[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apparently I have scoliosis. What exercises should I avoid?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

Apparently I have scoliosis.

What exercises should I avoid?
>>
>>42581723
The ones your doctor says you should avoid. Wtf are you asking 4chan for?
>>
>>42581723
>Ignore your doctor, they don't want to get sued and don't understand what's involved with most sport/exercise (unless you're a pro athlete with your own clinical care team)
>do whatever exercise you want/are capable of doing (if your back hurts doing something take some sort of precaution)
>Get surgery if you can
>After surgery try to introduce as much as you can as soon as you feel capable (again ignoring doctor for the most part, although they'll tell you to walk as soon as you possibly can but they'll also tell you don't lift for a year to protect themselves just in case anything did go wrong)
If you're a competent WL/BB'er you want snap yourself. Plus having massive surgery means you get to experience noob gains twice in one lifetime
t. had kyphosis
>>
>asking 4chan for medical advice

seriously OP, is this how much your health is worth to you?
>>
File: 1503177409720.jpg (8KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1503177409720.jpg
8KB, 320x180px
I got a spinal fusion in my youth (I was only 15) and my surgeon told me that I could do anything since the titanium rods would protect my spine. However, he told me that I would never to do push ups again because of my kyphosis. Oh boy, he should see me now.

I think you should be careful with squats and deadlifts, I am very careful doing those and I progress very slow and very light on them.

Also, seek medical advise from your doctor. This is only from my experience.
>>
>>42582448
It must suck to live in a country where you can't listen to your doctors because they have to protect themselves from getting sued...
>>
File: 1471165186171390106.jpg (27KB, 490x388px) Image search: [Google]
1471165186171390106.jpg
27KB, 490x388px
None.
>>
>>42581723
>tfw have a bit of the ol' thoracic

feels bad dude.
>>
>>42581723
Start light and go by feel. I have it too and I can squat just fine, but deadlifts don't feel good at all.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.