
love to help
>>
>>42581748
got a routine of:
4 x crunch reps
4 x pushup reps
4 x squat reps
every other day

is this good for building a strong form with good posture and stamina?
>>
File: Iron_Rebel_Knee.jpg (4KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Rebel_Knee.jpg
4KB, 224x224px
Any thoughts on Iron Rebel Performance knee sleeves? Are they as good as Strong or SBD knee sleeves? Thinking about getting a pair for powerlifting.
>>
>>42585853
crunches are retarded get an ab wheel. Also do Lsits. You can do them on any L shaped corner. You probably have a perfect spot to do them in your kitchen. 1 hand on each line of the L and your legs pointed out from the right angle.

pushups are good. add handstands.
do squats and lunges. also jumping squats and lunges.
>>
If I want to lose weight should I consume whey protein also
>>
Are protein bars a meme
>>
>>42581790
Learn how to grab a bar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OK-S3ZJZxQ
>>
>>42586060
Clif Builders are great as a snack halfway through a strenuous 5+ hour hike. But for daily use where you don't need to limit the size and weight of shit you carry they are a meme and waste of money.
>>
>>42585986
I thought they called it an L-sit because your body made an L shape? Not because you need do like a reverse corner dip
>>
Any opinions/experience with food thermogenesis fot weight loss?
>>
what kind of beard trimmer should I get
>>
>>42586390
in terms of quality per price range
philps=braun<remmington<whal
but you really do get what you pay for so don't get a $30 dollar trimmer and expect it not to be shit. Look up some reviews before getting it no matter what. Can't use while charging is a deal breaker that's not often mentioned.
>>
File: 4jC0S78.jpg (185KB, 699x757px) Image search: [Google]
4jC0S78.jpg
185KB, 699x757px
anyone got a basic bodyweight routine sticky just says pump iron.

also because reasons I do not have access to a fridge how do i build a diet around this can I just replace chicken with protein powder and bulk buy rice and dried veggies that won't spoil?
>>
>>42586468
what are you living out of car?
Get a decent cooler buy a bag of ice once a day around 2 dollars only open the cooler when you absolutely need to. Don't keep anything in there longer than 4 days wash it once a week.
>>
>>42581790
Toe nail clipper works well for cleaning that shit off
>>
>>42586512
no I live with my parents we have a fridge but its barely able to keep stuff cold and is usually full anyway since my mom buys whatevers on sale in bulk to save money.

house has shitty old wiring so I can't just get my own fridge.

that cooler would work but frankly it'd be awkward and I figure I'll have a better chance of sticking to the diet if I maximize my ability to be lazy.

hence why I said no fridge access.
>>
When is it time to switch programs? I've plateaued for the past month and can't tell if it's my eating or program
>>
>>42586644
how much are you sleeping and how often are you working out?
Also how long have you been at it?
>>
>>42586664
>how much are you sleeping
Probably 6-7 hours a night on average

>how often are you working out
3 times a week, they're fairly long workouts though (usually like 7-8 exercises)

>how long have you been at it
almost a year. I got lazy back in March for about a month when I was vacationing but I didn't lose too much progress
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (93KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
93KB, 1366x768px
>>42586335
You are right it is named L sit because the body makes an L i am just doing a poor job of describing the places where anyone and everone can practice their body holds and Lsit holds.
>>
>>42586688
I would say try going to bed an hour earlier and eating a little more if you're still stuck after a month switch programs. We all have rough patches now and then I've lost a rep before of of the blue. If what you've been doing has been getting the results you want up until now by all means keep doing it until you're sure it's stopped.
>>
185 5'11"

Is there a guide to the swimmerbody/ottermoe?
Search is down otherwise I'd use that.
>>
>>42586688
If you're still on a linear progression program after a year it's time to switch to something else.
>>
https://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/interactiveDRI/
is this a good way to get a list of everything you need
>>
>>42582050
Serious question how do you deal with their parents? They almost certainly still live with them no?
>>
Does cardio have any benefits if trying to gain weight? Any sort of muscle development?
>>
What has a higher impact on lowering blood pressure? Doing Cardio or Cleaner Eating?
>>
File: IMG_4767.jpg (732KB, 2251x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4767.jpg
732KB, 2251x2304px
Could someone do a bf% estimate please? Been overweight/borderline obese most of my life and finally managing to reach what I want. Started at 83kg/182pounds at the start of the year. I kinda wanna reach 8-10% before I do some serious eating because I never want to go above ~15% but that does mean I'm having a hard time progressing in lifts. Still enjoying myself

174 cm/5'8
68kg/ 149 pounds

Lifts
Bp: 70kg/ 155 pounds
ohp: 45 kg/ 100 pounds
Squat: 95kg/ 210 pounds
Diddy: 120kg/260 pounds

Thanks
>>
>>42586841
You will see muscular development in your legs, more so with HIIT
>>
>>42582050
This. If they're 18, your age doesn't matter. Judgment mostly comes from older women who are jealous that they're not young any more.

>>42586838
Just don't meet her at her place if she still lives with her parents. (At 18 she should have moved out or be about to though)
If meeting is unavoidable, it depends how much older you are.
If you're 25 or under, it won't be that big a deal. If you're 25-30, they might be uncomfortable with it, you'll just have to work harder to prove you're a good guy and not a pervert.

If you're over 30, then you probably shouldn't be trying to have a relationship with her anyway so don't ever meet them.

At the same time though, it could work. One of the happiest couples I've ever known had a 20 year gap in age
>>
>>42586841
not really I've been a runner for nearly 14 years and been poster boy for gotta-go-fast skeletons. I lift now too but the only tangible benefit I see to cardio where it intersects with body building is the low body fat and the energy.
>>42586923
to an extent this but you still can't skip leg and core work.
>>
I have access to a good gym and have been working out for a minute. But I don't have access to a USAW coach. I'm getting into oly and it is time for me to learn the snatch. I've watching a bunch of videos on it but I've also read that I need a coach. I get that I'd learn it quicker but there just isn't one near me that I've found. Could I just stick with the bar for a while and get the patterns down well and very slowly add weight.

Basically can I learn a decent enough form snatch without a coach?
>>
>>42586914
You don't have the mass to look healthy at such a low body fat, nor do you have the core development for proper abs. You have some muscle, but not enough for that kind of leanness.

I would recommend you to start doing a clean bulk, get some more muscle and then diet.

Hit your chest and core better, they're your weakest part.
>>
Hey there guys, I want to know if doing 15 different lifting exercises per workout three times a week is too much. I have plenty of free time but am I wasting time by doing more in one day?
>>
does stretching shorten the penis?
>>
>>42586997
Alright, thank you
>>
>>42586975
yes you can. practice muscle snatch and overhead squat and all the other accessory movements. Have you ever seen anyone in the gym doing oly lifts? Just start practicing them and they might notice you are doing them and give you some tips. Or once you feel like you are doing them decently ask them to critique your form and point out where your weaknesses are. Usually every gym has at least 1 oly lifter who goes full berserker after a clean and jerk fail and throws a bench with or without someone using it.
>>
Anything wrong with focusing on pure strength for a couple months to drive your numbers up? Should I do 3x3 or 5x3 or even 3x1?
>>
>>42586914
probably around 13-15%, hard to tell with no muscle mass
>>
>>42582380
He can start at 10 - just be careful. Don't do any high-intensity lifts. Think lighter weight, lots of reps. It won't fuck with his growth plates or anything like that, that's an urban legend, but if it's too heavy and too intense he runs the risk of joint damage. Kids are pretty susceptible to that kind of damage and it can hurt them a lot later in life. If he wants to move to more intense stuff, wait until he's 15-16. And I don't think I need to mention he's gonna need good supervision. Too many dumbass kids hurt themselves or other people trying stupid shit or using equipment poorly. Make sure you work with him on proper form.
>>
>>42581748

I'm a 21 year old 5'4" manlet and can't get girls because of height. I'd give my left testicle to be 5'6". If I started taking hgh, would that help or just cause a shit ton of awful side effects?
>>
>>42587192
Alright, cheers for the estimate
>>
Can someone give me a quick run down on cheat days/meals?
Is it not more than a day/meal which is still in your daily kcal intake but is utter trash?
>>
>>42581790
Just use gloves you morons. Stop listening to memes for advice.
>>
Am I suppose to feel soreness in my hip adductors when squatting? Where should I be feeling most of the burn?
>>
>>42587323
>using gloves at the gym

fucking pussies
>>
>>42583402
What other kind of football is he supposed to play? I'm in Texas, and Texas puts out alot of D1 players every year. The competition is fierce. I want him to have any edge possible.
>>
>>42587326
it's normal if your mobility is shit, can you do a split?

>>42587239
macro's still fit but it's not chicken and broccoli

>>42587208
wouldn't work anymore, you're too late

>>42587187
nothing wrong, don't just change your rep ranges randomly, follow a structured program
Omar has a new program that I'm gonna try out next

>>42587067
it can't get any worse for you anon

>>42587059
depends on if you do every muscle every day or 15 sets of chest every workout

>>42586911
depends on diet and depends on cardio, just do both

>>42586841
it feels good and when you start getting a lot of mass you'll get winded faster, just look at the olympia guys they're constantly out of breath
>>
>>42587326
>>42587486
Nope, I am unable to do a split. I guess I need to work on my flexibility. Thanks.
>>
Anyone else shake when they left? My lifts are pretty good (put up 225 on incline bench today) but my whole fucking body shakes like Michael J Fox when I do it.
>>
>>42587569
my new gymbro has the same, and he can barely open up his legs so that's why I asked

>>42587575
if you shake DURING the lift, it's too heavy
>>
Any low impact but effective cardio?
I'm recovering from a tibial fracture and gained a lot of weight ;_;
>>
>>42587665
sex
>>
My DL is at 150kg and the clear weak link is my grip strength BUT when I finish my set and look at my hands, my left hand looks relatively unstressed, my right is all red, white and torn up. It's also my right hand that struggles to keep a strong hold on the bar throughout. There's clearly an imbalance. I'm right-handed. Has anyone had this problem and is there a way to ensure I'm balancing the load better?
>>
Can anyone recommend a whey or whey-iso protein that doesn't mix like absolute fucking shit?

I've tried like 5 different tubs so far and they all mix like absolute garbage. Dear lord, I really wonder what kind of black magic shakers people are using to get a good mix in the reviews. Some mix OK using the shaker (few chunks), 2 of them I needed to use a blender. Sometimes I don't go home or I just wanna stir it easily into a big glass I can clean quickly if my cups not around.

The names I can remember so far are ON Gold whey, body fortress whey, and muscletech (was a mix of iso and casein).
>>
>>42587783

i use myprotein unflavored isolate. mixes fine
>>
File: tfwnogf.jpg (117KB, 1262x709px) Image search: [Google]
tfwnogf.jpg
117KB, 1262x709px
>>42587708
>implying
>>
>>42587665
Didn't you get rehab exercises or something? You have no excuse start walking fatass

>>42587737
Could just use straps, otherwise just train your grip with farmer walks or something like that
>>
>>42581748
Braces fucked up my jawline by giving me a massive overbite when my rear teeth are together. When i put my front teeth together, my jaw looks normal but there's a gap between my rear teeth. Is there any way to unfuck my face?
>>
File: 1501973848731.png (66KB, 429x321px) Image search: [Google]
1501973848731.png
66KB, 429x321px
What's the best shaving cream for its cost? I've been shaving my pubes for a long time, because I've got a mad forest down there that not so much happy trails as trail of tears its way up to my bellybutton if I let it be, obscuring any ab work I do. But I seem to get a lot of razor bumps, which is equally unsightly.

tl;dr: Best shaving cream for manscaping?
>>
I met a guy a couple of years ago who claimed he squated every single day. He had a built physique. I haven't contacted him since and I was wondering, is it even possible to squat every day? Won't that destroy your knee joints?
>>
>>42582380
Let him play soccer like the rest of the kids
>>
>>42587957
I use cremo cream. Stuff is slipperier than lube and it actually hydrates and lubricates as opposed to foaming creams. Also easier to see what the fuck you're doing down there when your crotch is involved. No cooling tech or anything like that to make your balls light on fire.

If you can't get that maybe try and find other gel-types like gilette body, but it's just not the same imo. US Walmart has cremo for sure and it's just as good for your face.

Look up the reviews yourself. Stuff is liquid gold and a bottle lasts you months.
>>
>>42588056
Thanks! I'll give it a go!
>>
>>42587986
some olympians squat 6 times a week
>>
>>42581748
I'm cooking some chicken breasts in a slow cooker with some chicken stock. How many calories does the chicken take on from the chicken stock after being cooked in it.

I pour the stock out and just shred the chicken so it's not like it's coated in it like when you cook something in olive oil.
>>
>>42584938
no but if you're new and not fat it'll stall your progress quicker

what are your goals?
>>
>>42581921
post pics
>>
>>42581748
Will I get kicked out of a gym for showing my snail trail?
>>
So for college I need to take this base PE class (college), I've got about 6 months of lifting experience doing SS but my PE class won't let me do squats or dead lifts. whats a 3 day program I can do without squats and deadlifts?

Something else of note, I do judo twice a week for 2 hours at a time, it's a very physical workout, not like most modern judo lessons.
>>
File: asdf.png (387KB, 890x365px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
387KB, 890x365px
SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE

What is this muscle called?
Is it my serratus or lat?
I dont really know
>>
>>42588212
Change deadlifts for rows and squats for leg press
>>
I missed my workout today, and my next scheduled is on Wednesday.

What's worse, missing a workout, or going in tomorrow and working out on consecutive days? I'm cutting if it makes any difference.
>>
>>42588056
You shave the hair on your belly? Are you gay? Don't shave, just trim.
>>
>>42588247
Those are lats.
>>
>>42588280
Really?
Does that mean I have no serratus?
>>
Is "starving mode" real?
Will eating 1000cal a day fuck me up?
>5'10
>male
>100kg or about 220/230lb (almost obese)
>>
>>42588284
No, your serrati are further forward on your chest, a bit below your pecs. The muscles you have circled are part of your back, not sticking out and to the side of your chest
>>
>>42588299
Yeah, don't do that, it's a big mistake. Eat at least twice that much, you'll still lose weight quickly.
>>
Why are my squats so shit? After lifting for a few years, my lifts were

~125 3x5 squat
~240 3x5 deadlift
~230 bench

Like what the fuck is wrong?
>>
Increased vascularity is correlated with lower bf %?
I kinda stopped my cut and haven't been paying much attention to what I've been eating for a couple of weeks but I noticed that my forearms are getting more vascular. Am I still losing fat?
>>
I dislocated/fractured my shoulder well over 10 years ago, started lifting a few months ago and sometimes whilst doing shoulder press I notice some pain in the same shoulder.
Will this go away the stronger my shoulder gets or what should I do?
>>
>>42581790
i have those but they dont hurt at all

kek
>>
I have some questions about bulking.

1) Should I stop doing all cardio until I meet the weight I want?

2) Should I care about my macros when bulking? I've been going out with friends and family more often and we've been going out to eat. Should I worry about what I eat?

3) How do I deal with getting fat after bulking? I have poor self esteem issues and I always worry about looking fat.
>>
What are the signs of high test?

What do people mean by 'aggressive' and why is it associated with high test exactly? Is it guaranteed high test == source of aggressiveness?
>>
Any good swim regimens out there? Looking to lose some pounds.
>>
Will wrist pain from pull-ups go away as I get stronger?
>>
>>42588540
also curious about this
>>
What do I need to do startbodyweight.com?

I have a garage, that's where I plan to do it, but do I need a pull up bar? Can I get one of those door ones or what?
>>
I just found out I've got gyno
Do people notice it? Do they care? Will it get worse if i build some chest muscle?
>>
>>42586756
Lift and remain low bf.
Should be easy as a manlet
>>
>>42584138
Get some Myoprotein whey protein.
11 lb for $50.
200 scopes x 20 grams of protein.
Gains.

Eat shit tons of banana.
Tasty and calories dense.

Milk if you're not allergic.

Potato and rice ... Tons of calories.
>>
File: 1471871127147.jpg (484KB, 752x950px) Image search: [Google]
1471871127147.jpg
484KB, 752x950px
How unhealthy are oral steriods compared to injections? And how do the effects compare?
>>
Anyone have a PT routine for an AC joint overuse injury?
>>
>>42589252
I'm natty, but from what I hear orals suck.
If you're going to go through the effort to get your hands on illegal anabolic substances anyway, you might as well go all the way and do it right by injecting. You're exposed to a fair amount of the same sides without nearly the same benefits.

But I'm just a 5 year natty. This is just what I've gathered researching when I was younger and considering roids. After enough time, you realize that being lean with at least some muscle mass is all that matters physically. Keep lifting, do more cardio and eat clean.

All your other problems that are pushing you to consider roiding are things that will not go away if you roid. If anything, they'll eventually hit you even harder when you realize you put off the important things you needed to go anyway and instead potentially harmed your body long term for some short term relief.
>>
File: 1462575089490.jpg (207KB, 1118x708px) Image search: [Google]
1462575089490.jpg
207KB, 1118x708px
>>42581748

Working on a cutting meal plan while trying to prevent muscle loss, how's this?

Protein Shake
>Protein Powder, 46 grams, 36 g protein, 4 carb, 4 g fat, 188 kcal
>2% Milk, 1 cup, 10 g protein, 14 carb, 5 g fat, 140 kcal
>Dark Cocoa Powder, 2 tbsp, 2 g protein, 6 g carbs, 1 g fat, 20 kcal
>Frozen Banana, 1 banana, 1.5 g protein, 31 g carb, 0.4 g fat, 121 kcal,
TOTAL: 49.5 g protein (39%), 55.1 g carbs (43%), 10.4 g fat (18%), 469 kcal

Chicken Meal
>Chicken Breast, 336 grams, 78 g protein, 0 g carbs, 4.5 g fat, 360 kcal
>Brown Rice, 90 grams, 8 g protein, 70 g carbs, 3 g fat, 320 kcal
>Broccoli, 170 grams, 6 g protein, 8 g carbs, 0 g fat, 50 kcal
>Minced Garlic, 1 tsp, 0g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat, 5 kcal
>Olive Oil, ½ tsp, 0g protein, 0g carbs, 2.3g fat, 20 kcal
>Low Sodium Soy Sauce, 1 tsp, 1g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat, 3 kcal
>Chicken Seasoning, 2 tbsp, 1.5g protein, 12g carbs, 0g fat, 60 kcal
TOTAL: 94.5 g protein (45%), 92 g carbs (44%), 9.8 g fat (11%), 818 kcal

Beef Meal
>Beef 85% Lean, 1/3 lb patty, 30 g protein, 0 g carbs, 23 g fat, 330 kcal
>Spinach, 170 grams, 4 g protein, 8 g carbs, 0 g fat, 40 kcal
>100% Whole Wheat Bun, 1 bun, 9 g protein, 32 g carbs, 3.5 g fat, 190 kcal
>Minced Garlic, 1 tsp, 0g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat, 5 kcal
>Olive Oil, ½ tsp, 0g protein, 0g carbs, 2.3g fat, 20 kcal
>Low Sodium Soy Sauce, 1 tsp, 1g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat, 3 kcal
>Beef Seasoning, 1.5 tsp, 2g protein, 3g carbs, 0g fat, 14 kcal
TOTAL: 46 g protein (30%), 45 g carbs (29%), 28.8 g fat (41%), 602 kcal

Snack
>Hard Boiled Eggs, 2 eggs, 10g protein, 0g carbs, 7g fat, 120 kcal
TOTAL: 10 g protein (61%), 0 g carbs (0%), 7 g fat (39%), 120 kcal

Daily Total: 200 g protein (39%), 192 g carbs (37%), 56 g fat (24%), 2019 kcal
>>
>>42588328
Wtf. How can you walk? Anyone that can walk should be able to squat 135. See a doctor!!!
>>
Can I get aesthetic without ever touching a barbell?

Basically dumbbells and machines.
Just preference. Can anyone answer this question?

Aesthetic for me is looking good at low body fat. Lean.
>>
>>42589755
Yes
>>
>>42588811
pleoise resddopng
>>
>>42582275
isn't this bitch on netflix?
>>
I want to combine basketball with an upper/lower split based around compound lifts.
What are some other lifts I can/should add besides compounds?
>>
File: 1496214276797.jpg (38KB, 507x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496214276797.jpg
38KB, 507x480px
My libido dropped down during my recent cut.

While I understand it is a normal process during losing weight on kcal deficit, It worries me since with a lot of leg traning (which boosts test) and skyrocketing lifts in other areas. my test should be higher.

Should I supplement myself to boost test atm?(no meme oil injections, frauding is scheduled for late spring)
>>
>>42589863
get into plyos if you're strong enough, helped me jump higher
>>
How often should I train abs? Twice a week enough?
>>
What is better: getting a full nights sleep or always getting up at the same time?
so like if I head out some night and go to sleep at 2am, it is ultimately better to sleep my full amount?
>>
Anyone got that video of some absolute wanker talking about his gym and his crossfit-tier routine? He says he's friends with the owner so can get people thrown out if they call him out on the retarded bullshit she does in the gym. It got massive dislikes and i think he took it down but someone's got to have a mirror or something.
>>
Is there a way to make your heart healthier without burning too many calories? I would do cardio, but that makes me lose alot of cals, which I need as i am bulking
>>
File: 1494588862423.jpg (35KB, 222x152px) Image search: [Google]
1494588862423.jpg
35KB, 222x152px
>>42590101

do a fucking cardio and eat a little more then you dense motherfucker

5-10 minutes of HIIT after workout will be enough

why the fuck so many people fall for the "bulk = no cardio xD " meme?
>>
File: Teres-major.png (88KB, 422x377px) Image search: [Google]
Teres-major.png
88KB, 422x377px
>>42588247
>>42588280
yes lat or teres-major depending on what you ment.

Cant do benchpress after moving, will do OHP instead, any ideas what I have to look out for? Might have to do some deadlift or something for the triceps?
Don't quite know how I will do power cleans here, guess more control while putting it down.
>>
>>42587208
Nothing you can do, for your sake I hope you like fucking midgets or dudes.
>>
I'm currently 295 lbs 5'11. I've lost about 50lbs from my highest so far through diet change and I've recently started doing bodyweight exercises routinely, It's been about a month since I started and I see and feel a definite change in my body,people are also commenting on it and I'm finding I'm getting more attention overall. I feel as if my metabolism is speeding up. It's like I'm riding a wave and I find myself looking forward to workouts. My question is if bodyweight exercises are very effective (especially at this weight). Most people I've talked to irl seem to think they are and I certainly feel a difference.
>>
>>42590215
When I started out I wasn't able to do a push up, so I had to use weights so that I could use them.

If you can't do all the bodyworkout stuff you want weights will usually be really great at helping you. I would allways advise Weighttraining. I did several years of self-defence(HIIT) but starting lifting boosted my strenght and physical abilities unbelievable.

So I would advise a combo of HIIT and lifting. Althought you might have problems doing both due to stress. So yea, the most important thing is to have fun and stay active.
>>
>>42590248
Yeah man when I started I literally couldn't hold a kneeling plank for more than 10 or 20 seconds, then not long after I could hold that for over a minute and then a regular plank and so on. It's small but the since of progress is rewarding.
>>
>>42590215
>>42590248
well lads speaking of bodyweight pleaose respoind >>42588811
>>
>>42590254
*sense tired
>>
>>42590255
The "guide" I've been following from /fit/ is somewhat similar but I haven't really needed to purchase anything. You can do most of it with no equipment. Just sturdy surfaces in your home at the very least I guess.
>>
File: 14568314.jpg (70KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
14568314.jpg
70KB, 520x520px
I am a very picky eater but I want to get fit. Can I bulk and build muscle on just maruchan ramen and peanuts? I hate meat and veggies but some fruit is ok I guess maybe some strawberries too. Each pack has 5g of protein so it should be good for that since I eat two at a time anyway.
>>
>>42590255
don't do such bullshit. If you want real bodyweight workout join a club, self defence is possible (NOT MMA) they have their hiit warm up/workout prior to technique training. That's literally the cheapest and best instruction possible.
If you want to really do stuff after a certain level you will usually need weights thought.
There is simply just so much you can do with a simple no tool workout and the procress is far slower usually.

If you want to be able to do fancy stuff with your body, not training the things but training for the things would be a better idea.
Like running, you don't run 4h everyday, you train with weights and HIIT and run from time to times.
Don't know anything too specific about that site thought.
>>42590271
oh btw. usually once you are able to do something fairly well you will be able to progress faster until a certain point.
>>42590285
yes you can. I would advise against it thought.
>>
>>42590292
Yes there's a progression in what I'm following so I'm going from assisted squat to squat, incline pushup to pushup, etc.
>>
>>42590292
>yes you can
cool. why do you advise against it though? I'm trying to open up my mind but the only other things I really like to eat are pancakes and frosted flakes cereal and I figured that wouldn't be sufficient. plus I get sick after eating all that sugar too often.
>>
File: sam.png (224KB, 332x390px) Image search: [Google]
sam.png
224KB, 332x390px
>>42581748
i was squatting today and during my 2 last reps i felt a pain that at first began in my inner left asscheek. i just ignored it for a while but then i did the next rep and it felt like i tore a muscle inside my left asscheek. pain was decent and i had to limp away from the bar and sit down. pain is still there when i lift my leg to the front and back. its fine when im just standing up straight though. friend said it was sciatica, is this true? if so, how should i work my legs if i can't do squats?
>>
>>42590327
Ok, I assume you are serious and basically only eat those three things.
Now a bulk usually means you normal callories + some more and a bit of protein.
Since you are alive you will most probably managing bulking if you have enough kalories and protein.
However for a good diet you need vitamins, carbonhydrates, fat and proteins and fiber.
So maybe use you pancakes to do:
Oats + egg + proteinpowder
or
pancake batter with sweet proteinpowder instead of mixed to the sugar.
I think your problem wouldn't be bulking but a healthy diet and getting enought protein per kalorie.
>>42590328
visit a physican. don't train injured unless you know what you are doing.
>>
>>42587456
If you wanted him to have every edge then you'd leave Texas for somewhere less competitive, where he'd also be safer not playing full contact before he's physically mature. Leave coaching to coaches, stop living vicariously and look after your boy until he's old enough to look after himself
>>
>>42589926
Which ones would you suggest? I know about box jumps already.
>>
>>42582380
any age for calisthenics, dumbells around 13 and barbell training at 16, lifting only stunts your growth if you damage the growth plates so stick to light weight until hes around 15
>>
>>42584920
you forgot that they also cant recover from that volume without toxic levels of roids and protein
>>
File: 1503380849157.png (30KB, 208x220px) Image search: [Google]
1503380849157.png
30KB, 208x220px
>>42581748
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>42590507
you literally get this now: ^^
your amount of growth is determined by hormones and genetics. Basically weighttraining is no difference to doing anything else, you simply increase weight to trigger an homeostasis.
>>42590437
you can't jump higher, reference: Mark rippletown.
You will gain some hight in your jump by loosing weight and gaining muscle. but the jump it self isn't trainable.
get low bodyfat and high squats.
>>
Any decent online meal plans to follow without the bodybuilding.com bullshit? I suck at planning
>>
>>42590544
Yeah, I know. I was just wondering what kind of plyos would be useful next to compounds
>>
>>42590544
You can't jump higher?
>>
I've recently gotten ahold of a pack of ephedrine, dmaa and coffeine and something more in it(??). How will this affect me and my training and is there certain diet that will get me more results?
>>
>>42590797
Results depend on you
>>
>>42590424
None of this could be farther from the truth. Thanks but no thanks
>>
>>42590804
No really effects from the products, eh?
>>
>>42590780
https://youtu.be/aX7QjuveBnY

you jump a bit higher due to muscle gain and fatlos. but your vertical jump will not improve.
>>
Im doing a split it has different muscle groups each day is this optimal hitting one group a week if my goal is aesthetics?
>>
>>42590998
no. if you are on roids yes, otherwise no.
look up how low muscles need to heal after stress(a workout).
you basically do stuff at less than 1/3 to 1/2 of the speed you could be doing it.

god this place has gone to complete shit, we need trappy back. where is she btw? haven't been here in some time.
guess constant basic information and rippletot posting was indeed important.
>>
Should I be doing my intermittent fasting every day or just on my strength days? I lift MWF and eat 2000 cal between 1 and 8 p.m. Is it a waste of time to be fasting on T+Th as well? I'm just trying to lose weight first, haven't built up much strength yet.
>>
>>42590852
I apologise then, i somehow got the impression you wanted to get your 10yo to start powerlifting to increase his chance of making a D1 college
>>
File: Optimum_bcaa_1000_caps.jpg (26KB, 251x450px) Image search: [Google]
Optimum_bcaa_1000_caps.jpg
26KB, 251x450px
How do you guys take this fucker here? I know it says 2pills 1-3 times a day buy I have to overdo everything, right?
>>
is it "alright" if i do 10 squats (for example) in a row when doing stronglifts and then continue with 5x3 or something like that? basically if i feel i can do more without taking a break.

for what it's worth, i'm still doing rookie numbers, but i just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't somehow ruin the whole point of SL or something like that
>>
>>42591342
Sure you can do more squat but don't just mindlessly do them, if you do more make sure you are working on your form.
Be conscious of how you squat and eventually you will have perfect form that will allow you to squat with no injury.
Alternatively, just add more weight until it feels difficult.
>>
>>42591342
The program says that if you can get more than 6+ reps, increase the weight
>>
File: 1502324435844.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1502324435844.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
What are some core exercises I can do? I'm already doing sit-ups, bridges, and knee-raises. additionally how can I hit my obliques more?
Any neck exercises that wont end me with a pinched nerve?
>>
>>42591295
>hurrdurr I buy supplements and shove shit in my mouth without knowing what it does
>>
>>42590854
>what are stimulants
are you too retarded to google?
>>
What do you guys think about the routine below (fierce5)? Is It good?

Workout A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Pendlay Rows 3x8
Face Pulls 3x10
Calf raises 2x15/Tricep pressdowns 2x10 Superset

Workout B
Front Squat 3x5
Overhead Press 3x5
Romanian Deadlift 3x8
Lat Pulldowns 3x8 (any grip)
Ab work 2x15/Bicep curls 2x10 Superset (I don’t care what ab work you do)
>>
>>42591964
Forgot to mention, its a 3 times a week routine.
>>
File: 1486509598173.jpg (116KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486509598173.jpg
116KB, 640x480px
If cottage cheese is good and whey is good,
why is regular cheese bad?
>>
How do I get into shape as a poorfag?
>>
>>42592566
Eat well and exercise.
>>
>183cm
>83kg

best lifts so far
>115kg x2 atg back squat
>140kg x4 conventional dl
>97,5kg x1 flat bench
>70kg x1 strict ohp
>35kg x1 pullup

symmetric strength says im unbalanced as fuck

always trained balanced tho. even when i started to focus on lower body my upper body just progresses faster and easier

genetics?
>>
Does rice protein take longer to ingest than whey? Is it like casein?
>>
>>42592536
Nice troll
>>
What is a good beginner bodyweight routine? Not fat and no gym available right now.
>>
I successfully managed to lose 20 kg and I now weight 83 kg at 190 cm. Should I keep cutting?
>>
File: jonsnow.jpg (3MB, 4057x2700px) Image search: [Google]
jonsnow.jpg
3MB, 4057x2700px
hey guys i'm trying to get back in shape after 6 years of neglect. been going well for a few weeks and have seen some good progress, but have a question.

i'm at work literally all day. here for over 12 hours most days so i work out afterward without much opportunity to eat dinner until after which is around 9pm. should I be worried about eating so late or is it fine.

thought about just drinking a protein shake when i get home and eating a bigger breakfast/lunch. how does this sound?
>>
>>42592888
It's not a troll it's a sandwitch.
Nice trips.
>>
>>42581921
Insecure faggot, she's going to cuck you.
>>
>>42593039
count calories you stupid bastard
>>
How much Creatine should you take?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1503375343952.jpg (17KB, 318x320px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1503375343952.jpg
17KB, 318x320px
>>42584227
Nick??
>>
>>42582043
this always work, assuming you're above 14
>>
>>42588111

I am fat

I'm ~193lbs now and I've been stalling on most of my lifts besides squats. I'm okay with stalling until I hit ~175 or so
>>
>>42593119
5scoops
>>
File: 7ff.jpg (53KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
7ff.jpg
53KB, 288x499px
How much creatine are you supposed to take daily, and when should it be taken? Everywhere I look I see different answers from 5g a day to 5g after each meal to 20g a day. Is it supposed to be taken during meals or as a preworkout or what?
>>
>>42582100
Is there something wrong with lifting the bar and pulling the plate off on one side and then doing the same to other side while letting the other end sit on the floor?
>>
I've been lifting for a few months but between school and a desk job my posture isn't great.
I think I have mild thoracic kyphosis and my shoulders come forward.
Especially after sleeping hunched over all night I get shoulder pain, especially when lifting.

What should I do besides sleeping correctly, pec stretches?
>>
>>42584901
Sounds like a metaphor for life
>>
>>42593039
Theres litteraly nothing wrong with eating late eating a lot of food early in the day is much worse, makes you too relaxed, harder to push for PRs on a full stomach
>>
If one were clean bulking at a surplus of 250 calories and were to overeat by 750 calories, would eating at a deficit of 500 calories the next day be too detrimental to your progress to consider? I'm a former fatty and I'm terrified of the concept of gaining fat again.
>>
Not really fitness related but does anyone here use coconut oil for their beard? If so, how often do you apply it and how much do you use?
>>
>>42593374
If monohydrate, 5g a day, anything more is just wasting creatine. It doesn't matter when you take it as long as you do it regularly.
>>
>>42593567
don't do the basic original starting strength
you need to train your back as hard as you hit your chest, deadlifts aren't enough
for me, stretches and forcing good posture throughout the day didn't do it. just rows, chinups and deadlifts
>>
>>42593724
I'd eat 500 cal less the next day
the tdee you're working with is probably not accurate anyway
protip: weigh yourself everyday
>>
>>42593013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIX-RyorgkQ
>>
I danced and made out with a girl yesterday, she didn't go home with me that night but she added me on facebook. Now I want to invite her for a drink and have sex with her afterwards either tomorrow or on Thursday. Currently I am building up the courage to message her.

But, I do not want to be in a relationship with her. I only want sex, but I am afraid that I will hurt her feelings or that she will get to attached.

How do you go about doing this smoothly? Do I fuck her and never message her? Do I fuck her, continue to message her and possibly have more sex?
>>
How do I properly count calories in chicken breast?

100g of raw breast is around 170 kcal according to Google, but it jumps to ~250 after being fried in a pan (without flour or batter and all that jazz).

Do they weigh the chicken after it's fried and lost weight or what? Does the oil add that many calories?
>>
So I broke my ankle in high school really fucking bad, I completely shattered it and was laid up for 6 or 7 months. I'm 23 now but it never healed right and I walk out-toed (it's like the opposite of pigeon toed). I have a weird ass lurching gait and it fucks with my form hardcore, but the last few days I've been trying to just force myself to walk straight. It looks way better and isn't too bad but last night I had a huge cramp and now I'm not sure if I should be forcing myself to walk normal, or just accept I am going to waddle no matter how fit I get. Should I be trying to force it or just accept my fate as a cripple?
>>
>>42594041
>I am afraid that I will hurt her feelings

Lmao listen to this guy
>>
>>42594095

1 tablespoon of olive oil has around ~100kcal

so yes
>>
>>42594115
I am not even that handsome or an amazing guy, so I doubt its a huge loss for her when she realizes I am only interested in sex. But I just really feel like an asshole, and I don't like to make people sad. I know how rejection feels, and although I pretend to not give a fuck when a girl I have been with rejects me, I still spend a lot of time thinking about it, and I am expecting its the same way with most other people.

I just feel like I need some encouragement, and I have no idea what she expects from me.
>>
>>42582380
Ignore these fucking morons. China and Russia both kidnap children way younger and train them to be the ultimate lifters.

Just google what they do and you'll have an ubermensch son.
>>
>>42593118
I do, just have found conflicting information about eating close to bed time.

>>42593624
Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>42584970
>>>>source
>>
File: IMG_2406.jpg (39KB, 622x260px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2406.jpg
39KB, 622x260px
How are my test levels? I have no symptoms of low-t (unless my regular mood is a low-t mood). I believe everything is normal except my total test is low, which people say is irrevelant. Still, I'm only 22, so having such low total test is a bit worrying. I have no vitamin deficiencies.
>>
>>42594095
well if you have 100g of uncooked chicken and fry it the water gets out.
if you now take 100g of cooked chicken you have more protein and less water. But the piece of chicken has allways the same calories. In my opinion oil adds nothing to chicken anyway. I used to fry them in water.
Also while lossing weight you want an increased amount of protein.
>proteinspareffekt (enough proteins so that your body doesn't use the muscles but the fat, while in a caloric -

>>42593960
chinups and deadlifts maybe some olimpic lifts are kinda in the SS program, are they not?

>>42593872
no, just use good conditioner. that stuff made my beard both beautiful and good smelling.
No downsides like oil.

>>42593567
really look into posture and some good mattres to sleep on? especially if you get older.
Don't self diagnose with some stuff. maybe your muscle are just cramped up. would be more obvious.
>>42593545
it's usally the only way if you don't have any chance of racking it or something. Just look out for your back while lifting stuff.
>>42593342
loosing weight and increasing lifts is hard to imposible.
your lifts might have goten better due to technique more than thanks to muscle development.
if you eat enough, sleep enough, rest enough between sets, drink enough and aren't ill there shouldn't really be a reason for you not to progress properly unless you
either don't use proper form or increase the weight too much.
fatigue can acumulate btw.
>>42593119
all of it. don't forget to wash it down with your first /sip/ every day.
>>42592964
100push ups, 100squats and 10km
every
single
day
>>
>>42581748
Is it a good idea when following a meal prep that goes 5 days and then fasting on the final two days to help with weight loss? If so how would you prepare in advance for that?
>>
Currently looking into doing nSuns' 5/3/1
It has me doing back accessories on both Monday and Tuesday, and Tuesday has me deadlifting as well.
I thought I want supposed to hit the same muscle group two days in a row? What's the deal with this?
>>
>>42594041
Could you type any more like a fucking pajeet? Wtf how the fuck does one even type in pajeet im confused as fuck, you did it anyway
>>
What is a good set/rep range for box jumps?
>>
>>42594423
You obviously cant even read the chart

it literally states your own value, then on the right the normal ranges. How the fuck are you so stupid?
>>
>>42581748
Are proteins filled with vitamins and minerals a meme?

also tried this xcore hydro isolate and tastes fine, only had myprotein proteins and they all tasted horrible.
Problem is, it seems my stomach doesn't endure it pretty well

any other brand you guys recommend? I got all the dosh ready to spend, especially considering I dont use whey everyday
taste is important
>>
any portuguese bro here, copped some "bifanas de porco" and got no clue on its nutritional value and googling hasnt helped
>>
on SL 5x5, can I add curls after doing rows or is this a bad idea?
>>
How do I into vitamin D supps?
>>
>>42588328
I hope this isn't in lbs
>>
Jesus most of these posts can be easily answered by just googling.

Maybe we should make a new thread to contain all these tards who can't google.
>Questions that don't deserve their own post
>>
I NEED HELPS BRAHS
One day after a heavy triceps workout my right triceps started twitching like crazy almost as if it was a beating heart, it's been 5 hours and it still won't stop. Am i gonna die ?
>>
What's a realistic time frame for an average guy to reach 1/2/3/4 with proper diet and gym 4 times a week? Starting from noob
>>
>>42595959
Clasp you penis. Your jerking muscle will do the rest.
>>
File: have you tried trying.jpg (130KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
have you tried trying.jpg
130KB, 768x768px
>>42594423
You're slap bang in the middle of normal ranges.

You're going to have think of excuse for your shitty progress beyond 'I have low T'. Maybe you should try harder.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170822-121002.png (547KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170822-121002.png
547KB, 720x1280px
never deadlifted before, but I have long arms, so im going to start. to learn proper form I want to go for light weight, but with no weight on the barbell it is too low. Would starting with 1pl8 be the best bet? keep in mind im aushwitz incarnate
>6'3 143lbs
>>
>>42595073
You can hit the same muscle group multiple days in a row.
>>
Does speed in a squat matter? I feel like I do them more slowly and deliberately than everyone else to keep my form in check but I'm not sure if this fatigues your muscles enough that it affects performance
>>
>>42595446
Do curls every day.

>>42596421
Just add enough weight that it can't be picked up by a stiff breeze. It's not rocket science.

>>42596445
It probably affects performance. If you have 'good form' then you should be able to squat quickly to maintain it.

Chances are you are nitpicking about form anyway. It only need to be good enough to hit depth and not injure you. You don't win prizes or build muscle just for having the 'best form' squat.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.